Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1 Thing That Worries Me

Started by trashcan maN, October 17, 2014, 11:14:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

October 17, 2014, 11:14:39 am Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:33:38 am by trashcan maN
I havent picked us to win an SEC game yet, but I am picking us to beat UGA this wk.

The only thing that worries me is a close game. They have arguably the best K in the country and we dont look to have a K at all. A very tight game like we had against Bama HEAVILY favors UGA. We cant get into a field position/defensive battle with this team

The good news is that 3 of their 4 RBs are hurt, their 2nd string RB just came from defense this week, their starter is a true frosh who toted it 38x last week, and their QB is less dangerous than Sims and doesnt have near the weapons on the outside.

I dont like the thought of banking on beating LSU AND Mizzou, so I think this is almost a must win to get comfy in bowl hopes

Hogs 28 Dogs 24

The Hogfather

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 17, 2014, 11:14:39 am
I havent picked us to win an SEC game yet, but I am picking us to beat UGA this wk.

The only thing that worries me is a close game. They have arguably the best K in the country and we dont look to have a K at all. A very tight game like we had against Bama HEAVILY favors UGA. We cant get into a defensive battle with this team

The good news is that 3 of their 4 RBs are hurt, their 2nd string RB just came from defense this week, their starter is a true frosh who toted it 32x last week and their QB is less dangerous than Sims and doesnt have near the weapons on the outside.

Hogs 28 Dogs 24

Easy.  Go for every 4th down.  Don't punt or kick.  Seriously.

trashcan maN

I think from 40-15 should be 4 down territory, within reason, if our D looks good lol

elksnort

Dan Skipper will just have to block a last second field goal, ala Carlos Hall against SC in 2001.

Großer Kriegschwein

The only thing that worries me is a close game. They have arguably the best K in the country and we dont look to have a K at all. A very tight game like we had against Bama HEAVILY favors UGA. We cant get into a field position/defensive battle with this team

The good news is that 3 of their 4 RBs are hurt, their 2nd string RB just came from defense this week, their starter is a true frosh who toted it 32x last week and their QB is less dangerous than Sims and doesnt have near the weapons on the outside.

Hogs 28 Dogs 24

He had 38 carries and is coming off a thumb surgery
This is my non-signature signature.

trashcan maN

Dang...he should be beat up. Thats alpt of carries

ARtillahog

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 17, 2014, 11:20:39 am
Dang...he should be beat up. Thats alpt of carries

Only been a couple of times where a true frosh carried more than 35 times in back-to-back games in the last 10-12 years, I think. SEC speaking, of course.

HVHog

I'm more worried about Brooks Ellis not playing, but you're right about the kicking.

HogHolio

Quote from: The Hogfather on October 17, 2014, 11:16:35 am

I agree with our supposed running game this should be the mentality as well. Unless you are severely behind down and distance I don't see any reason with our average yard per carry to not just pound it and throw a tad when needed. 

OTTER

Quote from: HVHog on October 17, 2014, 11:30:27 am
I'm more worried about Brooks Ellis not playing, but you're right about the kicking.
I'm with you on that.  It has been good seeing linebackers making more tackles than safeties.  It's been a while since that happened.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

The_Iceman

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 17, 2014, 11:15:59 am
You do have a Kicker but Your Coach is so stubborn.

Who, Cole Hedlund?

Inhogswetrust

Good grief. Did you EVER stop to think that maybe our coach goes by what he see's in practice.............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SemperFi

Mizzou is a bad team....they lost to Indiana! Beat a bad USCe team and got thumped in a game that they just didn't show up in. The Hogs have done more despite our record against legit National title contenders than Georgia has done against the frauds in the East. Can we lose this game, absolutely. Do I think that we will, no. This is the game that the Hogs get back into the win column by killing that 0-15 SEC losing streak. Sorry Georgia, but this is not YOUR time, but instead it belongs to the Razorbacks. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

onebadrubi

Partially incorrect and I know you have been apart of threads to prove to you, but you refuse to accept anything doesn't support bashing the coach. 

Arkansas has a great HS kicker on the team.  He is just having issues right now learning how to kick from the ground instead of the Tee.  Ever wonder why kickoffs are off a Tee and they go further....

Trashcan, if it makes you feel better, Skipper hasn't blocked a FD yet this year either.  If it comes down to it I got a feeling he will be in there to block a late FG by georgia.

TheGreatHogsby

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 17, 2014, 11:44:12 am
Good grief. Did you EVER stop to think that maybe our coach goes by what he see's in practice.............................
Hedlund is better than what We have now. Stop hating on Me. Did You get butt hurt yesterday?

TheGreatHogsby

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 17, 2014, 11:51:44 am
I an not against Bielema but Hedlund shoud be our starting Kicker.
BTW, I like what our coach is doing here. Some like Yourself just love to hate Me.

ricepig

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 17, 2014, 11:53:01 am
Hedlund is better than what We have now. Stop hating on Me. Did You get butt hurt yesterday?

Yet he didn't win the job in the fall, troll much?

ARtillahog

Quote from: ricepig on October 17, 2014, 11:54:49 am

Hedlund doesn't win the job in the fall?  Hmm, he should still be the kicker anyways. - TheGreatHogsby

TheGreatHogsby

October 17, 2014, 12:13:48 pm #18 Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 12:32:10 pm by TheGreatHogsby
Quote from: ricepig on October 17, 2014, 11:54:49 am
Than Hedlund is a bust recruit. If He ain't better than what we got now. No I am not a troll. 

ricepig

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 17, 2014, 12:13:48 pm
Than Hedlund is a bust recruit. If He ain't better than what we got now. No I am not a troll.  Mods I want My acct deleted. Hogville is a bunch of Morons.

So, every guy that doesn't win a position their freshman year is a bust, yeah, I don't think there will be any trouble on your request.

TheGreatHogsby

Quote from: ricepig on October 17, 2014, 12:28:00 pm
So, every guy that doesn't win a position their freshman year is a bust, yeah, I don't think there will be any trouble on your request.
Hocker won it His first year. I am not going anywhere.

HawgTide

Your coach????

That and your repeated stupidity tell me all I need to know about you

ricepig

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 17, 2014, 12:31:49 pm
Hocker won it His first year. I am not going anywhere.

And your point is??

Switchback

The good news is that 3 of their 4 RBs are hurt, their 2nd string RB just came from defense this week, their starter is a true frosh who toted it 38x last week, and their QB is less dangerous than Sims and doesnt have near the weapons on the outside.

I dont like the thought of banking on beating LSU AND Mizzou, so I think this is almost a must win to get comfy in bowl hopes

Hogs 28 Dogs 24

I honestly didn't think Chubb looked that great against Missouri.  The GA defense was for real against Missouri, but we bring a whole different skill set to the table. 

We break their will without Gurley and the score is closer than the game will be.

Hogs 28
Puppies 13

Smokehouse

Quote from: HogHolio on October 17, 2014, 11:33:36 am
I agree with our supposed running game this should be the mentality as well. Unless you are severely behind down and distance I don't see any reason with our average yard per carry to not just pound it and throw a tad when needed. 

We haven't seen a lot of the dividends on short rushing situations so far, but I agree that theoretically I'd like to see a team built like the Hogs go for it on 4th down significantly more than the average coach would. If you play with that mentality and call 3rd down plays accordingly it could be big. Just look at the Carolina Panthers last season when Ron Rivera finally figured out that Cam can just fall forward over the line on 4th and short.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

MissippHog

If you're an Arkansas fan......it's OUR coach.
If you're a fan of another school.......it's YOUR coach.

MJ2

The thing that worries me is that we could very well go winless in the SEC again this year even with improvement and how do you keep the recruiting moving forward and the "hope" still in the program after that?

aar0n

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 17, 2014, 02:34:45 pm
You don't overcome a 0-16 SEC record. Bielema will be done.

Facepalm.

That's all I can muster in response to this asinine statement.

TheGreatHogsby

Quote from: aar0n on October 17, 2014, 02:52:09 pm
Facepalm.

That's all I can muster in response to this asinine statement.
It's not  Frank You

Tequilin' Time

are you just wracking up post counts, or do you really believe the garbage you're floating out there today?

The Hogfather

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 17, 2014, 12:54:05 pm
We haven't seen a lot of the dividends on short rushing situations so far, but I agree that theoretically I'd like to see a team built like the Hogs go for it on 4th down significantly more than the average coach would. If you play with that mentality and call 3rd down plays accordingly it could be big. Just look at the Carolina Panthers last season when Ron Rivera finally figured out that Cam can just fall forward over the line on 4th and short.

Exactly.  If you know you have 4 plays, your play calling sequence would likely be different.

Hogfaniam

Serious question: How do you know this?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

North hog

Also, Clucko the Chicken picked us on CFN and has the best record I think.  This may be our weekend!

sowmonella

YOU do have a kicker?? YOUR Coach????Most on this board would have said WE and OUR. Who is your team?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HF#1

Bielema has said out right that Cole needs a year to develop.  He obviously has a leg strength issue.  I trust Bielema on this. If he says Cole needs a year than who am I to argue?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

secneahog

Everyone can see how one idiot can divert a good post.

Hogs win the Rock.
Can't forget what s.carolina did to Uga.

35-21

21 is being generous
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secfan30

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 17, 2014, 12:13:48 pm
Than Hedlund is a bust recruit. If He ain't better than what we got now. No I am not a troll. 

Some people convince me that abortion should not only be legal but encouraged in instances where ignorance is apparent throughout the gene pool.

yraciv

Works for Kevin Kelley.

yraciv

Quote from: HF#1 on October 17, 2014, 04:32:39 pm
Bielema has said out right that Cole needs a year to develop.  He obviously has a leg strength issue.  I trust Bielema on this. If he says Cole needs a year than who am I to argue?

I hardly think it's a leg strength issue.  Maybe a mental issue or accuracy issue that made him not stand out in practice, but I doubt leg strength is the case.  You don't offer kickers that can't kick 45+ yard FG, and I've seen Hedlund put it through the back of end zones and hit 50+ ones.  Maybe he is fighting a minor injury, maybe his leg got fatigued, who really knows.

hehawg

You sir would win an award for hogvilles most ridiculous post!
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

intelligence

Quote from: secfan30 on October 17, 2014, 06:12:33 pm
Some people convince me that abortion should not only be legal but encouraged in instances where ignorance is apparent throughout the gene pool.
Bye bye sports teams

HOGINTENNESSEE

UGA is a good team. Should be a good game hope we can come out on top

Danny J

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 17, 2014, 07:14:08 pm
UGA is a good team. Should be a good game hope we can come out on top
We will.....no worries mate.

Ramtough

I agree the biggest issue may be our kicking game. If this is the 3rd conference game this year we lose due to the kicking game I think that would be worth burning a red shirt.