Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best way to get tickets for Iowa State?

Started by popcornhog, October 17, 2014, 12:10:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Not much on stubhub right now, but the cheapest lower level tickets are over $600/each.

Anyone know of alternative options?

They don't give away allotments fwiw.
WPS

k.c.hawg

That place has been a hard sell out since the Mayor got it going. Might be easier to get tickets outside the arena with a trade of corn or wheat futures for tickets than trying that high tech stub hub. My best guess is some tickets will hit secondary markets closer to the game but it sure makes planning hard.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

popcornhog

Quote from: k.c.hawg on October 17, 2014, 05:59:27 am
That place has been a hard sell out since the Mayor got it going. Might be easier to get tickets outside the arena with a trade of corn or wheat futures for tickets than trying that high tech stub hub. My best guess is some tickets will hit secondary markets closer to the game but it sure makes planning hard.

Yeah I've already booked the hotel and made arrangements to be working in Ames the next morning. I'll pay whatever I have to pay because it may be the only hoops game I can make this year, but $600?!?!

Surely I can get into the lower level for $100-$150, right?
WPS

Hawg Red

WorfHog

Arazorbackguy1

Best way I've found to get tickets is to buy them. All other ways are just luck.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

popcornhog

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 17, 2014, 09:01:24 am
$600 a pop?

Holy moly.

Granted those are on the sideline on the 1st row, but still.

The crazy thing is that those are the only two tickets for sale in the lower level.
WPS

mhuff

Get yourself a black jack....it's cheaper.  ;)

Cemar_Clone

Tickets for general public went on sale this morning at 8 AM.  9 Games sold out by 8:45 including Arkansas.  Go to Stub Hub, and you can probably get in the upper deck for 125-200.  The lower bowl will cost 400-600.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: Cemar_Clone on October 22, 2014, 01:38:58 pm
Tickets for general public went on sale this morning at 8 AM.  9 Games sold out by 8:45 including Arkansas.  Go to Stub Hub, and you can probably get in the upper deck for 125-200.  The lower bowl will cost 400-600.

What the hell, Iowa St basketball isn't that good.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

popcornhog

Quote from: PorkerOinker on October 22, 2014, 03:40:06 pm

There's a guy on the ISU board that has lower level seats in the corner around row 20 who offered me his four seats for $1200.

I'm sort of considering it, but there is a pair of tickets on the 1st row (sideline) or $414. That's the best value I've seen.

ISU has a pretty rabid hoops fan base. The whole stadium is essentially sold out to season ticket holders but for a few scattered seats. The remaining seats went on sale this morning. I got through around 9:30 and it was sold out completely. Not even the scattered single seat is unsold.

Tough call.
WPS

k.c.hawg

Quote from: popcornhog on October 22, 2014, 06:27:52 pm
There's a guy on the ISU board that has lower level seats in the corner around row 20 who offered me his four seats for $1200.

I'm sort of considering it, but there is a pair of tickets on the 1st row (sideline) or $414. That's the best value I've seen.

ISU has a pretty rabid hoops fan base. The whole stadium is essentially sold out to season ticket holders but for a few scattered seats. The remaining seats went on sale this morning. I got through around 9:30 and it was sold out completely. Not even the scattered single seat is unsold.

Tough call.

There are quite a few uppers for $80-$85 on line. I'm not much on sitting upstairs though. $400-$600 for an early season game plus drive and hotel is probably more than I will want to do at this point. As game time nears I will make no promises.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

popcornhog

Quote from: k.c.hawg on October 24, 2014, 05:52:14 am
There are quite a few uppers for $80-$85 on line. I'm not much on sitting upstairs though. $400-$600 for an early season game plus drive and hotel is probably more than I will want to do at this point. As game time nears I will make no promises.

I went ahead and snagged the floor seats. Because I scheduled meetings on Friday in Ames I'll be able to expense the hotel and gas.

Looking forward to it.
WPS

cy4prez7

Quote from: PorkerOinker on October 22, 2014, 03:40:06 pm

I wouldn't say we're world beaters, but we finished 9th last year and should start the season ranked top 15. Iowa State is a very loyal fanbase and The Mayor (Hoiberg) has brought back the Magic and the excitement level is as high as it's been in almost 15 years.