Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long on Michigan's Short list

Started by Arazorbackguy1, October 15, 2014, 11:46:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=11705537

The report says they've talked to three people about it in this article. Those three people are Jeff Long, UConn AD Warde Manuel, Boston College AD Brad Bates, and a dark horse mention of Texas Tech deputy AD Joe Parker.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

The_Iceman

Jeff Long is NOT going to Michigan.

go hogues

If he didn't go to Texas, why would he go to Michigan?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hogcard1964

Michigan is in such bad shape right now and the Big 10-14 (whatever they call themselves, due to the fact that they can't count) is trending down so drastically right now, that this wouldn't even be a lateral move for him.

hamARchy in the USA

Perhaps they'll accept contributions for their effort.

Arazorbackguy1

Well he worked for Bo and was associate AD at Michigan and his wife is from there.

So, there's that.

immahog

funny how other programs an I even heard yesterday that jeff long will be looked at as the next sec commish ......but some of our stupid fans want him gone
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

hawgbawb

UM is a much bigger institution with more prestige.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 15, 2014, 12:01:04 pm
Just feels like he's all about Jeff. Where are the results?  Oh wait, it's all about the $$$

You do realize he is the AD, and the $$$ is his main objective, right? He isn't actually out there coaching.

bp

Arazorbackguy1

Ask Michigan if $$$ is enough to keep an AD

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 15, 2014, 12:04:42 pm
Ask Michigan if $$$ is enough to keep an AD

I just did, they said "yes".

bp

Tusks

I can see how some fans can take or leave Jeff Long.  Just because he's not a Hog fans favorite AD doesn't make them stupid.  Just because Jeff Long has had a lot of success for Jeff Long doesn't mean he's the greatest Razorback AD since slice bread. 

For Jeff it's a job, not a way of life.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HF#1

Jeff Long and Brady Hoke are BFF's.  I'm not sure Long would want to go up there just to have to fire his good friend. 

They might come after Jeff but I don't see him departing.  He has a lot of irons in the fire and a transition would be tough imo.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Torqued pork

Quote from: go hogues on October 15, 2014, 11:52:01 am
If he didn't go to Texas, why would he go to Michigan?
Was he offered the Texas job?

Arazorbackguy1

BP, if that's the case, then why would they rid themselves of Brandon. Michigan is making more money than they ever have.

immahog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 15, 2014, 12:01:04 pm
Just feels like he's all about Jeff. Where are the results?  Oh wait, it's all about the $$$

the results?? you dont see the new facilities. we have great coaches whom HE hired the $$ yea it maters ....where in the world does it not ??? let me know ill be on the first thing smokin we have a footbal program thats on the rise as well as a basketball program on the rise ...Jeff long deserves credit for that I have come to see that people who dislike JL are BP lovers well guess what that mf bobby aint walking through that door and thats the good news
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

hogcard1964

Quote from: hawgbawb on October 15, 2014, 12:02:27 pm

...with more corruption and scandals.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 15, 2014, 12:08:39 pm
BP, if that's the case, then why would they rid themselves of Brandon. Michigan is making more money than they ever have.

Well, they haven't, actually.

bp

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 15, 2014, 11:46:38 am

The report says they've talked to three people about it in this article. Those three people are Jeff Long, UConn AD Warde Manuel, Boston College AD Brad Bates, and a dark horse mention of Texas Tech deputy AD Joe Parker.

Where was it mentioned in the video or the article that these were the three people?
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Laughing Hog on October 15, 2014, 12:23:01 pm
Where was it mentioned in the video or the article that these were the three people?

It doesn't. It also never mentions where Michigan has fired their AD.

bp

ballz2thewall

i'm forming a new band.

i'm gonna offer guitar to eddie van halen.....
The rest of the frog.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: BorderPatrol on October 15, 2014, 12:24:20 pm
It doesn't. It also never mentions where Michigan has fired their AD.

bp

Is he a JL hater? / BP lover?
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Arkansas Fan

All that matters is money, and Arkansas can offer that just as much as Michigan.

