Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blame Thread........who what or where is responsible

Started by Lanny, October 18, 2014, 04:56:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boardon Hamsay

Personally, I don't worry about assigning blame for a loss. It is what it is; we played undisciplined and lost to a really good team.  What the Hogs do on the field is out of my control and I don't really understand letting something that is out of my control turn me into a completely miserable bastage.  Maybe over time I've become too zen for some folks here but it just is what it is.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hoglady

At some point we've got to address the fact that our Special Teams play is just horrible. Every phase - horrible. Even our punting (which had been the bright spot) was subpar today. Another missed extra point. Another game without a run back of one single punt. At least today we did actually fair catch one (which I guess is an improvement).
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

mlloyd4

It's Nick Saban's fault. True story. There was a time not to long ago when the SEC West was so weak that a Houston Nutt coached Razorback team actually competed for the division championship. 'Bama was rotating coaches in every 2 to 3 years, Auburn had Tommy T, and the Mississippi schools were losing to Kentucky and Vandy. Georgia, Tennessee and Florida ruled supreme. Then Nick Saban came and screwed that all up. Saban has lifted up the competitiveness of the SEC, and in doing so, he has made more difficult for the Hogs. Saban is a good man off the field, a real swell guy, but on the field he is pure evil.
WPS

arsuperhog

Quote from: moses_007 on October 18, 2014, 08:47:06 pm
Yes, we would have been much better off.  It pains me to say this, but even Houston Nutt was a much better coach than what we have right now.  Nutt never went 0-8 in the SEC.
That was also a much different SEC. There was no Saban, no Malzahn, and two Mississippi schools that were horrible every year. Nutt would not win many games in this SEC