Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach B

Started by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson, October 15, 2014, 08:58:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I have probably been one of the most outspoken people on this board about my dislike of the hire.

I still don't think it was the right hire, and I am not sold it will all end well.

That said I will admit.  This team, although it hasn't shown up in the win column, seems to have done almost a complete 180 on the field.  I lay a lot of blame on BB so probably have to give credit when it's due as well. 

I still am not a fan if the type offense we are running, but if they can make it work so be it.

I can tell this. BB really wants to win in a bad way, and it seems to really tear him up when they lose.  He doesn't seem to have any quit in him, and it appears to have rubbed off on the players.  They seem fired up and ready to go to battle fr themselves and their staff.

No I'm not on the kool aid just yet, but I do see progress.  Just hope it continues moving in the right direction.
Let's make some waves.

Hog N Bama

If you will do a 180 you will see the Brightside  ;D

Quote from: Hog N Bama on October 15, 2014, 09:04:36 am
If you will do a 180 you will see the Brightside  ;D

Baby steps for me. :)
Let's make some waves.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 15, 2014, 08:58:50 am
I have probably been one of the most outspoken people on this board about my dislike of the hire.

I still don't think it was the right hire, and I am not sold it will all end well.

That said I will admit.  This team, although it hasn't shown up in the win column, seems to have done almost a complete 180 on the field.  I lay a lot of blame on BB so probably have to give credit when it's due as well.  But we stepped into the meat grinder with our schedule.  There aren't many breaks. 

I still am not a fan if the type offense we are running, but if they can make it work so be it.

I can tell this. BB really wants to win in a bad way, and it seems to really tear him up when they lose.  He doesn't seem to have any quit in him, and it appears to have rubbed off on the players.  They seem fired up and ready to go to battle fr themselves and their staff.

No I'm not on the kool aid just yet, but I do see progress.  Just hope it continues moving in the right direction.

This is much appreciated.  It's hard to look at him, and the way this team has operated and not see progress.  Time will tell how much there will be.

Dirty

Quote from: Dirty on October 15, 2014, 09:35:35 am
Who cares!

Boy. Can't win with some. Not that anyone gives a rip what you post either. 
Let's make some waves.

Oklahawg

Classy OP. It takes something to admit this and I admire and appreciate it.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Dirty

I don't care what people think of me or what I post.  All I know is when the crow is served be prepared for a big plate full. 

Go Hogs!

Lanny

Bielema was the best hire Arkansas could make.  Each year Arkansas will be stronger and win more games, hard to be upset over the way this team is playing.  Arkansas would be 5-1 in any other conference including playing in the SEC East
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Bkhardicars

I too was a fan of the BP offense.That being said, I believe our offensive issues are more to lack of talent at the WR positions than play calling or scheme. I like BB and think it was a good solid hire. I love how our defense is playing am pleasantly surprised at their progress so soon in the BB era. BB has also shown he is an out standing recruiter. I think we are going to be happy with his over all emphasis on all phases of the game rather than the BP philosophy of just out score your opponent.I originally thought our best chances were to run a gimmick spread type of offense in order for us to be successful in the SEC.I didn't think we could out Alabama and LSU at their typeof game. After a year and a half under BB, I no longer believe that am solid in my support for what he's trying to do here.

onebadrubi

How much did lanny pay you to come over to the bright side?  Haha

Quote from: Dirty on October 15, 2014, 09:42:32 am
I don't care what people think of me or what I post.  All I know is when the crow is served be prepared for a big plate full. 

Go Hogs!

Evidently you didn't get it orrrrr, you still have the red butt over some of my previous comments. 

Hey thanks for taking the effort to let me know you don't care.
Let's make some waves.

East TN HAWG

You know CBB was the correct hire when we are loosing every game, and yet the fan base is slowly reuniting.  The base has been split for about a decade now.  Even when we were wining under CBP there was still an HDN hangover.

The program is definitely headed in the right direction.  I think we still need to be patient, but our time is coming.   

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 15, 2014, 09:49:57 am
How much did lanny pay you to come over to the bright side?  Haha

Lmao has been no conversion. Just admitting I may have been wrong.

Let's make some waves.

HawgTide

That said I will admit.  This team, although it hasn't shown up in the win column, seems to have done almost a complete 180 on the field.  I lay a lot of blame on BB so probably have to give credit when it's due as well. 

That's the best post you've had in two years. We are getting better and moving in the right direction. CBB has a plan and better days are coming soon.

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 15, 2014, 09:42:01 am

Well considering the amount of venom I have been spewing I figured I might as well admit what my eyes have been seeing. Improvement.

Ultimately time will tell, but the direction arrow appears to be pointed up. Hope they continue to build on it.
Let's make some waves.

Razorfox

OK, so what exactly is it about our offense that you don't like?  That we can't pass?  Because I'm calling BS on that.  Here are our passing results against Bama for the last 7 years:

Year    Yards    TDs    Ints
2014     246        1          1
2013     91          0          2
2012     79          0          2
2011     209        2          2
2010     357        1          3
2009     191        1          1
2008     217        2          4

So, as best as I can tell, this year's passing attack is as effective as any we've had against Bama since 2008.  It was the second most yards we've gained and equal to the best TD/Int ratio we've had. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Razorfox on October 15, 2014, 09:57:59 am
OK, so what exactly is it about our offense that you don't like?  That we can't pass?  Because I'm calling BS on that.  Here are our passing results against Bama for the last 7 years:

Year    Yards    TDs    Ints
2014     246        1          1
2013     91          0          2
2012     79          0          2
2011     209        2          2
2010     357        1          3
2009     191        1          1
2008     217        2          4

So, as best as I can tell, this year's passing attack is as effective as any we've had against Bama since 2008.  It was the second most yards we've gained and equal to the best TD/Int ratio we've had.

Dude, now isn't the time to argue with the man! He's feeling the love!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Snortingred1 on October 15, 2014, 10:00:19 am
Figures, gotta mop of your ignorance so you can freely jump on the band wagon when it comes around.  Go away, you're not wanted.

Come on.  I welcome him back with open arms.

October 15, 2014, 10:12:07 am #19 Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:34:09 am by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson
Quote from: Snortingred1 on October 15, 2014, 10:00:19 am
Figures, gotta mop of your ignorance so you can freely jump on the band wagon when it comes around.  Go away, you're not wanted.

I'm not mopping up anything skippy. Not jumping on any band wagons either. There is still nothing definitive to say I was wrong.

I am saying if things continue to improve I may have been wrong. Doesn't happen very often, but if I am I will readily step up and admit it.

Not really concerned if you approve if what I posted.
Let's make some waves.

MJ2

100% agree.

Doyle Hograves

Who was your pick?
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

PorkRinds

DeltaBoy

I am with Jeff on this , So I am trying to be patience and wait for him to work his magic.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 15, 2014, 10:30:16 am
His was "let bobby off the hook".

Yes I was let Bobby off the hook guy.
Let's make some waves.

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 15, 2014, 10:31:54 am
I am with Jeff on this , So I am trying to be patience and wait for him to work his magic.

That's very Zen of you.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 15, 2014, 09:08:09 am

Baby steps for me. :)

Absolutely.  I'm actually kind of shocked you have come this far!  ;-)
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Oklahawg

Razorfox, I'm glad Jeff is in a good mood about this. But, that said, your data on passing is fantastic. Kinda gives the anti-Chaney folks a moment's pause.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Wildhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 15, 2014, 11:12:19 am
Razorfox, I'm glad Jeff is in a good mood about this. But, that said, your data on passing is fantastic. Kinda gives the anti-Chaney folks a moment's pause.

13 points.

To put that into perspective, a horrible Southern Miss put 12 on them.  Florida's TERRIBLE offense put up 21.  And powerhouse West Virginia put up 23.

We change coordinators on D, and it's like night and day.  Robb Smith is doing an incredible job with roughly the same talent level as last year.  I dream of what an upgrade at OC could do with all the talent we've got.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 15, 2014, 09:54:25 am
Lmao has been no conversion. Just admitting I may have been wrong.

Well, those you think we're homers, at least some of us, don't know if you're right or wrong, but I was sure going to give him time to try.

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on October 15, 2014, 10:39:43 am
Absolutely.  I'm actually kind of shocked you have come this far!  ;-)

It's not been an easy journey. And I hope it's not over yet.
Let's make some waves.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 15, 2014, 10:12:07 am
I'm not mopping up anything skippy. Not jumping on any band wagons either. There is still nothing definitive to say I was wrong.

I am saying if things continue to improve I may have been wrong. Doesn't happen very often, but if I am I will readily step up and admit it.

Not really concerned if you approve if what I posted.
YOURE A BAD PERSON AND SHOULD FEEL BAD!!!!!!!! im kidding, classy post. The bandwagon is always open to those who want to jump on, not sure what is wrong with some of these ppl.

Steef

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 15, 2014, 09:42:01 am

LZH

Fwiw brother, the guys who are taking shots at you for be open-minded have never brought anything interesting to this board at all......ever.  You and I have talked about it for over a year - regardless of how we feel about BB, we just wanna see some improvement.  Some folks just can't stand it when it becomes apparent that you really are a die-hard Razorback instead of "wanting a coach to fail so you can be right".  Piss on 'em.

And to the poster who says Jeff's "not wanted"......if he wasn't wanted, he would still be on 'Hogville vacation'.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Wildhog on October 15, 2014, 02:52:35 pm

I've got some Vol fans in my family, and they were happy he wasn't retained.

This actually helps explain the problem, here.  A key piece of the puzzle, indeed.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Wildhog

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on October 15, 2014, 02:57:25 pm
This actually helps explain the problem, here.  A key piece of the puzzle, indeed.

My wife's an LSU fan.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

southarkhog06

Quote from: Wildhog on October 15, 2014, 02:52:35 pm
I heard that about Pittman.  Never really about Chaney.

I've got some Vol fans in my family, and they were happy he wasn't retained.
I guess its about 50/50. still dont see why you wholeheartedly hate him so much, close losses to top ten teams suck, but hardly a reason to start hating a coach. if he isnt doing a good job I doubt CBB keeps him around next year.

PorkRinds

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 15, 2014, 02:59:47 pm
I guess its about 50/50. still dont see why you wholeheartedly hate him so much, close losses to top ten teams suck, but hardly a reason to start hating a coach. if he isnt doing a good job I doubt CBB keeps him around next year.

Cause he's big boned-ed.

Quote from: LZH on October 15, 2014, 02:54:23 pm
Fwiw brother, the guys who are taking shots at you for be open-minded have never brought anything interesting to this board at all......ever.  You and I have talked about it for over a year - regardless of how we feel about BB, we just wanna see some improvement.  Some folks just can't stand it when it becomes apparent that you really are a die-hard Razorback instead of "wanting a coach to fail so you can be right".  Piss on 'em.

And to the poster who says Jeff's "not wanted"......if he wasn't wanted, he would still be on 'Hogville vacation'.

Thanks man. Appreciate it.  Hopefully I can avoid those lengthy vacations :)
Let's make some waves.

Let's make some waves.

blu

What if we beat the spread like we have every game including TT? I say we win by 7+.

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

southarkhog06

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 15, 2014, 03:01:02 pm
Cause he's big boned-ed.
yea but so is BB and (correct me if im wrong) pittman isnt tiny, not to mention those olineman we love so much arent sitting at 6% body fat either. Im as disgusted as anyone about the obesity epidemic in the US but cmon man.

PorkRinds

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 15, 2014, 03:10:39 pm
yea but so is BB and (correct me if im wrong) pittman isnt tiny, not to mention those olineman we love so much arent sitting at 6% body fat either. Im as disgusted as anyone about the obesity epidemic in the US but cmon man.

Selective outrage maybe?  I dunno.

blu

Anyone who has ever played football knows that if we can get this going, we will win. JMHO, BB gets it, and I am 100% behind him. He's better than me.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

southarkhog06

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 15, 2014, 03:11:25 pm
Selective outrage maybe?  I dunno.
wait, does pittman or CBB wear glasses? maybe thats it.

blu

There's like 10% of coaches who really get it. CBB is one who does, we are very fortunate to have him as our coach. Don't ask me how I know, you'd probably never really understand.

Sivad

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 15, 2014, 10:33:09 am
Yes I was let Bobby off the hook guy.
I guess I was too. I didn't think any other team/AD in the country would have fired him for that.
But now, after coming through all that unpleasantness, I am really glad we have Coach Bielema here and am looking forward to the future with him.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Sivad on October 15, 2014, 08:24:59 pm
I guess I was too. I didn't think any other team/AD in the country would have fired him for that.
But now, after coming through all that unpleasantness, I am really glad we have Coach Bielema here and am looking forward to the future with him.

Sivad, is this CBB's dream job like it is CMA's?

Wants2Win