Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dre Greenlaw just DeCommitted( from A ST)

Started by Blutoblutarsky, October 15, 2014, 09:17:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blutoblutarsky

October 15, 2014, 09:17:55 pm Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:55:25 pm by Porked Tongue
From the wolves

Blutoblutarsky

@ArRecruitingGuy: Fayetteville LB-S @DreGreenlaw has tweeted that he has decommitted from Arkansas State.

PorkRinds

TarHeelsFan45

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Porked Tongue

trashcan maN

I just watched his hudl video...holy crap...what took so long??

HogFoo

Well he did lose to Ogrady in NCAA football and lost the bet. So welcome aboard !
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

greenie

dumbdude479

Adam Stokes

That's what he gets for making bets over video games.

BrianWPS!!

Quote from: Adam Stokes on October 15, 2014, 11:46:50 pm
That's what he gets for making bets over video games.

Honors his word.
Good man  :)

SemperFi

Sure sounds like he's a Hog. Was very impressed with his highlight video and from all the praise that I've read on here it appears that, should he commit, we are getting another outstanding football player.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

immahog

Quote from: HogFoo on October 15, 2014, 10:55:36 pm
Well he did lose to Ogrady in NCAA football and lost the bet. So welcome aboard !

lol can you imagine the heat o'grady would have taken if he lost the bet then decommitted from us ....would of been ran out of nwa
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

secneahog

He was going to be a hog regardless of the bet.....
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Amityvillehogger

Per Richard

Georgia just offered Dre.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Scott7703

Will be another great pickup on the defensive side of the ball.

The_Iceman

Dre is a great redshirt candidate. Bring him in, let Herbert and Shannon work with him for a year, and he will look like an SEC OLB by his RS Freshman year.

HogFoo

Quote from: immahog on October 16, 2014, 06:20:24 am
lol can you imagine the heat o'grady would have taken if he lost the bet then decommitted from us ....would of been ran out of nwa
yeah I know. Haha. But I don't really think the bet had anything to do with it. It was just all I fun. I figure Dre was just waiting on his offer to come.  Wasn't he just now offered on Thursday for the first time. Then decommits? I was thinking that's his first actual offer from the hogs. Regardless I think it'll be a good fit.  Isn't he projected to be LB. An area of great need.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

yraciv

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on October 16, 2014, 08:54:56 am
Per Richard

Georgia just offered Dre.

Interesting twist.  I don't think it means much and this kid is all Hog, but it's nice to see him get some other big offers.

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 16, 2014, 08:58:56 am
Dre is a great redshirt candidate. Bring him in, let Herbert and Shannon work with him for a year, and he will look like an SEC OLB by his RS Freshman year.

Wouldn't be too surprised if he plays next year. Mainly because we only have 5 LB's returning. And also because usually kids that get late BCS level offers play early. i.e. Korliss Marshall, Josh Liddell.

DeltaHog82

greenie

Per Twitter:
Danny West ‏@DannyWest1 
Fayetteville's @DreGreenlaw is now hearing from #OhioState. Was offered by #Georgia this morning. #Hogs offered last Thursday.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: greenie on October 16, 2014, 11:12:06 am
Per Twitter:
Danny West ‏@DannyWest1 
Fayetteville's @DreGreenlaw is now hearing from #OhioState. Was offered by #Georgia this morning. #Hogs offered last Thursday.

Wow.  That's blowing up. 

The_Iceman

Wow, when was the last time we got a Linebacker with offers from Georgia and Ohio State?

This could end up being a huge pickup. Dre has really blossomed over the last year.

ADavisTheGOAT

If he gets offered by Ohio Sh*t, he should be a 4 star.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

The_Iceman

These solid OLB/SS hybrid types (think Jerico Nelson) are really becoming a necessity in today's football. His highlight film is super impressive. Hope we land him.

secneahog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 16, 2014, 11:42:10 am
Wow, when was the last time we got a Linebacker with offers from Georgia and Ohio State?

This could end up being a huge pickup. Dre has really blossomed over the last year.

That is very true.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 16, 2014, 11:49:35 am
These solid OLB/SS hybrid types (think Jerico Nelson) are really becoming a necessity in today's football. His highlight film is super impressive. Hope we land him.

Too many of his HS teammates will be playing for the Hogs. Ours to lose if he doesn't go with his father to Astate.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Bad News Boar

The only knock I have heard on him is that he is a little slow to be a SEC defensive back, thus the reason for rolling down to OLB (Although a little undersized for that position straight up).
Some of the greatest poetry is revealing to the reader the beauty in something that was so simple you had taken it for granted.

secneahog

Quote from: Bad News Boar on October 16, 2014, 12:24:58 pm
The only knock I have heard on him is that he is a little slow to be a SEC defensive back, thus the reason for rolling down to OLB (Although a little undersized for that position straight up).

Undersized at that position straight up.....6'1 220 as a senior in hs is to small for olb straight up???

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=OLB

That is the list of the top ranked olb..the #1 olb in the country is 215.. Guess he's straight up undersized also. 

I'm willing to bet Dre isn't at 220 anymore also.

I guess Georgia thinks he is straight up undersized at olb also.

OLDHOG

Love them home grown players. Welcome Dre. Congrats.

The_Iceman

6'1" 220 is perfect size for an OLB coming out of high school. Let our staff build him up and put good weight on him.

secneahog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 16, 2014, 12:36:29 pm
6'1" 220 is perfect size for an OLB coming out of high school. Let our staff build him up and put good weight on him.

Bingo.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Hogfan991 on October 16, 2014, 11:43:29 am
If he gets offered by Ohio Sh*t, he should be a 4 star.

If he accepts offer from Tattoo U he will be a 4-5 star. If he goes to the Hill, he will be three star at best.

The_Iceman

Quote from: secneahog on October 16, 2014, 12:44:40 pm
Bingo.

Actually, I'd say the perfect size was Randy Ramsey, if you are going to redshirt the player. 6'4", 210 pounds, long arms, quick and rangy. That frame can easily add 20-30 pounds of muscle over a year.

Greenlaw will do just fine at Arkansas.

Hawgzinbowlz

A dream come true is spread in front of him.

He's comin'.

" GO HOGS "

PorkSoda

Quote from: TrueBlue on October 16, 2014, 02:36:40 pm
If he accepts offer from Tattoo U he will be a 4-5 star. If he goes to the Hill, he will be three star at best.
either way he will be the same player.  stars don't mean crap once you get on campus.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ARtillahog

Absolutely retraded statement...

ZERO

Being offered by Arkanasas, Georgia, and possibly Ohio State all within a week is massive for this guy. He also holds an offer from Washington State. I wonder who, if anyone else, will take a second look at this guy and decide they want him on the roster.

Bodes well for us either way you look at it.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ZERO on October 16, 2014, 03:35:17 pm
Being offered by Arkanasas, Georgia, and possibly Ohio State all within a week is massive for this guy. He also holds an offer from Washington State. I wonder who, if anyone else, will take a second look at this guy and decide they want him on the roster.

Bodes well for us either way you look at it.

I read where his father said he expects more big-time offers will be coming, so apparently there are more looking.

As far as his status with A-State, apparently they are going to hold him a spot regardless.

Not counting him they only have one spot left, and apparently would like the JC receiver you guys are also looking at.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Melorock089

Might have been a little late with this dude, but that's more a credit to Dre than a discredit to our coaches. Still, better than never.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Melorock089 on October 16, 2014, 10:21:12 pm
Might have been a little late with this dude, but that's more a credit to Dre than a discredit to our coaches. Still, better than never.

Lulz
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

secneahog

Quote from: Seminole Indian on October 16, 2014, 05:00:27 pm
I read where his father said he expects more big-time offers will be coming, so apparently there are more looking.

As far as his status with A-State, apparently they are going to hold him a spot regardless.

Not counting him they only have one spot left, and apparently would like the JC receiver you guys are also looking at.

D.reed might not make the sec requirements.
If it wasn't for daddy on asu staff dre would have never committed.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 16, 2014, 11:42:10 am

Has turned into one of the better players in the state. I was hoping for an offer a couple months ago, but, hopefully we still pick him up.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: secneahog on October 17, 2014, 11:00:06 am
D.reed might not make the sec requirements.
If it wasn't for daddy on asu staff dre would have never committed.
I was told Reed has told everyone recruiting him that if he makes it he is a Razorback, but ASU will take a chance and hold a spot.

Not sure about Dre.  Because they have become the 2nd option for a lot of talented Arkansas kids (even those with Non-SEC P5 offers) , and the last 3-4 years many have  been willing to commit to them  to hold their spot.

ASU thinks it is to their advantage, especially against out of state schools recruiting these kids, even though they know that the Razorbacks, or another SEC school  may offer a kid or two. They don't lose many commits, in state or out, to non-sec schools even P5's, which is why they are winning.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on October 17, 2014, 11:45:42 am
I was told Reed has told everyone recruiting him that if he makes it he is a Razorback, but ASU will take a chance and hold a spot.

Not sure about Dre.  Because they have become the 2nd option for a lot of talented Arkansas kids (even those with Non-SEC P5 offers) , and the last 3-4 years many have  been willing to commit to them  to hold their spot.

ASU thinks it is to their advantage, especially against out of state schools recruiting these kids, even though they know that the Razorbacks, or another SEC school  may offer a kid or two. They don't lose many commits, in state or out, to non-sec schools even P5's, which is why they are winning.

The question is, how many have verified offers from others?

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Seminole Indian on October 17, 2014, 11:45:42 am

Seems reasonable. 

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on October 17, 2014, 11:56:38 am
The question is, how many have verified offers from others?
Those that are on Rivals, Scout and especially 24/7 have been verified. Only ones missing are the offers that come the last few days leading up to signing day, and none of those sites will update after NSD.

Did ask Anderson at their recruiting roundup to fill in on what happened late, but after naming 10 or so players and the P5's that offered, he just said that almost every player they signed got a late offer, and they did not lose one, and get with the assistant coaches after the round up.

One thing is for sure ASU is recruiting very well for a G5, and Trooper Taylor can recruit with out a bag of money. Well if he has one at ASU there is not much money in it.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on October 17, 2014, 12:31:01 pm
Those that are on Rivals, Scout and especially 24/7 have been verified. Only ones missing are the offers that come the last few days leading up to signing day, and none of those sites will update after NSD.

Did ask Anderson at their recruiting roundup to fill in on what happened late, but after naming 10 or so players and the P5's that offered, he just said that almost every player they signed got a late offer, and they did not lose one, and get with the assistant coaches after the round up.

One thing is for sure ASU is recruiting very well for a G5, and Trooper Taylor can recruit with out a bag of money. Well if he has one at ASU there is not much money in it.

They have, who verified them? There's a kid or two every year that says he has an offer, yet can't commit. I don't trust the services or the kids 100%, or you, haha.