Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Officiating Crew?

Started by lumphog, October 16, 2014, 04:33:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lumphog

Dosen't matter.....we're gonna have to beat them too

jdevers

I don't know, UGA seems to get a lot of really bad calls as well...often game changing. 

OTTER

And I thought the old SWC officials were bad.  Shoot, they were great compared to these crews in the SEC.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: John (mrchambo) Chamberlain on October 16, 2014, 04:42:56 pm
I understand it's Marc Curles, assisted by Tom Ritter and Penn Wagers...

MrC

Umpire is Preston Watts.
Back Judge is Tommy Bell.

ricepig

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on October 16, 2014, 04:53:46 pm
Umpire is Preston Watts.
Back Judge is Tommy Bell.

Perry Costello is going to help in some way.......

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 16, 2014, 03:59:10 pm
Does anyone know who it is this week? Sorry Joe about last week.

They're having throwback refs this week...

Tommy Bell, Preston Watts, and Professor Quincy Adams Wagstaff

forrest city joe

Quote from: jdevers on October 16, 2014, 04:36:04 pm
I don't know, UGA seems to get a lot of really bad calls as well...often game changing. 
Nobody gets the screw jobs that Arkansas gets.Wagers,Curles, Ritter. they all are cheaters and suck.and there are a lot more bad ones in the SEC. keep an eye on them again this week. same freaking BS.

Dr. Starcs

Teddy Valentine will be the replay official.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

PorkerOinker

Good lord, now we are starting threads complaing about getting screwed before we even played the game. Only ARKANSAS fans!
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Hoggam's Razor

Every fan board has the same issues with officiating. It's not the Razorbacks that have a monopoly on bad officials...but, I get your point regardless.
I hate it when people complain.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 16, 2014, 04:35:46 pm
It DOES matter. But yeah your right on the latter.

Why does it matter? Is there anything that can be done about it?

bp

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: PorkerOinker on October 16, 2014, 06:01:19 pm
Good lord, now we are starting threads complaing about getting screwed before we even played the game. Only ARKANSAS fans!

If the Cardinals come back against the Royals, Don Denkinger will ump the Series against the Royals. First base. Every game.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 16, 2014, 06:40:54 pm
You do hate Me. We all know that. It's not crap that I am talking about. People like You tick Me the frick of. Bordertroll.

Dude, really, I have done nothing but ask for clarification on some of your posts (other than that one time last week when I requested you change your screen name to save on confusion).

Some of your posts don't make a lot of sense to me. No hate involved. I save that for a few other posters.

bp

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 16, 2014, 05:45:49 pm
Teddy Valentine will be the replay official.

Nah, Horton Nesrsta is taking over.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

rljjr

So basically nobody knows.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

All I have heard this week is how bad we got screwed by officiating Saturday, and that is from Ole Miss, MSU and Auburn fans...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pigdiana Jones

Anyone with half a brain knows the SEC cheats amd protects its higher ranked teams at all costs or if a slightly lower ranked team has better potential to make them more $$ they'll figure out a way to help them win. SEC refs have zero integrity, none.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

bville_hog

Gerald Beaudreaux making a guest appearance to let GA snap the ball before arkansas gets on the field.

ricepig

Hopefully we get Hubert Davis.

Madface Magician

rickm1976

When you've been burned as many times as we have, then it just comes naturally.

SPAL

Larry leatherwood will be the replay official in charge of holding call reviews

Hog N Bama

I know but did you see the last game? Wow, just WOW!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: OTTER on October 16, 2014, 04:37:18 pm
And I thought the old SWC officials were bad.  Shoot, they were great compared to these crews in the SEC.

Short memory you got there.

Hog N Bama

I hope Coach B has a fog horn on his hip for the GA game with a strobe light attached

hogsanity

Quote from: Hog N Bama on October 17, 2014, 05:26:00 am
I know but did you see the last game? Wow, just WOW!

Outside of losing about 15 seconds that the Hogs should have had to make Bama punt ( assuming they did not make a 1st down ) just exactly how did the Hogs get done over by the refs last game? Both teams had 4 penalties, Bama 4-30 Hogs 4-28. The To BB was trying to call, there are many times on any Sat where a coach tries to call To at the last second before snap and does not get it.

