Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rafe Peavy=Russell Wilson

Started by hogz11, October 15, 2014, 05:43:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Quote from: twistitup on October 16, 2014, 08:57:52 am
I understand...but from watching it does not seem like the offense is overly complicated. Maybe I'm wrong, but it appears we run the same basic 12-15 plays over and over

I don't think it has anything to do with Chaney's offense, he's having to adjust to the speed and disguised coverages of SEC defenses more than anything.

HawgTide

It all makes perfect sense 

Rafe Peavey=Russell Wilson

Then

Karl Roesler=J.J. Watt

Recruiting is super easy :razorback:

Dropkick

Quote from: hogz11 on October 15, 2014, 05:43:18 pm
I've thought more and more about this comparison and it seems pretty logical to me. With the offense CBB has established here and what he did at Wisky, it seems a QB that is a running threat can really thrive. It seems like Rafe would be a perfect fit for the offense and add an element that defenses will have to account for.

Keep in mind I'm counting on him also being able to pass efficiently as well. I trust the coaches and I'm not saying Rafe should've been the starter this year. I just really don't want to see him get stuck behind the Allen brothers if he is a legit talent.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I do not like the fact that the top 2 QB's on our depth chart are brothers and their father is on staff regardless of his position. I find it hard to believe he isn't lobbying for his boys. I'd really like to see Rafe and Ty (assuming he is also legit) be the future of the QB position for Arkansas in the years to come....
Ridiculous

tbhogfan

How about Rafe just being the best college player he can be? 

That way, if he turns out to just be a really good, winning SEC QB, instead of an All-Pro who has won a Super Bowl, he's not a disappointment.
Go Hogs!

gchamblee

Quote from: hogz11 on October 15, 2014, 09:01:50 pm
Good grief people. I said I trust the coaches but I don't like the FACT that the Allen brothers are 1 & 2 on the depth chart and their dad is on staff. I simply made the comparison of Peavy=Wilson because of their style similarity. I believe in CBB and support him 100%. Doesn't mean I can't speak my mind and give my opinion however worthless it is......

You realize your only reason you dont like them being 1 and 2 on depth chart, is because of their dad? It has absolutely nothing to do with football, skill, or knowledge of playbook. Get back to us when your reason is actually relevant.

BrokerHawg

if he is legit-he wan't get stuck behind anybody !!!

rusvegashog

We have a VERY good quarterback in Brandon Allen. Wake up and be thankful.

Mike Irwin

I know Bobby Allen. He'd be highly amused that some guy on Hogville thinks he's got extra clout with the head football coach who is his boss. Maybe he should ask for a big raise since Bielema is scared of him. How about a bigger office? A new car? A bigger expense account?

I wonder if Jeff Long is scared of him too?

bphi11ips

October 16, 2014, 06:54:44 pm #58 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:34:57 pm by bphi11ips
Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 16, 2014, 05:20:16 pm
I know Bobby Allen. He'd be highly amused that some guy on Hogville thinks he's got extra clout with the head football coach who is his boss. Maybe he should ask for a big raise since Bielema is scared of him. How about a bigger office? A new car? A bigger expense account?

Says the grizzled journalist tempered by decades of asking tough questions.

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

IntegrityHog

Rafe Peavey will never play a down for Arkansas.  Brandon Allen will be a 5th-year starter in 2015, and Austin will start in 2016 and 2017.  Ty Story will probably start in 2018, then enter the draft.

Tsarcasm

i have to disagree with most of you. I believe that Rafe is going to surprise a lot you people whenever he his given the chance to.  He has good pocket presence and is accurate with the football, but he also can make things happen with his legs. "something that none of our other QB can do well" I believe that that his spring game gave us a look at how bright the future can be for this young man. After Brandon is gone, or maybe even before, Rafe has a good shot at being Arkansas next QB. Austin is a good QB, but I think that Rafe brings a lot more to the table.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

Mike Irwin

Quote from: hawgzzfan1152 on October 16, 2014, 09:30:30 pm
i have to disagree with most of you. I believe that Rafe is going to surprise a lot you people whenever he his given the chance to.  He has good pocket presence and is accurate with the football, but he also can make things happen with his legs. "something that none of our other QB can do well" I believe that that his spring game gave us a look at how bright the future can be for this young man. After Brandon is gone, or maybe even before, Rafe has a good shot at being Arkansas next QB. Austin is a good QB, but I think that Rafe brings a lot more to the table.
How exactly did you come to these conclusions? Watching him in high school? I'm curious because with the exception of the Red White game and one preseason scrimmage where he looked lost Peavey has not been seen by the fans.

Also where is that quote from? I don't recall any of the coaches saying that.

root_hawg

I just don't see Rafe starting at the UofA.  BA will start again next year, AA the back up and I believe Ty and Rafe will be third string.  After that I think Ty will start before AA.  Seen all of them play in HS, I know that doesn't translate to the SEC but IMO that is how I see it.

LZH

Cuz, you're just not aware of everything that goes on....obviously.  These wiseguys are pulling the strings and I hate it for ya, but you're just too nice of a guy to know the real truth.  Here, take this envelope....go buy your wife something nice, go see a Broadway play, take a few days off.  We'll take care of everything.  All we ask is that you remember us....your friends.  We'll be in touch.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 16, 2014, 10:09:12 pm
How exactly did you come to these conclusions? Watching him in high school? I'm curious because with the exception of the Red White game and one preseason scrimmage where he looked lost Peavey has not been seen by the fans.

