Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things are getting interesting in Tallahassee

Started by NoNC4Tubs, October 15, 2014, 07:24:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NoNC4Tubs

It is coming out and its gonna get ugly......

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-florida-state-tallahassee-police-hindered-investigation-documents-101014?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:foxsports

Among the findings:

• The university's police chief obtained original police reports as well as supplemental reports from Tallahassee police on Nov. 8, 2013, at least four days before the case was turned over to Meggs, the local prosecutor responsible for investigating serious crimes and filing criminal charges.

Florida State's quarterback has been in trouble frequently since arriving on campus. Take a chronological look at the issues.

•  The university's police chief forwarded the reports to a high-ranking administrator in the Florida State athletic department, and within days they ultimately wound up in the hands of Winston's defense attorney — also before Meggs was notified of the case and launched his own investigation.

•  Two critical witnesses — Florida State football players who said they were present the morning of the alleged assault — discussed the case with Winston's lawyer and ultimately signed affidavits at his behest backing the quarterback's version of the incident. That happened before law enforcement officers tried to talk to them about what they saw and remembered, a dramatic road block in the state attorney's effort to determine whether Winston should be charged with rape.

• That same high-ranking administrator in the athletic department sought information from the university's police chief about a reporter seeking the reports on the allegations against Winston.

• The second-highest ranking officer in the campus police department ran interference with another reporter seeking information about the allegations, terming them a "rumor" that he was glad he could "dispel."

• Both of those police officials were involved in updating Florida State administrators on the case and helping formulate the school's public relations response in the first days after the explosive story became public.

These new revelations come as Florida State is the subject of an ongoing federal investigation into its handling of the rape allegation against Winston in December 2012. After his DNA was matched to genetic material found on the woman's underwear, his attorney asserted publicly that they'd had a consensual sexual encounter. Investigators from the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights are looking at whether the university's administrators complied with the requirements of the federal gender-equity law known as Title IX.

Among the things that federal investigators can examine is the conduct of school administrators once they learn of an alleged sexual assault. Title IX requires that colleges and universities receiving federal money conduct prompt investigations into allegations of sexual assault against students if they know about them — or should know about them.

Would love Chief Oscarola's take on this one..........  8)

jbcarol

Ryan J @R89johnson  ·  1h 1 hour ago
@ClayTravisBGID Moderator of Florida governor debate just asked candidates whether there is a crime problem within FSU football program.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Rzbakfromwaybak

Well, after reading the entire article, it seems pretty clear. There was definitely a cover up & very likely a rape occurred at Winston's apartment. They have his DNA on her underwear. Florida State officials are guilty of trying to help cover up a reported rape.  Turns my stomach.  Hope this doesn't go away.  Getting tired of seeing high profile athletes face no consequences for their actions.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on October 21, 2014, 07:54:45 pm
Ryan J @R89johnson  ·  1h 1 hour ago

@ClayTravisBGID Moderator of Florida governor debate just asked candidates whether there is a crime problem within FSU football program.

I would say it involves more than just the football program....

jbcarol

These hayseeds will never prosecute.

We've got to get 'em in federal court!

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: jbcarol on October 23, 2014, 03:20:21 pm
These hayseeds will never prosecute.

We've got to get 'em in federal court!

This thing could easily end up with the Department of Justice and a civil rights trial. 

Florida State is going from a national laughingstock to a national embarrassment.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Theolesnort

After the UNC scandal has blown up this makes the ACC look very bad. In the name of winning games what is going on? Especially a criminal case, could a school go all in and cover up a disgusting rape where a young freshman girl is slipped a mickey and she is raped with impunity by several players or even just one player. There needs to be a investigation of the cover up plus a trial where either Jamis is acquitted or found guilty. Justice should never be perverted. The young man needs to either be in jail or exonerated.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on October 22, 2014, 12:52:55 am
Well, after reading the entire article, it seems pretty clear. There was definitely a cover up & very likely a rape occurred at Winston's apartment. They have his DNA on her underwear. Florida State officials are guilty of trying to help cover up a reported rape.  Turns my stomach.  Hope this doesn't go away.  Getting tired of seeing high profile athletes face no consequences for their actions.

While I wish Jamieous gone and thinks he's completely an idiot, He never denied have sex with the girl.  He said they did but was a drunken consensual evening. 

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  12 m

Tallahassee Police Department investigating FSU starting RB Karlos Williams for alleged domestic battery

Tim Jansen, who represented Jameis Winston, representing Karlos Williams in alleged domestic battery case

FSU says Karlos Williams' "status with team will be under review" until they receive more information

FSU coach Jimbo Fisher's media availability tonight has been cancelled reports @JaredShanker

PorkRinds

They'll throw the book at the guy that is easy to replace.  He will now get both his and Jameis' punishments.   

Pulled(PP)pork

Ok, who is paying the lawyer fees for these guys?  That ish ain't cheap as I just spent $2500 on a custody lawyer. I can't imagine what a criminal attorney goes for.

PP

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB  ·  5h 5 hours ago
#FSU's leading rusher Karlos Williams is a suspect in domestic battery case. There's gonna be a helluva 30for30 on this Noles team one day.

Pulled(PP)pork

HamIAm

Quote from: jbcarol on October 27, 2014, 03:09:57 pm
Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  12 m

Tallahassee Police Department investigating FSU starting RB Karlos Williams for alleged domestic battery

Tim Jansen, who represented Jameis Winston, representing Karlos Williams in alleged domestic battery case

FSU says Karlos Williams' "status with team will be under review" until they receive more information

FSU coach Jimbo Fisher's media availability tonight has been cancelled reports @JaredShanker

In other words Karlos Williams status with the team will be under review as he plays with the team through the January bowls.

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  4 hours ago

FSU RB Karlos Williams part of investigations for domestic assault & role in armed robbery http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11774172/florida-state-seminoles-running-back-karlos-

QuoteWilliams, a senior from Davenport, Florida, is being investigated for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend, who lives with him and is pregnant with the couple's second child, according to people familiar with the investigation.

"The athletics department is aware of an investigation by the Tallahassee Police Department involving football student-athlete Karlos Williams," the school said in a statement. "Until we receive more information regarding the alleged incident his status with the team will be under review."

Williams was in pads and practicing on Monday. The Seminoles, the defending national champions, play at Louisville on Thursday night.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 24, 2014, 02:16:01 pm

While I wish Jamieous gone and thinks he's completely an idiot, He never denied have sex with the girl.  He said they did but was a drunken consensual evening.

What else could he say?  It was reported earlier, that his DNA was on the girls underwear.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: HamIAm on October 27, 2014, 07:26:37 pm

In other words Karlos Williams status with the team will be under review as he plays with the team through the January bowls.

Yep, you nailed it.  The "review" will probably be completed around the 1st of Feb.

Old Jimbo would play them until they are behind bars.  If it was Winston in jail, they would be petitioning for a "work release" for afternoon football practices & Saturday games.

jbcarol

Clay Travis @ClayTravisBGID  ·  22 minutes ago

How corrupt and dirty are Jimbo Fisher's Seminoles? Even Kentucky fans are rooting for Bobby Petrino: http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/fsu-has-everyone-rooting-for-notre-dame-bobby-petrino-102914 ...

NoNC4Tubs

Virtually ALL of CFB will be big Louisville fans on Thursday night....... 8)