Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Per the AJC, UGA Bulldogs will not bring Gurley-gate with them

Started by Doug, October 17, 2014, 09:59:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

Gurley will not be with Bulldogs in Arkansas

QuoteBy Chip Towers (The Atlanta Journal-Constitution)

Athens — The Georgia Bulldogs are scheduled to board buses at 11:45 a.m. today to begin their journey to Little Rock, Ark., and Todd Gurley won’t be with them when they do.

UGA officials on Friday continued to decline comment about the ongoing eligibility issue facing their star tailback. But the NCAA reinstatement process and Georgia’s current place in it makes it evident that Gurley could not be cleared in time to play against Arkansas on Saturday even if it wanted to.
Well, this sucks. If the Hogs beat UGA (and they should), I didn't want to have any excuses from Jawja fans about how they weren't fully staffed with their star players.

Regardless, this bodes well for us. We're pretty well built to stifle the rushing game (See Bama's total rushing yards last week - a school very well known for having a punishing ground and pound attack).
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

AugustaHog

Woo hoo!  I'm not shedding any tears for the dude.  He did this to himself and his team.  Let's help him learn a lesson the hard way boys!

Bacons Rebellion

I don't care if Georgia has excuses or not. They'll play without Gurley; we'll play without Ellis. If we beat them without Gurley it's because they have no depth and are a fragile inferior football team.

PonderinHog

RazorbackRon

Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Dropkick

dynastyhog

Quote from: Doug on October 17, 2014, 09:59:17 am
Well, this sucks. If the Hogs beat UGA (and they should), I didn't want to have any excuses from Jawja fans about how they weren't fully staffed with their star players.

Nah, I'd rather defend a win against an opponent that's not fully "staffed" than lose again.
Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people. - Zig Ziglar.

Pigsknuckles

It's a diversion. He will just fly in later. Pass the tinfoil please.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

PonderinHog

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 17, 2014, 10:22:51 am
He's flying in with a booster.  Oh, the audacity!   >:(

HawgNthaWater

"Listen old man, it's 4th and 1. Either stand up and watch, or just imagine the sh*t like you did during the golden era of radio!"

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

lahawg1

His (Gurley) Heisman hopes are over with now and I really think he sits the rest of the year waiting to get paid in the draft.

GolfnHog

Quote from: dynastyhog on October 17, 2014, 10:16:20 am
Nah, I'd rather defend a win against an opponent that's not fully "staffed" than lose again.

The Razorbacks or Razorback Nation have no reason to defend anything. Gurley and Gurley alone created this and if anyone is looking for sympathy, "they will find it between sh** and syphillis in the dictionary".
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Boarcephus

Quote from: GolfnHog on October 17, 2014, 10:47:05 am
The Razorbacks or Razorback Nation have no reason to defend anything. Gurley and Gurley alone created this and if anyone is looking for sympathy, "they will find it between sh** and syphillis in the dictionary".

LOL!!!
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Pigstie

That's their problem....as the saying goes... "not my monkey, not my circus". We'll probably be playing lite as well.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

cosmodrum

I don't care if every starter on the team got Ebola and we win, we need an SEC win.
Go away, batin'

rickm1976

Quote from: lahawg1 on October 17, 2014, 10:42:56 am
His (Gurley) Heisman hopes are over with now and I really think he sits the rest of the year waiting to get paid in the draft.

He's still got a chance, bless his heart.  Scam Newton, Johnny Football, and J Winston all got their Heisman after similar controversy.  In fact, it looks like lately that having run-ins with the law or the NCAA are a prerequisite for the award, so he can check that off his list.

Pigstie

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 17, 2014, 10:57:18 am
I don't care if every starter on the team got Ebola and we win, we need an SEC win.
Shiite just got real :o
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

rhog1

The only problem I have with it is if Gurley can't play then Winston shouldn't be able to either. Still I am glad we don't have to play Georgia with Gurley. We need a win any way we can get it.

TechHog

The team needs a win worse than we need bragging rights.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 17, 2014, 10:22:51 am
sorry I made my foil hat extra thick
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

gmarv

just white noise makes no difference to me.i,m just worried about our team just wanna whip whoever gets of that ga. bus.go hogs

Hogarusa

I will never follow why there seems to be so many hogvillians who care about the excuses that teams will have if the Hogs happen to beat them.

I would much rather have ended the BCS era with a 1-0 record in the Sugar Bowl than a loss to a full squad of Ohio State.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hogman99

Regardless, this bodes well for us. We're pretty well built to stifle the rushing game (See Bama's total rushing yards last week - a school very well known for having a punishing ground and pound attack).

Who cares what the UGA fans think? This board acts like it is in Jr. High sometimes worrying about what people think.

Calling All Hogs

Gurley should have signed a bunch of autographs for his dad and had his dad sell them without proof of his knowledge. Then he would fall under the Cecil Newton exception.

DeltaHog82

With or without him it should be an interesting game if our D show up the way they did against bama.

hawganatic

Don't really care if they play all the 4th string team the entire game.  We need to get that first SEC win.  Don't care about the conditions.

GlassofSwine

At the end of the year, no one cares who played and who didn't. I remember losing games when we had players out. We are not 100% either. I have no sympathy, we just need a win.

trippigs

Good news.
We didn't create the problem but we may benefit.....just the way things work. Wins under this type of deal don't come with an asterisk or stigma.  I could care less that GA is not at full strength....we are not either.

jcul28

This same "understaffed" team dismantled Mizzou last week. I'll take a win without Gurley there.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Corkscrew Johnson

Don't you worry your pretty little head about excuses.  By the end of the year, no one will remember or care whether Gurley played in our game.  It will be about the W or L.   A year from now, the only thing that will matter is what bowl game we played in.

We play in the SEC.  The 8 teams we play will ALL be ranked at some point in the season.  Take any breaks you can get and don't look back. 

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Locutus_of_Boar

"The NCAA on Thursday evening confirmed that it has yet to receive the investigative report from UGA. Georgia's compliance staff has been overburdened of late as it had to ready for a major infractions hearing in Indianapolis on Wednesday."

Hmmm, that's the best excuse since George Armstrong Custer turned down Gatling Guns because these would impede his pursuit of the Sioux.  ;)

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Oh man..! You need a blueberry breakfast...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 17, 2014, 11:35:44 am
Gurley should have signed a bunch of autographs for his dad and had his dad sell them without proof of his knowledge. Then he would fall under the Cecil Newton exception.
You forget, you have to be an ordain minister to get away with it though.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Mike_e

S crew their fans. They don't play.  Bag their team too, what might have been is a part of life.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

hawgwash

Rzbakfromwaybak

Good.  He broke the rules, he pays the price.  Injuries & suspensions on the opponents team, is their problem.  We can only control what is happening with ours.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

snoblind

My sentiments also. 

Good to see you back, Cosmo.

razorsharptusk

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 17, 2014, 10:14:45 am
I just want an SEC win

This!  And who knows what this team might do with some positive momentum.
GO HOGS!!

jbcarol

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  21 minutes ago
Announcement at War Memorial says "Arkansas is committed to compliance with NCAA rules." So is Georgia, obviously.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  34 minutes ago

Keith Marshall didn't make the trip, which was expected. Other travel roster notes to be posted shortly.

Gurshall left in Athens
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

pigstuff