Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SOLD OUT ?

Started by immahog, October 17, 2014, 06:05:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRHawg

I'm detecting a lack of comprehension between "unsold georgia tickets returned and for sale" and "DURR WHY HAVEN"T THEY SOLD OUT YET,DERP DERP DERP *spit*"

twistitup

According to Bo..left over season package tickets still for sale - 100 ea

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on October 17, 2014, 03:06:07 pm
According to Bo..left over season package tickets still for sale - 100 ea

Yep, still were tickets available on the website around an hour ago, Georgia game only.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: thirtythree on October 17, 2014, 01:02:21 pm
From what I understand the Alabama game didn't sell out until the week of the game as well.

apples and kumquats .........72k vs 52k
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

MAL3

None available right now online...check back

ricepig

Quote from: MAL3 on October 17, 2014, 03:29:59 pm
None available right now online...check back
Correct on the online, however, @ArkRazorbacks Still need tix? The box office here at War Memorial Stadium will stay open until 5 p.m. today. #BeatGeorgia

Piggfoot

it will be jam packed full the seats are only 17" wide. If there are empty seats it will give more room for Bubba's Butts. There will be no blocks of empty seats.
Book it.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Piggfoot

Quote from: ricepig on October 17, 2014, 01:02:45 pm
How's that? Please show your math, with suite prices, the 8000 club level prices, no rent, university gets the concessions, parking, and tailgating, etc.....
Have you considered what it cost the University to operate RRS for a Game?
They don't have that expense in LR. except for the rent.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

thirtythree

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 17, 2014, 03:14:12 pm
apples and kumquats .........72k vs 52k

wait a minute here. you want all the games, then there should be NO issue selling out that great stadium; which it is a great stadium. Be careful what you ask for.........when that stadium doesn't sell out the program will still lose money.

You will have all of those unattractive non con games, and I am just wondering what the excuses will be when it doesn't sell out for those.

ricepig

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 17, 2014, 03:56:46 pm
That's what I thought when you have no answer.

Well, the answer is it's nowhere what they are losing by playing the games in WMS, you think they are cutting them for their health? I didn't think the question was serious, I was giving you more credit than that, my bad.

Oklahawg

Quote from: thirtythree on October 17, 2014, 01:02:21 pm
From what I understand the Alabama game didn't sell out until the week of the game as well.

You are correct. And, with the configuration for overflow students on top of the SEZ it LOOKED like there were empty seats. I am ready for that to be a solution going in a new direction (ie, expansion).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

RazorbackRon

Quote from: thirtythree on October 17, 2014, 04:00:55 pm

wait a minute here. you want all the games, then there should be NO issue selling out that great stadium; which it is a great stadium. Be careful what you ask for.........when that stadium doesn't sell out the program will still lose money.

You will have all of those unattractive non con games, and I am just wondering what the excuses will be when it doesn't sell out for those.

I'm a season ticket at both stadiums and have been for 27 years.  Win or lose I will be there.

I've sat through Crowe, Ford, Nutt and JLS.  It's called being a fan of the program.

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hoglady

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 17, 2014, 10:14:29 am
There is some sort of "standing sellout" - the number of tickets that will be sold to either stadium regardless of how good the Hogs are (or how bad the opponent).

RRS seems to be around 67,000. WMS seems to be dropping into the 48,000 territory. Both are capable of a late push or walk-up sales to push past 70K and 52K, respectfully.

UA (and loyal CentArk fans) have to be concerned over how late this game sold out. Not hating, just noting the reality.

Those 2400 tickets ( that have caused all this worry) were not available to the general public until this week. The Razorback ticket office was holding those tickets initially to be sold in a 3 game package / then they were only being offered to Razorback Foundation members / then they were offered this week to the general public for purchase.
A confusing way to sell tickets.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

thirtythree

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 17, 2014, 04:05:41 pm
I'm a season ticket at both stadiums and have been for 27 years.  Win or lose I will be there.

I've sat through Crowe, Ford, Nutt and JLS.  It's called being a fan of the program.

good for you. I am a huge hog fan as well. Unfortunately, I can not afford to go to every single game. I will be there this weekend sitting on the 50 yard line with my son.

I guarantee you I hurt and cheer as much as any Hog fan does though. This whole GSD is bull ********* and needs to stop. We have a unique tradition and i don't know why we have to conform to others. It is not going to matter one way or the other if 1 game is played in LR or all games played in fayetteville. Just my opinion.

thirtythree

Quote from: hoglady on October 17, 2014, 04:15:36 pm
Those 2400 tickets ( that have caused all this worry) were not available to the general public until this week. The Razorback ticket office was holding those tickets initially to be sold in a 3 game package / then they were only being offered to Razorback Foundation members / then they were offered this week to the general public for purchase.

that is the way I understood it to be as well.

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on October 17, 2014, 04:15:36 pm

So, you know for a fact that they wouldn't sell any of those as single game tickets in the previous weeks? I realize they were trying to sell the SEC package, but I'd be surprised that anyone who wanted to sit there couldn't buy a ticket 3 weeks ago. Anyway, let's get a win and start a winning streak.......

RazorbackRon

Quote from: thirtythree on October 17, 2014, 04:20:30 pm
that is the way I understood it to be as well.

congrats on making it this weekend with your son.   My girls are adults now and are Razorback fans themselves.  All started taking them to the games as children.