"Peavey, meanwhile, showed anyone who watched a televised January prep all-star game that while he may lack height and great running speed, and while his arm may not be in the Ryan Mallett category, he brought something to the huddle that stood out that night. He moved his team to touchdowns."

Jim Harris - April 11, 2014, Sporting Life Arkansas

root_hawg

Austin Allen did the same thing in the all-star game the year before.

TexomaRazorback

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on October 15, 2014, 08:32:19 pm
This is no comment on Rafe or Ty, but the "next QB" is always the next real deal.

I loved Lou's quote "The fans favorite player is always the backup QB."

But then again, Lou is an idiot.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

The OP has it all wrong. He's more like a white Wes Welker.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: TexomaRazorback on October 16, 2014, 10:28:36 pm
But then again, Lou is an idiot.

You must be too young to remember his time here.

Or you've had a stroke.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

TexomaRazorback

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on October 16, 2014, 10:38:11 pm
You must be too young to remember his time here.

Or you've had a stroke.

Neither. In fact, i was in the stands those years and actually was a baby sitter for Skip one night.  You've got 4 fingers pointing back at you.

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: hogz11 on October 15, 2014, 05:43:18 pm
Rafe Peavy=Russell Wilson

You talkin about Wilson as a Seahawk, as a Badger under Bielema, or the 3 1/2 years
he played at NC State before going to Wisconsin?

Swine-as-wine

The fans are the ones that are scared, of several more years of his kids being behind
center.

hawgmasta

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on October 16, 2014, 11:30:57 pm
You talkin about Wilson as a Seahawk, as a Badger under Bielema, or the 3 1/2 years
he played at NC State before going to Wisconsin?

This.

It could be said that in high school Rafe was maybe better.  Wilson has evolved into what he is now.

root_hawg

Or it could  not be said since I doubt any of us saw Wilson in HS

Kevin

I would have liked to see rafe with the one's for a couple of series.  Hard not to look lost when you are basically playing with the scout team vs the one's. 
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PonderinHog

Quote from: TexomaRazorback on October 16, 2014, 10:48:50 pm
Neither. In fact, i was in the stands those years and actually was a baby sitter for Skip one night.  You've got 4 fingers pointing back at you.
Does bigdaddy have an extra finger ???

Melorock089

It's just his opinion.

Of course Peavey is going to look "lost" when he's just a true freshmen and doesn't know the offense or his reads. Peavey however, throws a beautiful ball and can do some exciting things with his feet.

One play is enough to convince.

That is not to say that Peavey WILL BE the starter next year or the year after, just excited about his potential.

razorbackkid

Quote from: TDHawgs on October 16, 2014, 11:30:54 am
Well, at first I thought that was a crazy comparison, but Rafe does compare very well with Wilson at least on the surface. Can he be as good on the field as Wilson though? That's yet to be seen, but check out this from Rivals:

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

razorbackkid

I really don't want to get the hopes and expectations up to much so I'll limit what I say about our next quarterback.

Rafe Peavy is a combination of Tim Tebow, Johnny Football, Dak Prescott and Dan Marino.....with a little Chuck Norris thrown in.

I'm thinkin' the dude win prove good for the Hogs!

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

bphi11ips

Quote from: razorbackkid on October 18, 2014, 12:23:54 am
I really don't want to get the hopes and expectations up to much so I'll limit what I say about our next quarterback.

Rafe Peavy is a combination of Tim Tebow, Johnny Football, Dak Prescott and Dan Marino.....with a little Chuck Norris thrown in.

I'm thinkin' the dude win prove good for the Hogs!

:razorback:

I've heard he has a high football IQ also.  He definitely has a good pedigree.  His dad, Jack, was an offensive tackle for three seasons in the NFL.  He has coached most of his life and is now in athletics administration.  He was an OL coach at Arkansas in 1990. 

Rafe was offered by Auburn, Boston College, UCLA and Nebraska, just to name a few.  He was 7 of 11 in the Under Armor game and led his team to two TDs.

Peavey is the real deal.

Deep Shoat

At this point, after watching Rafe's vids a couple of times and seeing him in the Spring Game, I expect he will be moved to TE eventually.  Brandon starts as a Sr, Austin or Ty after BA graduates. 

I just don't see a great QB in Rafe's film.  I see a guy who will eat a lot of sacks because he isn't patient in the pocket, but isn't athletic enough to extend plays against SEC DL.
All Gas, No Brakes!

razorbackkid

Quote from: Deep Shoat on October 18, 2014, 10:30:05 am
At this point, after watching Rafe's vids a couple of times and seeing him in the Spring Game, I expect he will be moved to TE eventually.  Brandon starts as a Sr, Austin or Ty after BA graduates. 

I just don't see a great QB in Rafe's film.  I see a guy who will eat a lot of sacks because he isn't patient in the pocket, but isn't athletic enough to extend plays against SEC DL.
I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised.....the young man has skills.

Tsarcasm

Quote from: razorbackkid on October 18, 2014, 01:11:53 pm
I agree.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

ballz2thewall

Quote from: razorbackkid on October 18, 2014, 01:11:53 pm

i hope so. i'm sure willing to give him a shot.  the film above is nice, but it really isn't all that competitive.
The rest of the frog.

razorbackkid

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 18, 2014, 01:41:01 pm
i hope so. i'm sure willing to give him a shot.  the film above is nice, but it really isn't all that competitive.
Competition starts with challenging ones' self to perform better each and every time you take the field.

The folks on the other side of the ball are just opportunities awaiting you in order to reach new levels of confidence.