Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Georgia calling Arkansas' offense one-dimensional

Started by Fayettechill14, October 16, 2014, 06:58:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

If you break it down by SEC games, Nichollas State game really throws stats out of whack, it looks like this.  Note UGA has played 4 conference games to our 3.

54-98  620  4-2
65-92  609  6-3

Hogopotamus

Quote from: Hogwild on October 17, 2014, 10:02:59 am
If you break it down by SEC games, Nichollas State game really throws stats out of whack, it looks like this.  Note UGA has played 4 conference games to our 3.

54-98  620  4-2
65-92  609  6-3

It as also important to note: Arkansas' 3 conf opponents are currently ranked 6, 21, 7 while Georgia's are ranked NR, NR, NR, NR and they are 3-1 in those games. They did beat Clemson who is currently ranked 24th.

JayBell

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 17, 2014, 09:11:35 amThe offense has averaged 18 points per game in conference. that's hardly dynamic

The word, "dynamic," also has nothing to do with the amount of points scored.  A dynamic offense can score in a number of different ways.  Like I said in my original post, "When Allen and his receivers are on-point, Arkansas' offense is about as dynamic as anyone in the SEC this year."

That's because Arkansas can run it right up the middle or break for long runs with Williams, Collins and Marshall.  They have also scored on passing plays to receivers, tight ends and should have scored last week with a fullback on a pass play.

Allen had his worst game of the season last Saturday.  His receivers didn't have a great game, but even when they were open, Allen couldn't find them.  That makes it more difficult for other areas of the offense to succeed, therefore making it less dynamic.

PonderinHog

That's the thing about dynamics.  They're constantly changing...

Pigstie

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 17, 2014, 05:50:24 am
I have an even better question. Has the running game beat an sec team yet?
You can be a smart ass all you want.... but at least the running game has shown to be a proven commodity,  the passing game hasn't....and you know this. The only power 5 win was won with our running game. You know this as well.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

SemperFi

Arkansas and Georgia are not that far apart when it comes to offensive output, however when you consider who they've played and how Georgia got to where they are with regards to schedule it's obvious that the Hogs have had the tougher road. Clemson is the only team in today's Top 25, with USC-e and Mizzou being frauds. The Hogs three losses have come at the hands of #6 Auburn, #7 Bama and #21 aTm and as we all painfully know the Hogs were better than Bama and aTm. The UGA fans calling our offense one dimensional are as stupid and ill informed as they come. As of today Georgia has the #112th ranked passing offense and the #12th ranked rushing offense. Arkansas is ranked #107th in passing and has the #11 ranked rushing attack. We've accomplished this against tougher defenses and more high powered offenses. Georgia, although has some talent, isn't a contender in the National picture, but should win a very weak East. Does anyone doubt that this Arkansas team wouldn't win the East themselves?

The Hogs will dominate this game from start to finish.

Hogs 27
Pretenders from the East 17
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

JayBell

Hogwild

Quote from: Hogopotamus on October 17, 2014, 10:47:24 am
It as also important to note: Arkansas' 3 conf opponents are currently ranked 6, 21, 7 while Georgia's are ranked NR, NR, NR, NR and they are 3-1 in those games. They did beat Clemson who is currently ranked 24th.

I don't think anyone could argue that our schedule has been harder than UGA's.  But when looking at the current rankings you have to keep in mind that we lost our 3 SEC games while they won 3. 

What I mean by that if we had beaten A&M they wouldn't be ranked, Bama & Auburn with two losses instead of one wouldn't be in the top 15.  Conversely had UGA lost their games  Mizzou they would be ranked, or in Clemson's case higher.

Atlhogfan1

We were no dimensional by the 4th qtr of the Bama game. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Chuck Beavers

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 16, 2014, 06:58:59 pm
Mason has a higher completion percentage, but that's really it.

Mason has 3 SEC wins this year. Give him that.

Illinihog

Living here in Georgia, most knowledgeable Dawg fans know they are in for a fight.  It's when you get into the fringe fans on the message boards(we have a few here as well) that think we aren't any good and one dimensional.