There are about 60 FSB games every weekend and I'll let you guess which participants in those games end up complaining the loudest about the refs.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RazrRila99

I must have missed it, but I thought Tom Ritter's crew called pretty clean games for the most part.  I only saw a couple questionable calls in the aTm game and those were "real" penalties, but normally dont get called.

hogsanity

Quote from: RazrRila99 on October 17, 2014, 09:09:28 am
I must have missed it, but I thought Tom Ritter's crew called pretty clean games for the most part.  I only saw a couple questionable calls in the aTm game and those were "real" penalties, but normally dont get called.

You didn't miss anything, there are some here who don't think the Hogs have ever actually lost a game, they have been ripped off every time by the refs.  Some think they would have beaten USC in Los Angels in 2005 if the refs had just been fair.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

cbhawg03

OTTER

Quote from: hogsanity on October 17, 2014, 09:27:45 am
You didn't miss anything, there are some here who don't think the Hogs have ever actually lost a game, they have been ripped off every time by the refs.  Some think they would have beaten USC in Los Angels in 2005 if the refs had just been fair.
I had erased that game from my mind.  Now you go and mention it!  Back to therapy for me, thanks my friend!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

jbcarol

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  5 minutes ago
The referee for today's Georgia-Arkansas game is Matt Moore. Believe it's his crew's first Georgia game since last year at Vanderbilt.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pulled(PP)pork

bwahahahahahahaha, you must have missed all the rants by fcj last week prior to the game

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: hogsanity on October 17, 2014, 09:27:45 am
of course we were.....that game was designated "two hand touch" and USC didn't stop after we touched them

PP

jbcarol

From a year ago: Disciplinary action possible for SEC refs in Georgia-Vandy game

Georgia coach Mark Richt and Athletic Director Greg McGarity have had extensive conversations with SEC coordinator of officials Steve Shaw and other league administrators about the targeting calls that went against the Bulldogs in this past Saturday's game against Vanderbilt. We won't likely ever know what came from those discussions, but you can bet something did.

QuoteThe call on Georgia defensive end Ray Drew was made by referee Matt Moore. As Richt said on Sunday, that hit "by the letter of the law" probably met the criteria of a "targeting" foul. However, everybody – including the NFL's head of officials, who tweeted as much – believes Drew should not have been ejected from the game. If anybody faces discipline as a result of that ruling, it would likely be the replay official, Mike McGinnis, who upheld the disqualification despite video evidence to the contrary.

But what discipline, if any, transpired as a result of all these reviews is and will remain unknown. The only way to know if anybody was suspended or dismissed as a result of this past weekend's actions will be to determine whether any of the officials on a crew this coming weekend.

The final result -- a 31-27 Vanderbilt victory -- will of course remain forever unchanged.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

SemperFi

Breaking news!!! Stevie Wonder is turning in his piano for a whistle. The SEC has assigned Stevie and his crew to the Arkansas / Georgia game. He'll also be working part time as the Replay Official......honestly, the whole complaint about the quality and integrity of the SEC Officials deserves to be questioned as long as they allow people like Wagers and Curles to represent them.

Quote from: hogsanity on October 17, 2014, 08:41:17 am
Outside of losing about 15 seconds that the Hogs should have had to make Bama punt ( assuming they did not make a 1st down ) just exactly how did the Hogs get done over by the refs last game? Both teams had 4 penalties, Bama 4-30 Hogs 4-28. The To BB was trying to call, there are many times on any Sat where a coach tries to call To at the last second before snap and does not get it.

There are about 60 FSB games every weekend and I'll let you guess which participants in those games end up complaining the loudest about the refs.

Are you freaking kidding me!!!!! How did Dan Skipper get hit with an unsportsmanlike call after taking two hits to the head? Coach B was purposefully ignored when he was trying to call a timeout, which resulted in a TD for Bama. Why wouldn't Wagers and his crew allow the Hogs to keep a dry ball in the game? It is the rule that the clock should have stopped once Bama got flagged for illegal motion. That's not an interpretation of the rule, but the rule and he disregarded the rule, so we'll never know what may have happened in those final seconds of the game because Wagers stole them from us.

Yes, we got screwed by Wagers and if he's working this weekend then that tells me all I need to know about the intentions of the SEC.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

PORKULATOR

Idk who we get officiated by but Little Furman U has taken a few bad calls in stride... And they're down 18
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

FANONTHEHILL

Here they are.  I think that's Pen Wagers in the white hat.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015