Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red/White Game 2

Started by ucahogfan, October 14, 2014, 07:00:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB     ·  5h 5 hours ago   

Lineups are set for game two of the Fall World Series. Perfect day to catch some baseball at Baum Stadium! #WPS

Some interesting decisions on where players are playing.

ucahogfan

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB     ·  4h 4 hours ago   

Wind is blowing out to left field today and gusting up to 20 mph. Might see a few #BaumBombs. #WPS

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB     ·  3h 3 hours ago   

Two innings in the books and the Cardinal team leads 2-0 behind an RBI from Blake Baxendale and a pair of errors from the White team. #WPS

Parker Sanburn is dealing for the Cardinal team with 3 K's in 3.0 scoreless innings. #WPS

Clark Eagan goes deep, a towering two-run shot to left center and we are tied up 2-2 in the top of the 4th. #WPS

We are deadlocked 2-2 after a Clark Eagan two-run #BaumBomb in the fourth inning. #WPS #OmaHogs

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB     ·  2h 2 hours ago   

Austin Kerns is back out for his second inning of work as the Cardinal team leads 5-3 in the bottom of the 6th. #WPS

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB     ·  2h 2 hours ago   

Time to stretch at Baum Stadium with Cardinal leading White 3-2 and trying to even the Fall World Series in game two. #WPS

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB     ·  1h 1 hour ago   

FINAL | Cardinal 4, White 2

Series Tied, 1-1

WP | Parker Sanburn
Save | Jacob Stone

Game 3 | Wednesday at 4 pm

ucahogfan

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB     ·  43m 43 minutes ago   

Cardinal squad evens Fall World Series with 4-2 victory. Full recap here > http://bit.ly/1DarR3d  #WPS

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Several surprises in those lineups. :-\ :-\

dotnet

I like seeing Serrano at 2b.  Its weird that he is at second and Grieshaber is in RF though? 

The rest didn't seem that weird.  I'm not sure why people are surprised?

TikiHog

I was there yesterday..Benetendi looks really good...Wiggins hit 2 out but both were barely foul...Wernes had a bad fielding day at 3rd...Pennell is really vocal as a catcher even yelling to the outfielders if they had room on foul flies...Pate from Fayetteville better be really good because he seems to be really cocky on his strut to the dugout...We thought Jorn was slow Pate takes longer....Mcafee looked good...I think we will be really good

ucahogfan

Quote from: TikiHog on October 15, 2014, 04:40:57 pm
I was there yesterday..Benetendi looks really good...Wiggins hit 2 out but both were barely foul...Wernes had a bad fielding day at 3rd...Pennell is really vocal as a catcher even yelling to the outfielders if they had room on foul flies...Pate from Fayetteville better be really good because he seems to be really cocky on his strut to the dugout...We thought Jorn was slow Pate takes longer....Mcafee looked good...I think we will be really good
Thanks for the update Tiki!  I'm extremely excited about this team.  Pitching is a big question mark, but I think we can have 15-16 players or even more contribute offensively.

DVH said we can go five deep behind the plate with Pennell, Rodriguez (named the top defender in the California League), Gosser, Shaddy, and Spanberger/Bax/Wiggins in dire situations.  This offense should be the best we have seen since 2010.

Wernes was a solid fielder pretty much all of last year, but was prone to having a game where he made Roger Dorn look like a good fielder at the hot corner.  He can be a late inning replacement, but I think Bernal or Nomura see the majority of starts.

Good to hear McAfee is looking good.  He has battled injuries, but a healthy McAfee is huge for this team in the field, at the plate, and for leadership.

Our OF is extremely deep like it was in 2012.  We return all 3 starters in Benintendi, Spoon, and Serrano.  Spoon has had a strong fall which is encouraging along with Benintendi.  We also have Eagan who had an excellent summer in the Northwoods and should have a strong sophomore campaign.  We could also run out an all freshmen OF in Benninghoff, Bonfield, and Grieshaber.

The possibilities with the lineup in the spring is very exciting.

ricepig

We need a couple of lefties to step up if we are going to go to Omaha.