WPS

hogfan870

It's to bad all the fans don't go to both venues.  Then there would never be an issue with selling out LR. 

DLUXHOG

Just Win!   Go HOGS!  WPS!!!!!!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Jrankin on October 17, 2014, 10:20:17 am

Summary of Forum-
"It's sold out"
"No there's still tickets left"
"I just called and bought tickets"
"I just called and they said it's sold out"
"I just found two tickets online"
"But it's already sold out"
etc.

yep, it's all cleared up.  Only thing in question, is whether it's sold out or not....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on October 17, 2014, 04:29:42 pm
yep, it's all cleared up.  Only thing in question, is whether it's sold out or not....

what does it matter?  If anyone wants tickets. show up at the game tomorrow.  Between the ticket office and people just selling tickets, everyone that wants a ticket, should be able to get in.

Scott Marshall

RazorbackRon

ricepig

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on October 17, 2014, 04:22:46 pm
So, you know for a fact that they wouldn't sell any of those as single game tickets in the previous weeks? I realize they were trying to sell the SEC package, but I'd be surprised that anyone who wanted to sit there couldn't buy a ticket 3 weeks ago. Anyway, let's get a win and start a winning streak.......

If you were a Razorback Foundation member you could buy them - the general public could not that was my understanding, but who in the heck knows.
They were saying on the radio today that WMS didn't get these final tickets until this morning. So I'm really confused.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hoglady on October 17, 2014, 05:23:11 pm
If you were a Razorback Foundation member you could buy them - the general public could not that was my understanding, but who in the heck knows.
They were saying on the radio today that WMS didn't get these final tickets until this morning. So I'm really confused.

Too close to the game to mail.  So they send them to WMS ticket office to be purchased and obtained in person. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on October 17, 2014, 05:23:11 pm

I don't know how true it is, but the new guy(Freet?) is supposedly doing this, hopefully he doesn't turn us into Miami, haha. It's like last week, it's a sellout, then we have limited tickets, now it's a sellout, oops, we have one last bunch of 100. I guess I don't understand marketing........

Oklahawg

UA didn't want 2400 tickets being sold to UGA fans.

By putting them in packages or requiring a RF donation UA keeps the UGA crowd down for the game.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 17, 2014, 06:38:18 pm
UA didn't want 2400 tickets being sold to UGA fans.

By putting them in packages or requiring a RF donation UA keeps the UGA crowd down for the game.

They already turned back tickets that they sold for $65 in the south end zone.

hogfanssay

I bought two tickets off a Georgia fan that made the trip up. Randomly met him, started talking about the issue with tickets, and he had two that weren't being used. I'm now sitting in the Georgia section, but on the 5th row. Bought two tickets at $65 a piece. Can't beat it!

jesterzzn

I just hate how the athletic department is playing games.

If they are going to pull the games, pull the damn games.

If they are going to extend the contract extend the damn contract.

But if they are going to continue to play games with pricing and packaging and delivering tickets days before a game so they can continue this passive aggressive bullshirt, **** 'em. 

Jeff Long is creating a lot of bad blood.  The blood would be there no matter what he chooses to do with games in WMS, but by pulling all this rinky dink crap with the ticketing he is making a bad situation worse.

ricepig

Quote from: jesterzzn on October 17, 2014, 07:00:47 pm
I just hate how the athletic department is playing games.

If they are going to pull the games, pull the damn games.

If they are going to extend the contract extend the damn contract.

But if they are going to continue to play games with pricing and packaging and delivering tickets days before a game so they can continue this passive aggressive bullshirt, **** 'em. 

Jeff Long is creating a lot of bad blood.  The blood would be there no matter what he chooses to do with games in WMS, but by pulling all this rinky dink crap with the ticketing he is making a bad situation worse.

Well, there was a minimum donation last year of $75 for the two games. They were keeping these tickets for the SEC Mini package, not sure how smart all that worked out.

Ramtough

Quote from: code red on October 17, 2014, 02:56:14 pm
Key ingredient to a sell out is.....WINNING!!! Regardless of location.
If you have to search the archives to figure out the last time you won a conference game then you don't have any right to bitch about not selling out the games whether your a coach, player, fan or whatever.

atekido

They can have there games in NW Arkansas.  lettem.. They need it to brag about something.  They Sure can't brag about producing talent as all our best players tend to come from Little rock and South.

reddogjcss

Can't we all just geat a long and be freinds? Lol lmbo

davidharwood

This Wednesday, after finding out my wife would not have to work this weekend at the hospital, I quickly ordered two tickets from Ticketmonster, to be emailed to me today. But today Ticketmonster calls and informs me they cannot supply the tickets because the seller has "computer problems". Guess I'll watch on tv.
My name has been carved on the UA sidewalks a total of 3 times, and my daughter's twice, but when I stop getting chills from the Alma Mater and the opening of the Hog Pen gates, I'll know it's time to stay home by the fireplace and wait for the new John Sandford novel.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 17, 2014, 03:49:48 pm
Have you considered what it cost the University to operate RRS for a Game?
They don't have that expense in LR. except for the rent.

Seriously? You do not know of what you speak. In LR, the UofA doesn't get any parking or concessions, and lose suite rentals. Geez.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber