Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would a win change anyone's stance on the GSD?

Started by hogz11, October 16, 2014, 08:47:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogz11

October 16, 2014, 08:47:00 pm Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:26:27 pm by hogz11
I personally grew up in LR and still live in central Arkansas today. I was in the LR school district from K-12. But I am as pro all home games on campus as they come. That being said, the football program is as in need of a win as they ever have been.

If that streak comes to an end Saturday in WMS against a quality opponent (Gurley or not) will anyone's stance be swayed? I won't change completely but it sure will make me think a bit about it.

thirtythree

Dr. Starcs

No, just as another inevitable clock malfunction at wms won't matter to the wms supporters.

Chief Mac

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Uncommon

It won't because we don't get to keep all the revenue from the game and we can't host official visitors due to the campus being up in Fayetteville.

Having an elite college football program requires money and getting the best players.  Having games at War Memorial helps neither.

HogDaddy

Fayettechill14

I remember in the early-to-mid 2000s (like 2000-2004 or so) there was a positive attitude around WMS. I think most people thought it was much louder than RRS. Then we lost to LSU 43-14 in 2004, then Gus was hired, then Nutt was fired, and people changed their opinion and turned it into a NWA vs. LR debate.

I think beating Georgia does at least some good to change that. Especially if its a memorable game.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 16, 2014, 09:02:36 pm
I remember in the early-to-mid 2000s (like 2000-2004 or so) there was a positive attitude around WMS. I think most people thought it was much louder than RRS. Then we lost to LSU 43-14 in 2004, then Gus was hired, then Nutt was fired, and people changed their opinion and turned it into a NWA vs. LR debate.

I think beating Georgia does at least some good to change that. Especially if its a memorable game.

Let's win first.

Sed76

People have already made up their mind one way or the other. Nothing that is said or done is going to be changing those opinions which is why it's stupid to constantly argue about it on here. 

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Yes, I would change my stance from sitting in my recliner to getting up and high fiving my son.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

LZH

No.  It would only drag out the obvious....

Get the Razorback program's PTB and the movers and shakers from LR's construction and finance community in the same room with an abundance of liquor and naked gals spinning around stripper poles.  Then force them to figure out what it would take to make a long-term deal, find the money and a place to build a new LR stadium, and sign it with a sharpie on the butt of a Brazilian hooker with ample room for additional addendums....if you catch my drift.

Done deal.  I just solved the whole thing right there.

HiggiePiggy

Nope.  I'm still for getting rid of our away games( any game played in little rock) and putting them where they belong. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: LZH on October 16, 2014, 09:15:15 pm
No.  It would only drag out the obvious....

Get the Razorback program's PTB and the movers and shakers from LR's construction and finance community in the same room with an abundance of liquor and naked gals spinning around stripper poles.  Then force them to figure out what it would take to make a long-term deal, find the money and a place to build a new LR stadium, and sign it with a sharpie on the butt of a Brazilian hooker with ample room for additional addendums....if you catch my drift.

Done deal.  I just solved the whole thing right there.

If I piss you off in the future it may very well be just so we can settle our differences...   ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

JaketheSnake

The stadium has nothing to do with why we win or not this Saturday. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 16, 2014, 09:15:18 pm
Nope.  I'm still for getting rid of our away games( any game played in little rock) and putting them where they belong. 

The ongoing debate is not caused by the location where games are played.. It's caused by ass clowns like yourself who will use any and all aggravating, inflammatory or other wise derogatory term to troll. I would love to see you discuss this face to face with some of the people with differing opinions. I bet your word choices would be a lot less trollish...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

TheGreatHogsby

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 16, 2014, 09:15:18 pm
Gotta include the SWC Game too.

DLUXHOG

No.... but WMS can take yet another great game to their history....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ShaneHog

twistitup

A win plus a new stadium....then we'll talk

Maybe
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DLUXHOG

Quote from: ShaneHog on October 16, 2014, 09:28:51 pm
All games should be played on campus!

Simple.... yet so difficult for soooo many to grasp...

TheGreatHogsby

hehawg

And here we go again ..wasting bandwidth on it. I say make a discussion solely for this
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

M L (bassplayer)

I go to all home games, Fay. and LR and it is not easy or cheap from central Ark to Fayetteville. What I have a hard time with are my Fayetteville friends/fans that aren't coming down to this game because it's a hassle for them. Some sold tickets on stubhub for a profit and are staying home in NWA.
Seriously? That is weak.
Gonna be a great day for football in one of my all-time favorite environments.
  :razorback:

DLUXHOG

Quote from: M L (bassplayer) on October 16, 2014, 09:36:00 pm
I go to all home games, Fay. and LR and it is not easy or cheap from central Ark to Fayetteville. What I have a hard time with are my Fayetteville friends/fans that aren't coming down to this game because it's a hassle for them. Some sold tickets on stubhub for a profit and are staying home in NWA.
Seriously? That is weak.
Gonna be a great day for football in one of my all-time favorite environments.
:razorback:

Only a crime if they sold them to GA fans....

M L (bassplayer)

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on October 16, 2014, 09:21:56 pm
The ongoing debate is not caused by the location where games are played.. It's caused by ass clowns like yourself who will use any and all aggravating, inflammatory or other wise derogatory term to troll. I would love to see you discuss this face to face with some of the people with differing opinions. I bet your word choices would be a lot less trollish...

How about being mature and not responding with rudeness.  NWA is the home of the razorbacks.  It's almost a 4 hour drive to little rock.  That to me is a road game.  No home game should have to travel 4 hours to play on their "home" field. 

This thread is about waste management stadium  so yes it's a place that needs to finally go away. 

This is a message board and I would discuss it with anyone and have.  I stand by my words and the games that are played in little rock should not be played there.

