Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Allen gives captain spot to Spaight

Started by Fayettechill14, October 16, 2014, 07:18:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fayettechill14

Spaight is playing in his final game in his home city of Little Rock, so he'll be a captain this week instead of Brandon Allen. Very nice move.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 16, 2014, 07:18:18 pm
Spaight is playing in his final game in his home city of Little Rock, so he'll be a captain this week instead of Brandon Allen. Very nice move.

Classy move by a Leader.
Go Hogs Go!

HoggusMaximus

twistitup

B Allen is uncommon- no doubt about it.

I knew it before now, this just reinforces my thinking
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Bahahaha11

texas tush hog

Quote from: twistitup on October 16, 2014, 07:23:22 pm

Quote from: twistitup on October 16, 2014, 07:23:22 pm

Bobby and Marcela are first class individuals and have passed it on to Brandon,Austin, Daniela and Christian. Brandon showed his class back when his truck was torched. A lesser person would have disintegrated, but Brandon showed his class then as well.

hoglady

Great move by Brandon.
I just love Spaight - one of those kids who always dreamed of being Razorback and found a way to make it happen.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Mike_e

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Junkyard Hog

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

MS_HogFan

He deserves it. Most improved player on our team.

SOOIE

ricepig

Quote from: MS_HogFan on October 16, 2014, 08:15:23 pm
He deserves it. Most improved player on our team.

Yep, as Bielema said, sure do wish we could have redsirted him last year.

bphi11ips

Gotta love the way Brandon Allen handles his team and himself.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

1highhog

I hope several of Georgia's players get spaighted this weekend.

immahog

this may be the first time we have had a thread on BA and every post was positive ...BA takes a lot of heat some of it he does NOT deserve
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Inhogswetrust

Too bad some posters on here can't be that classy towards our players..............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hollywood_HOGan45

awsome move. Not alot of players would do that.

lefty08

Awesome move by BA. And spaight deserves it as well, the kid put in extra work just to be a Hog, when he had many other opportunities.  Proud of both these guys.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

The_Iceman

Quote from: ricepig on October 16, 2014, 08:18:47 pm
Yep, as Bielema said, sure do wish we could have redsirted him last year.

I feel like we end up saying that about most JUCO transfers.

ShadowTheHedgehog

I thought Spaight was a Junior, dang it he will be missed next year.

Hawgndaaz

Heard Spaight on the Bielema show last night. He said it brought a tear to his eye when Brandon approached him about this. Bielema also talked about the recruiting of him and Hunter Henry.

Henry was the first recruit Bielema talked to as our coach. He said he called him 5 minutes after he left his introductory press conference. He was also his first in-home visit as coach.

Spaight's story was cool. He basically had to stay in his JUCO for another semester to qualify for a transfer to Arkansas. He could have enrolled at K-State at semester but wanted to be a hog so bad he stayed in school for 3 more classes before moving on.

in state kids are a big deal

SemperFi

That's the definition of leadership. Putting your team ahead of yourself. Great move by a solid young man. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Jig and Pig

Very strong move. They both deserve a stand out game. Hope it's in the Rock.

Elvis P Hogg

This is a very encouraging read on the team's frame of mind and their unity,especially between the offense and defense.  :razorback: :razorback:

DeltaHog82

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Tequilin' Time

Brandon showing leadership and awareness of the situation!  Good job BA!

Spaight, you deserve it!!
Can't wait to see you introduce yourself to the young Chubb!

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

BorderPatrol

This is BA's team, and he is doing a fine job in his role.

bp

hogs5204

It's great that the 'team' will be lifted by Brandon's leadership action.  Go hogs!

GolfnHog

Anyone that wants to doubt the team leadership and chemistry that exists w/ this group of Hogs is gonna be hard pressed to make a case.

A class act by a classy leader that recognizes the importance of his teammates. #priceless
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Hawgzinbowlz

It's in Brandon's DNA. It's who he is.

" GO HOGS "

lumphog

"THIS" is why....CBB is building a WINNER!!!! If it keeps on rainin, Levee's gonna BREAK!!!!

cpohog

FORTVEGAS

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

nchogg

Quote from: 1highhog on October 17, 2014, 07:37:29 am
I hope several of Georgia's players get spaighted this weekend.
I am with you.

SquidBilly

Awesome move.  Hope the entire team is motivated by it and heads to the Rock to get a big W.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG