Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what would you do?

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, October 18, 2014, 08:30:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulled(PP)pork

keep up with the game as it happens (while working of course), or avoid all media and watch it when I get home?

PP

Tsarcasm

i have the same problem almost every weekend. thankfully i have a job with lots of down time, so i get to watch a lot of the game on watch espn. 
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

Dr. Starcs

Keep up with it.

If you try to avoid updates, inevitably some idiot will tell you the outcome.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 18, 2014, 08:30:27 am
keep up with the game as it happens (while working of course), or avoid all media and watch it when I get home?

PP

I can never keep myself from looking at updates. I'm weak like that.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

ricepig

Poker_hog

PP
Dvr.  Nobody cares about the hogs in jackson.  I've done this exact thing
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: ricepig on October 18, 2014, 08:39:59 am
Call in sick.......
already here, and the damn hospital hasn't updated it's system so that I can watch online.

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Poker_hog on October 18, 2014, 08:41:35 am
Dvr.  Nobody cares about the hogs in jackson.  I've done this exact thing
I beg to differ, I know/met several jacksonians who care about our Hogs

I do have it dvr'd to watch later....

PP

immahog

I have tried the not looking at media till i watch on the dvr ......I does not work im very weak
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Poker_hog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 18, 2014, 08:42:48 am

PP

Just saying it be impossible to work in a hospital in ar and not know the score. 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Poker_hog on October 18, 2014, 08:47:59 am
Just saying it be impossible to work in a hospital in ar and not know the score.
I agree, but I work with a diverse group of college football fans in my ER......gators, volunqueers, old pissers, msu

PP

AirForceHog

I can't keep myself from looking up the score or sneaking in here and looking at the game thread. I've tried lord knows ive tried. So I say just keep up with it.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

jimmiewkersh

Pulled, I am in the exact same boat.  Work BLOCKS watch espn and all streaming video and audio.  I will be recording it and watching it much later.  I have to take parents to supper as soon as I get off work.  I know the score will somehow be told to me, but I still watch old games on ESPN and hope they change so the HOGS will win those on the re-run.  It has never happened, but there is always hope when you are a HOG fan.

gchamblee

Idahog

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

Bacons Rebellion

I used to wait to look until Wednesday night when the VCR tape my Dad sent arrived.

GolfnHog

"the road to hell is filled with good intentions". Try as I may, aint no way in hell I can't check the score and updates. Yes, I'm GolfnHog and I'm a Hog addict.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

HogHolio

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 18, 2014, 08:42:48 am

PP

I agree quite a few Arkansans in Jackson. The problem too is your in the heart of SEC so everybody is keeping up what the other teams are doing so even if they don't care about the hogs they know the scores or anything that's happening and will gladly inform you whether you want them to or not.

I'm probably in the same boat as well, son is playing in a baseball tourney. Should be good for first half, but depending on the bracket after pool may get screwed on 2nd half.

Torqued pork

Quit your job and get on government assistance.

1highhog

PP

Watch it when I get home and shoot anyone that dared open there mouth and say what the score was or who won, you know, the typical thing someone in our society would do these days.

Pulled(PP)pork

HogWildBison2011

My boss knows my hogdom comes first.. I got the TV set for SEC Network and my laptop ready to go on watch ESPN if its delayed on TV.

SPAL

Exact same situation.... Healthcare never closes up shop and I'm weekend option. Luckily, I have watchESPN and uverse so my plan is to pray for the Q word and watch on my phone