And again how about respond with maturity instead of your previous post.   

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

TheGreatHogsby

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 16, 2014, 09:50:38 pm
How about being mature and not responding with rudeness.  NWA is the home of the razorbacks.  It's almost a 4 hour drive to little rock.  That to me is a road game.  No home game should have to travel 4 hours to play on their "home" field. 

This thread is about waste management stadium  so yes it's a place that needs to finally go away. 

This is a message board and I would discuss it with anyone and have.  I stand by my words and the games that are played in little rock should not be played there.

I won't call the Stadium what You called it, I don't like the stadium either.

RazorbackRon

Not a WMS fan but LR to Fayetteville is 2 hrs and 45 mins now.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Melorock089

It's not a LR vs NWA debate.

It's a WMS debate.

hoghart

I think Arkansas is going to curb stomp Georgia, but that really has nothing to do with playing in WMS.

Maybe selling out the stadium would help calm the discussion.
We have heard for years how "rabid" Central Arkansas fans are.  Well, let's see evidence of that in ticket sales.
"It is better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it."
Abraham Lincoln

Großer Kriegschwein

Waste Management Stadium?

Slamming a monument to WWII vets is a good way to get your point across.
This is my non-signature signature.

clew

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 16, 2014, 09:56:52 pm
Not a WMS fan but LR to Fayetteville is 2 hrs and 45 mins now.
I was thinking that sounded a bit old-mannish. I regularly made the drive in 3:05 from White Hall pre 540/49. I could probably still drive the Pig Trail with my eyes closed.
Pure as the dawn

LZH

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on October 16, 2014, 09:18:01 pm
If I piss you off in the future it may very well be just so we can settle our differences...   ;)

Ha!  I bet we could work it out in no time!

Smokehouse

Not unless the SEC decides to start paying large sums of money for conference wins. Little Rock isn't worth it.

Getting rid of WMS games and turning the SWC into a marquee out-of-conference opponent would be ideal. All home SEC games on campus and a showcase in Texas/national television.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 16, 2014, 10:03:13 pm
Waste Management Stadium?

Slamming a monument to WWII vets is a good way to get your point across.

You do realize that there used to be a WASTE MANAGEMENT logo there right?  Quit twisting things and trying to say I am slamming vets.   

It's a crap stadium and it needs to go. 

Fayettechill14

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 16, 2014, 10:44:55 pm
You do realize that there used to be a WASTE MANAGEMENT logo there right?  Quit twisting things and trying to say I am slamming vets.   

It wasn't actually a Waste Management logo. It was a WM logo for War Memorial Stadium. Let's not take a joke as reality.

thirtythree

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 16, 2014, 10:44:55 pm

doesn't matter what logo was on the field. It doesn't change the fact that the stadium is what it is; a monument to the vets.

Torqued pork

Quote from: thirtythree on October 17, 2014, 12:30:02 am
doesn't matter what logo was on the field. It doesn't change the fact that the stadium is what it is; a monument to the vets.
And I'm sure you have reminded every intoxicated fan you've seen there that it's disrespectful to get drunk at such a monument, correct?

Hog N Bama

No. All games should be played in Fayetteville, the home of the University of Arkansas. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

JoeHawg

Once a Hog Always a Hog

rzrbaxfan

sigpooie

Don't really care if they move them, but an Ark ASU game to open or early in the season would rock the place. Maybe it's time to step up and give our little brothers some props without acting like a scared child about playing them. It is also time for Stephens, Dillards and a few others to step up an make WMS a nicer place for any level football.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

BorderPatrol

Quote from: sigpooie on October 17, 2014, 07:12:10 am
Don't really care if they move them, but an Ark ASU game to open or early in the season would rock the place. Maybe it's time to step up and give our little brothers some props without acting like a scared child about playing them. It is also time for Stephens, Dillards and a few others to step up an make WMS a nicer place for any level football.

If we are going to play ASU, we should do it in Fayetteville.

bp

Kevin

It is not a problem for vol fans from Memphis who drive to Knoxville on Saturdays to watch them play, and don't grip about if

Watch a Nebraska game and read all the sign about where their fans travel from.

Amazing how soft our fan base is.

If being centrally located is important, then move the main campus down there, and start building over.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rickm1976

There is one aspect of this debate that I have not heard specifically mentioned, and I'm not taking sides.  I'm still on the fence.  The Razorbacks are pretty unique among major schools.  They are, and have always been the only major program in the state (sorry ASU). They represent every Arkansan from border to border, unlike just about every other state except Nebraska, etc.  Having them play one or two home games in central Arkansas only helps reinforce this concept and tradition of "One state, one school".

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 16, 2014, 09:02:36 pm

The only legit basis for having a debate is the competitive advantage or disadvantage of the sites.

Here is the record of SEC games in WMS by opponent:

Miss State 6-1-1
LSU 5-4
South Carolina 3-1

Auburn 1-0
Kentucky 1-0
Vanderbilt 1-0

Alabama 0-2
Ole Miss 0-1
Tennessee 0-2

Georgia 1-0 hopefully

No SEC games:  Florida, A&M, Mizzou

Playing at WMS does seem to be a competitive advantage when facing LSU, much the way the 6-10 record vs. Texas at WMS was much better than in RRS.  Even that is suspect though because it may have been more the effect of playing a road day game on Black Friday that made the situation unique.

Exclude Texas and LSU games though and most of what's left since joining the SEC is wins over teams that you would have expected Arkansas to do well against in RRS,

Every other meaningful advantage comes with playing in the bigger, more modern stadium.

What Jeff Long should do is announce they will play the 2021 Texas game in WMS then immediately after Hog fans tear down the goalposts in celebration of victory and cart them off down Markham...warm up the bulldozers and level the place.