Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brooks Ellis?

Started by ArkRazr, October 17, 2014, 10:15:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkRazr

Any word if he will play or not?

trashcan maN

Coaches playing it close to vest. Williams will see bulk of snaps regardless. Hopefully Ellis can give us 15-20 snaps. He can rest during UAB week.

BB labeled him as 'Questionable'

Robb Smith said he looks fwd to seeing what JW can do. Said JW is excellent against the run.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 17, 2014, 10:46:32 am
Coaches playing it close to vest. Williams will see bulk of snaps regardless. Hopefully Ellis can give us 15-20 snaps. He can rest during UAB week.

Robb Smith said he looks fwd to seeing what JW can do. Said JW is excellent against the run.

That's all we need him to be. Georgia doesn't throw downfield very well, and Spaight can clean up the middle. As long as there's minimal dropoff in run defense we should survive.

lumphog

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 17, 2014, 06:15:15 pm
That's all we need him to be. Georgia doesn't throw downfield very well, and Spaight can clean up the middle. As long as there's minimal dropoff in run defense we should survive.
That's promising to hear....was worried about Ellis missing

ChicoHog

I'm more worried about the defensive calls and everyone being in the right spot.  Ellis is good at that. Hope Williams can do it as well. 

razorbackkid

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 17, 2014, 06:15:15 pm

I love ya 'Chill, but Survive?.....If we win this game we are resurrected from the dead aren't we?  :)

It ain't about survival....it's about having a pulse at this point.   

Edit:  I mean that as it relates to the SEC West....not overall, the Hogs could win the East right now.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: razorbackkid on October 17, 2014, 11:31:12 pm
I love ya 'Chill, but Survive?.....If we win this game we are resurrected from the dead aren't we?  :)

It ain't about survival....it's about having a pulse at this point.   

Edit:  I mean that as it relates to the SEC West....not overall, the Hogs could win the East right now.

Yeah, but we play in the West and 0 and anything much worse than where we are - 15 and the dynamics of our entire existence as a team starts taking a hit. Coaches, national perception, recruiting, team and fan moral will all start getting tested soon... we NEED a victory very badly.. this looks like a great chance to get it done... everybody that can play a snap needs to go, I hope Ellis can do something, he and Spaight are coming together and we are a much better defense when both are playing.

hview

It would certainly be a good time for one of these young LB's to step up.

PorkSoda

who replaces him if he doesn't play.

Do we move Mitchell inside and put ramsey ouside or just move williams up the depth chart.  .
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hawgfan27

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 17, 2014, 10:46:32 am

I agree with this. Probably 75% Williams, 25% Brooks Ellis. Vegas is pretty good at insider information and all I have found listed as being definitely out for this game is Gurley.
Go Hogs Go!

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 18, 2014, 01:58:30 am
who replaces him if he doesn't play.

Do we move Mitchell inside and put ramsey ouside or just move williams up the depth chart.  .

strictly a guess I think we will see willaims and spaight run the MLB.  Spaight might play every snap on D from OLB and MLB.  Might also see mitchell and the freshmen play more snaps than usual. 

SemperFi

Isn't it ironic that this time last year Hogville was debating on whether or not Brooks Ellis was an SEC LB and yet here we are worried about the defense without him.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

rljjr

Quote from: SemperFi on October 18, 2014, 10:00:43 am
Isn't it ironic that this time last year Hogville was debating on whether or not Brooks Ellis was an SEC LB and yet here we are worried about the defense without him.

Indeed. A little patience goes a long way.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: SemperFi on October 18, 2014, 10:00:43 am

I know, right?  Kid was only a true freshman last year and Hogville was disappointed he wasn't an all-SEC linebacker in his first games.  He's now a solid LB and will only improve from here.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

SemperFi

Quote from: The Chief on October 18, 2014, 10:04:16 am
I know, right?  Kid was only a true freshman last year and Hogville was disappointed he wasn't an all-SEC linebacker in his first games.  He's now a solid LB and will only improve from here.

Absolutely! I will go as far as stating that Brooks Ellis will be an All SEC LB before his career is thru. The kid plays hard, smart and has all the tools to be great.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Porked Tongue

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Porked Tongue

Might be two weeks if he's not a lot better for UAB.  Likely won't risk him if they don't think they need him for that game.