Richard_white

Whenever Long leaves the GOBN will be working hard to regain their power.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Torqued pork

Quote from: Richard_white on October 15, 2014, 12:33:42 pm
Give the names of the sinister GOBN.

secfan30

I'd think we'd lose him to the SEC office long before Michigan and I worry when that does take place what will happen to our athletic program if we go the wrong way on a new AD.

jry04

He turned down Stanford...hes not going to UM. He is going to be here for a while.

He has no interest in being a commissioner either.

Science Fiction Greg

Losing Jeff Long would be a potential disaster.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ATLHog

JL is in line for SEC Commissioner- might not be now but he'll run the SEC one day.

Calling All Hogs

Michigan is currently paying their AD $850,000 base salary with $100,000 in annual deferred compensation and the "possibility" of a $200,000 bonus. Long has a better deal here.

tophawg19

Jeff Long like anyone else is replaceable . but i would guess that since he has former ties to U M  , that they might be reaching out to him for Advice on hiring a new coach / AD
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hoghevn

Quote from: Richard_white on October 15, 2014, 12:33:42 pm

Pardon me not knowing, but what is GOBN?
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

jgphillips3

rljjr

Prestige in a failing state. Yeah. I want to go THERE.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hoghevn on October 15, 2014, 01:09:03 pm

"Good Old Boy Network".  It's an unnamed and non-specific mythical group that supposedly runs things at the U of A.  They ride dragons and have blood sacrifices.

WorfHog

Good Old Boy Network, it ruined everything, blamed for the Nutt debacle.

DLUXHOG

GOBN = Girls of Big Nips.......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

LZH

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 15, 2014, 12:27:00 pm
i'm forming a new band.

i'm gonna offer guitar to eddie van halen.....

Ha!  Me too.  I also plan to offer Angus Young and Slash, then sit back and marvel over all the interest it's gonna generate.

clutch

Quote from: ATLHog on October 15, 2014, 12:59:31 pm
JL is in line for SEC Commissioner- might not be now but he'll run the SEC one day.

I think he could have that job if he wanted it, but I'm wondering if being the Chair of the playoff committee might actually be a more powerful position in the long run. I could see it eventually branching out into a sort of college football commissioner type position if the playoff keeps growing.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 15, 2014, 11:46:38 am

Where is Long mentioned in the article?

BorderPatrol

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 15, 2014, 02:12:38 pm
Where is Long mentioned in the article?

The same place the FIRED Michigan AD is mentioned.

bp

woopigsooie13

WPS!

DukeOfPork

Quote from: tusked on October 15, 2014, 12:05:53 pm
... Just because Jeff Long has had a lot of success for Jeff Long doesn't mean he's the greatest Razorback AD since slice bread. 

"Slice bread" was an athletic director?

DLUXHOG

Quote from: woopigsooie13 on October 15, 2014, 02:14:15 pm
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
NOT HAPPENING

Correct!   Michigan cannot outbid Walmart, Jerry Jones, Tyson Foods, Jim Lyndsey, and JB Hunt..... ;)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

LZH

southarkhog06

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 15, 2014, 01:19:25 pm
"Good Old Boy Network".  It's an unnamed and non-specific mythical group that supposedly runs things at the U of A.  They ride dragons and have blood sacrifices.
this is true I once witnessed it, I am now blind and mute. The only thing i remember is they were funded by Wal-Mart and the Iron Bank of Bravos.

Augustus

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 15, 2014, 11:57:39 am
Well he worked for Bo and was associate AD at Michigan and his wife is from there.

So, there's that.

Ok. But, doesn't his daughter go to school at UofA? 

Razorback026

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 15, 2014, 02:17:09 pm
Correct!   Michigan cannot outbid Walmart, Jerry Jones, Tyson Foods, Jim Lyndsey, and JB Hunt..... ;)

I would think GM, Ford, and Chrysler would beg to differ....not to mention JL's wife has been very vocal for her love of Ann Arbor and dislike of Fayetteville.