Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EXFL

Started by yraciv, October 16, 2014, 12:29:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yraciv

Any of you guys heard about this?  The Fall Experimental Football League kicked off their season last night.  The inaugural game was on ESPN 3 last week, and they are now through the 2nd week of the season.

Unique Rules:
-Extra points will be attempted from the 17-yard line, as opposed to the 2- and 3-yard lines at other levels of the game. (The NFL experimented with a similar rule in its 2014 preseason with a 20-yard extra point.)
-Kickoffs will be administered from the kicking team's 25-yard line, as opposed to the 35-yard line used in college and the NFL. In addition, eight players on the receiving team must line up between the kicking team's 35-yard and 45-yard line. Once a kickoff passes the 45 yard line, fielding rules become similar to punts in that the kicking team will not be allowed to recover and regain possession.
-Field goals must be attempted from outside the hash marks.
-Players do not have their names on the back of their jerseys.

Of course this is bound to fail, but got to say I like the added emphasis on the kickoff game.  Players of note, Julian Horton was playing for Boston last night. Alonzo Highsmith and Jericho Nelson are playing for Omaha, which is quarterbacked by Jordan Jefferson.

yraciv

Here is the website. http://www.fxfl.com/

My initial thought is they are through week 2, and don't have the scores posted from last night.  Plus I can't even see stats for the game last week.  These seem like simple things that all kind of startup leagues screw up, that should be simple things to do.