PORKULATOR

We've got 5 more running plays and the exact number of pass plays according to a stat i saw earlier, so we're like .05% likelier to run than them.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Pig In The City

I would say that is not far from the truth. We haven't pulled the passing game and running game together yet. Maybe this is the week. What I do know is that I love watching this team play. 

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Wow I'm optimistic about improvements I have seen, but all this will be blowing them out by 4th qtr talk is insane. It could happen, but odds are better that they will be up two scores heading into the 4th.
Let's make some waves.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 17, 2014, 08:27:08 pm
Wow I'm optimistic about improvements I have seen, but all this will be blowing them out by 4th qtr talk is insane. It could happen, but odds are better that they will be up two scores heading into the 4th.
Really_ We were up on Bama at half. Tied with Auburb at half. And up on a&m 14 late. All 3 are better than Georgia. I dont see them up on us going to the 4th. It they win, it happens in the 4th.

lefty08

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 17, 2014, 08:27:08 pm

Like all the other top 10 teams we played so far?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

MCheisman

The streak MUST end tomorrow and I believe it will! This is the game I've been eyeing since before the season started. Everything is in line for us from the weather, the location of the game and the hunger these players must have for a SEC win. It's time to do this and I think it will happen in a BIG WAY. I don't expect it will go down to the wire. Fans have been patient, coaches have been patient as well as the players but tomorrow we will see this thing come together and it will even have some of the biggest Bielema haters reconsidering their stance. This will be an SEC atmosphere to the max tomorrow and I expect the fans to be in at every step of the way. Enough is enough, it's time to make it over the HUMP!!!

StuartDavin

Quote from: VirginiaHog on October 17, 2014, 08:50:32 pm
Really_ We were up on Bama at half. Tied with Auburb at half. And up on a&m 14 late. All 3 are better than Georgia. I dont see them up on us going to the 4th. It they win, it happens in the 4th.

I think he's saying if either team is up by 2 scores going into the 4th..it's more likely to be Georgia. Not that he's expecting it. That's how I read it anyway.

razorbackkid

Being one dimensional ain't bad when that one dimension is all you need.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

arlhog

Every team that has beat us this year has loaded up the box to take away the run and forced us to throw the ball.  We haven't been able to do it when it counted yet.   Hope I can't say that  in 24 hours.  Would love to see a win any way we can get it and I actually think we will pull one out. 

razorbackkid

Quote from: arlhog on October 17, 2014, 11:47:50 pm
Every team that has beat us this year has loaded up the box to take away the run and forced us to throw the ball.  We haven't been able to do it when it counted yet.   Hope I can't say that  in 24 hours.  Would love to see a win any way we can get it and I actually think we will pull one out. 
Gotta be as physical in the fourth quarter as we are in the first and second....against quality opponents we have not done that yet.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Quote from: VirginiaHog on October 17, 2014, 08:50:32 pm

Oh I'm not saying it will happen, and we are talking 4th qtr not halftime scores.

I actually am much more worried about Georgia than I was Aggies.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: lefty08 on October 17, 2014, 09:38:34 pm
Like all the other top 10 teams we played so far?

Oh I hope we are up, but not what my guy tells me
Will happen.
Let's make some waves.

lefty08

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 18, 2014, 08:03:48 am

Will happen.

Well if it's a prediction I get it. I took u saying" much more likely" differently.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Quote from: lefty08 on October 18, 2014, 08:24:04 am
Well if it's a prediction I get it. I took u saying" much more likely" differently.

Well I just have a bad feeling that Georgia may score a lot today.
Let's make some waves.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 18, 2014, 08:03:48 am

Will happen.
Tell 'your guy', that you wanna breakup cause he's wrong. Haaa
Wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Let's make some waves.

PonderinHog

farmhawg

Quote from: Pigstie on October 16, 2014, 10:57:35 pm
Against good teams we are one dimensional.  Has the passing game beat an sec team yet?
That is the problem with stats....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PonderinHog

Quote from: razorbackkid on October 17, 2014, 11:43:27 pm
Being one dimensional ain't bad when that one dimension is all you need.
If that one dimension is north - south we should be all right.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Mike_e on October 16, 2014, 08:00:55 pm
A Mack truck seems one dimensional if you're looking at the front end approaching you at 70+ miles an hour.
Excellent analogy. So true, so true.......