Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harry on impact of turnovers in last week's SEC games, and the Hogs' troubling 4th quarter fade

Started by WizardofhOgZ, October 17, 2014, 11:12:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/harry-king/king-converting-turnovers-points-key-razorbacks

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

lefty08

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 17, 2014, 09:33:58 pm
Can't handle the truth?
Truth I'm ok with, Harry not so much. I didn't bother reading it. If it's the truth his writing has done a 180 overnight
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Locutus_of_Boar

King makes his points.

That said I think he overlooked a major reason Arkansas is struggling late in games:  Arkansas still does not have enough top notch linemen in depth to sustain the running game against the better SEC defenses.  This was made worse on against Bama by the absence of Ragnow.

One other thing to consider:  Bielema's approach is weighted towards scoring early, not late and it's the lost opportunities in the first half that prevent taking control of the game and forcing the opponent's offense out of their game plan.

The measuring stick will be how often and by how much Arkansas increases leads at half and how many first downs are racked up playing keep away in the 2nd half.  As for the 4th quarter rally that will be needed now and then the hard truth is that may have to wait till we have a little more mobile QB with the arm to get over stacked defense.

In the meantime tomorrow is another opportunity to play CBB's game against an opponent not unlike many his teams pounded in the B1G.