Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Georgia Offers Different Challenge For Arkansas

Started by Mike Irwin, October 14, 2014, 10:41:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

FAYETTEVILLE- Arkansas' receivers coach Michael Smith says he's had no problem getting his players attention as the Razorbacks gear up to face No. 10 Georgia, the Hogs third straight top 10 opponent. The Bulldogs picked apart Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk last week on the way to a 34-0 drubbing of the Tigers in front of their own fans. Mauk was picked off four times and was held to just 97 yards passing.

"They've got a bunch of athletic guys in their secondary, guys that can run, guys with very good ball skills," Smith told the Razorback Nation. "You show the kids. You show them that we've really got to put in some work this week. We've got to do the extra to beat these guys."
-----------------------
To read the rest of this story and to view the video version click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/georgia-offers-different-challenge-for-arkansas/27341/qvyYQW9mr0CMPIXDNiuPYg

Hawgzinbowlz

I think the challenge of motivating the players to play at the level we have against 'Bama, T@M and first half Auburn is what this game hinges on.

If the coaches succeed at high level motivation I like our chances in Little Rock.

" GO HOGS "

DeltaBoy

The Coaching staff sees the need to win and win Now, Hope that old Markham Street Magic will work again for the Hogs. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bphi11ips

Arkansas had 4 possessions in the fourth quarter.  Here's a link to drive charts, play-by-play, all plays sorted by type and down, etc.:

http://ark-platform-api-prod-cdn.silverchalice.co/v3/files/5439e17fe4b0f8d89690db01

Arkansas ran once on first down in the fourth quarter for five yards.  They passed the other four possessions on first down.  The results were sack, two incomplete passes, and one completion for 7 yards.  The completion was followed by two incomplete attempts over the middle just beyond the first down marker to Derby and Sprinkle.  Overall, Arkansas attempted 10 passes in the fourth quarter.  Four of those were on first down.  Brandon Allen had a nice scramble for 14 yards on one 3rd down call, so 11 passes were called in the fourth quarter.  Of those, 4 were on first down, and two were on second and three.  So 5 of 11 passes called in the fourth quarter were not obvious passing situations. 

Arkansas was more effective passing on second and third and long than on first down.  Here are the numbers:

First down          - 4-8-0       47 yards     2 sacks
Second down      - 9-17-0     56 yards     1 sack
Third down         - 8-15-1   142 yards    1 sack

I have a lot of respect for Brandon Allen and Jim Chaney.  Allen acknowledged the lack of execution down the stretch, and Chaney acknowledged that he needs to evaluate short yardage situations.  No excuses from either of those guys. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hogfan1660

WMS is where the wheels started falling off of the program with ULM and now WMS is  where we finally turn the corner by beating UG! I love our chances and think we will beat UG pretty convincingly! WPS!!!!!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 15, 2014, 09:06:41 am
I have a lot of respect for Brandon Allen and Jim Chaney.  Allen acknowledged the lack of execution down the stretch, and Chaney acknowledged that he needs to evaluate short yardage situations.  No excuses from either of those guys.

They say things about how they failed to execute, but I would like more attention paid to the probabilities. Maybe the probability of executing well against a 300-man front is low.
[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

We need to get out there and bust them in the Mouth for all 4 quarters.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

alohawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 16, 2014, 02:23:35 pm
We need to get out there and bust them in the Mouth for all 4 quarters.

Hard, ALL 4!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

razorsharptusk

GO HOGS!!

TheRazorback500

Our running game is much better than Mizzou's. That should make BA's job a little easier. I look for our D to get pressure on Mason and force a couple of turnovers.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

bphi11ips

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on October 17, 2014, 05:27:54 pm
Our running game is much better than Mizzou's. That should make BA's job a little easier. I look for our D to get pressure on Mason and force a couple of turnovers.

:razorback:

Brandon Allen is going to have to beat Georgia. Same song, fourth verse.  I went over this over and over before the Alabama game, and Chaney gave Allen the freedom I said he needed.  It wasn't either one of their fault that Walker can't hold on to the ball, or that we can't execute a field goal attempt or an extra point or hold onto an interception.

It is Chaney's fault that he doesn't see a wide open flat against a stacked defense or know how to call a time out.  He's the one who called two passes in the middle underneath to TEs on third and three late in the fourth quarter with plenty of time remaining to run his regular offense and score.  He or his boss are most likely the ones who are hamstringing Brandon Allen's ability to check out of a play or check down to a wide open WR receiver running a crossing route in the red zone.  And he said as much above.

It will get fixed tomorrow and Arkansas will beat Georgia because they will finally present a balanced attack for four quarters.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Dominicanhog

Plenty of blame to go around... our OL gave up 4 sacks, and gained less than 100 yards rushing.. not to mention BA was constantly harassed... that's what you get when you play a Bama type team... somebody on the field has got to step up and make a play when it count's..