Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long on Michigan's Short list

Started by Arazorbackguy1, October 15, 2014, 11:46:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

Mike Irwin

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 16, 2014, 09:45:52 am
I don't know that she ever said it or not, but she is from Ann Arbor and I think they met there and that is where Jeff got his start under Bo and he was there for 11 years. Home is a strong draw for many, so don't discount it.
I discount anything of a personal nature like that when its posted by someone with no accountability. I'm surprised the mods haven't taken it down. It's a cheap shot as far as I'm concerned.

texas tush hog

October 16, 2014, 05:53:22 pm #153 Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:13:47 pm by texas tush hog
Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 16, 2014, 05:50:11 pm
I discount anything of a personal nature like that when its posted by someone with no accountability. I'm surprised the mods haven't taken it down. It's a cheap shot as far as I'm concerned.

I did not post it. Razorback026 did, I just speculated that she might want to return home. What part of MY post do you question?

Hoggam's Razor

Quote from: LZH on October 15, 2014, 02:03:02 pm
Ha!  Me too.  I also plan to offer Angus Young and Slash, then sit back and marvel over all the interest it's gonna generate.
Great analogy to this post!  Just stir the pot and watch the storm it creates.
I hate it when people complain.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 16, 2014, 05:53:22 pm
I did not post it. Razorback026 did, I just speculated that she might want to return home. What part of MY post do you question?
I was simply letting you know that I do indeed discount what he posted. You responded to what I posted so I responded to you.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Razorbax on October 16, 2014, 10:29:30 am
Sean is a good guy. He personally called me and straighten out an issue I had with my tickets.

Similar experience to me. I emailed and then I talked with someone at the Foundation and he personally called me up to make sure everything was OK and handled to my satisfaction.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 16, 2014, 05:23:38 pm
Dr. Sean Rochelle reeks with class and is well thought of by the money guys as well.

I knew he must have been thought highly of by the "money" people when he was brought on board to run the Foundation. Despite what some think the Foundation is not managed or run or has oversight by the Athletic Department. So for him to go from the Athletic Department to the Foundation was very telling to me to how well thought of he is.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

elviscat

I hope he takes the job, I like to get rid of him.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 16, 2014, 06:27:49 pm
I was simply letting you know that I do indeed discount what he posted. You responded to what I posted so I responded to you.

Got it, no problem. I too get a little miffed at some of these posts without foundation as well. 

NaturalStateReb

If Long leaves, some fans might get a serious lesson about dealing down.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

hamARchy in the USA

rhetorical question:  If Long had landed his man Tommy Bowden as football coach in 2008, would either of them still be employed by Arkansas today ?

EastexHawg

I'm predicting right now that when Long leaves his plane won't be at cruising altitude yet before the stories start coming out about how smug, elitist, not well liked, and so forth he has been.  Just a hunch...

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 16, 2014, 08:03:07 pm
I'm predicting right now that when Long leaves his plane won't be at cruising altitude yet before the stories start coming out about how smug, elitist, not well liked, and so forth he has been.  Just a hunch...

You are fixing to be villified.....

Just tell them to tuck their hair back up under their hat.

PRJ

Fatty McGee

It's always amazing to me how many Hogvillians are in the AD offices and on the Board of Trustees at schools like Texas and Michigan.  We're so lucky to have such definitive sources.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Oklahawg

I hope we up the ante on any offer for any job and keep Long at any cost.

He has been amazing as AD.

[just so everyone knows where I stand :)]
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 16, 2014, 09:10:28 pm

Maybe you could get him to see just exactly when our full offensive play book might be installed.

PRJ

Chief Mac

He's done a decent job but nothing stellar. On the other hand, I hope he stays quite a while just to continue to piss some people off
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on October 16, 2014, 09:15:03 pm
He's done a decent job but nothing stellar. On the other hand, I hope he stays quite a while just to continue to piss some people off

You been to campus lately?

bp

TexomaRazorback

Agree whole heartedly.

LZH

Quote from: Hoggam's Razor on October 16, 2014, 06:05:12 pm
Great analogy to this post!  Just stir the pot and watch the storm it creates.

Hee hee....I'm perfect for the job.  Apparently, I'm a hellacious pot-stirrer.

hog911

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 15, 2014, 11:48:40 am
Jeff Long is NOT going to Michigan.

If the money is right he will split like ten year old underwear!

bigredone

It should be obvious by my limited posts that I support Jeff Long and what he is doing on the hill. The Razorbacks brand needs to be run like the business it is instead of the private plaything of Broyles/Lindsay etc.

Kevin

I cannot believe his hiring of jimmy dykes has not made him a fan favorite with everyone
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hog911 on October 17, 2014, 06:13:17 am
If the money is right he will split like ten year old underwear!

You are assuming his motivation would be money. That may or may not be true.

bigstyx

If he's offered the job, he'll take it in a heart beat. If not offered he'll parlay the fact that there was interest, into yet another raise. He wins either way, and doesn't have to give Sexton a cut. You don't have to be the smartest man in the room to execute that strategy.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 17, 2014, 07:57:37 am
You are assuming his motivation would be money. That may or may not be true.

I don't believe money will be the motivating factor. Remember what Dorothy said "theres no place like home." I believe if he stays through this however, he
will only leave to be a conference commisioner or an NCAA job.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 17, 2014, 10:58:07 am
I don't believe money will be the motivating factor. Remember what Dorothy said "theres no place like home." I believe if he stays through this however, he
will only leave to be a conference commisioner or an NCAA job.

Some people think that only money is the motivating factor in taking a job or not. That isn't always true. I myself had two job offers a long time ago the same day with one offering more money. I took the lesser paying one for two reasons unrelated to money.

Melorock089

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 16, 2014, 05:50:11 pm

Aren't you a mod?

LZH

Quote from: bigstyx on October 17, 2014, 08:02:42 am
If he's offered the job, he'll take it in a heart beat. If not offered he'll parlay the fact that there was interest, into yet another raise. He wins either way, and doesn't have to give Sexton a cut. You don't have to be the smartest man in the room to execute that strategy.

Is there anyone in the SEC that Sexton doesn't represent?

And on a side note, how many times can you actually sell your soul to the Devil?  Apparently Sexton has renegotiated that deal, too.