Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Darius Philon.

Started by HogMantheIntruder, October 16, 2014, 03:17:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMantheIntruder

Anybody know what's going on with his injury?  I know CBB said after the game that he thought he would be okay, but I haven't heard anything since.  It would be a huge blow not to have him against UGA.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

GaryHog

Make America Great Again!!!!!!!

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 16, 2014, 03:21:32 pm
I think He is 2nd string right now.
Really?  Where did you hear this?  If that's the case then he must be dinged up.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

jbcarol

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  21 hours ago

SEC slant: Midseason's underrated players http://es.pn/1wdlnye

QuoteDL: Darius Philon, Arkansas
There are a lot of reasons why Arkansas is a better football team this season. The running game is obviously one of them. But the play on the defensive line, and the continued improvement of Philon, is another. Philon has an impressive 7.5 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks this season.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

AugustaHog

He gets upfield better than any interior lineman we have had in awhile.  I think he's probably the biggest difference maker in there since Malcolm Sheppard.  His upside and where he is going will be way higher than Malcolm's though.  We can't afford to lose him this week.  If he's full go or even close to it, we will have success in UGA's backfield. 

jbcarol

Tebow on SEC Nation with passion: An SEC coach told me this week that Darius Philon is the single most disruptive defensive lineman in the SEC.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

alohawg

We all see hog players with our hog colored glasses over the years and think we know which ones will be successful at the next level. There are two on this defense that are locks in my view, Darius is one.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Doyle Hograves

I saw him at the NWA Mall on Sunday. He told me he was fine, though he was wearing  brace on his lower leg.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

TheRazorbackGuy

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: jbcarol on October 18, 2014, 10:37:20 am
Tebow on SEC Nation with passion: An SEC coach told me this week that Darius Philon is the single most disruptive defensive lineman in the SEC.
Just think Philon was Alabama's 26th recruit that year, the guy who was culled.
Totally agree on his ability.
It just says a lot about the two programs. A guy that good is getting culled in a class of theirs. But they probably wish they culled someone else right now.

wikipedia brown

Quote from: alohawg on October 18, 2014, 10:45:30 am
We all see hog players with our hog colored glasses over the years and think we know which ones will be successful at the next level. There are two on this defense that are locks in my view, Darius is one.

Trey being the other for sure. There could be several by the time these guys get more time in smith's system.

jbcarol

Steef

Thank you, Nick!

Just for being you.

aar0n

Quote from: alohawg on October 18, 2014, 10:45:30 am

I know the other you're referring to is Flowers and I certainly agree.  I think Mitchel will get a lot of looks as well but won't be nearly as high on the draft list.  Maybe Spaight as well, but I could see him being an undrafted FA that latches on with a team and makes it up the depth chart over time.

trashcan maN

Tebow said a defensive coach in the SEC said Philon was the most disruptive interior lineman in the SEC.

Wow.