Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bigger dirtbag.. Jimbo Fisher or Jamis Winston

Started by PORKULATOR, October 14, 2014, 10:23:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rljjr

"I know the facts of the case." These words by Fischer bug me. Did you know the facts of the case about the alleged rape? Did you know the facts of the case about the crab legs? Did you know the facts of the case about the BB gun incident? Do you REALLY know the facts of the case about the autographs?

I would be more concerned that where Jameis Winston is concerned that there is a NEED to know the FACTS OF THE CASE. Why is there a case? How many CASES are required for you to do the right thing?

I'm all for innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, but playing college athletics is a privilege, not a right. How many times is he going to embarrass FSU? Are the multiple embarrassments worth the glory on Saturday? Where is the line with his feckless attitude?

LZH

Quote from: Doug on October 14, 2014, 01:36:27 pm
From SportsCenter's Polls..

Apparently, everyone that lives in the ocean dislikes him, too.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 14, 2014, 01:29:36 pm
Cam Newton was no where near JW.  He knew when to keep his mouth shut and his head down.  JW is on another level. 

I wasn't talking about character there, simply NFL potential.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Jek Tono Porkins

Hell, I'm surprised that Jameis Winston can write his name.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

rljjr

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 14, 2014, 01:43:05 pm
Hell, I'm surprised that Jameis Winston can write his name.

He probably gets Jimbo Fisher to do that for him.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

hogsanity

Some nfl guy, may have been Mort, was saying how nfl gm's were talking about how fast JW was filling up their versions of the  " he is an idiot" box on their draft sheets.

I still think the biggest nfl question with him is does he have the intelligence to run an nfl offense.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LZH

Quote from: rljjr on October 14, 2014, 01:43:31 pm
Go Oceana!

I can't say I blame them.  Winston did steal some crablegs, after all.

RollHogTide

hogsanity

Quote from: LZH on October 14, 2014, 01:17:23 pm
I liked Jimmy Johnson's Miami teams.  I enjoyed watching Spurrier's Gator teams.  I liked Bobby Bowden as a coach while he was at FSU.  I even liked Urban Meyer until Tebow's second year or so.  But I have never, ever, cared for Jimbo Fisher...I can't put my finger on it, I just haven't cared for him.  And now, very few things would tickle me more if Winston got bounced from college football altogether (providing that he is guilty of the things he's accused of), eventually costing Fisher his job.  Piss on 'em both.

I've been in the Tampa Bay area for almost a month, and there is very little talk of the Winston thing by the locals.  Tampa/St. Pete is mostly Gator country from what I gather (as long as they're winning), but you hear very little about it at all.

every coach you named would have treated JW the same way Fisher has/is.  They would have done everything possible to keep him playing, including turning a blind eye to allegations, or having them covered up.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Jek Tono Porkins

It does make me wonder how other coaches run their programs.

For example, Alex Collins is probably the best player on the Arkansas roster. If not the best he's definitely in the top 3.

He got suspended for a quarter in one of the biggest games of the season for missing a workout.

What would happen to one of CBB's players if they were accused of rape?
Or got caught stealing crab legs from a grocery store?
Or yelled what Winston yelled in the Student Union?

I think all of them are too scared to find out.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

hogsanity

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 14, 2014, 02:02:52 pm
It does make me wonder how other coaches run their programs.

For example, Alex Collins is probably the best player on the Arkansas roster. If not the best he's definitely in the top 3.

He got suspended for a quarter in one of the biggest games of the season for missing a workout.

What would happen to one of CBB's players if they were accused of rape?
Or got caught stealing crab legs from a grocery store?
Or yelled what Winston yelled in the Student Union?

I think all of them are too scared to find out.

It is a fine line. Do you punish the entire team for the actions of one?  One the flip side, if you do not punish the one, how long until it is 3 or 8 or 15 breaking the rules knowing they are too important to be dealt with?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on October 14, 2014, 10:32:08 am
Can it be a tie?

No butt HDN himself would be scare of the # of OT periods it would take to figure it out...

I mean...

No, but HDN himself would be scare of the # of OT periods it would take to figure it out...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

acey33

Quote from: PORKULATOR on October 14, 2014, 10:23:40 am
I know this belongs elsewhere and someone will move it accordingly, but I just watched Jimbo defend his starting Thug on ESPN and it's atrocious. He's got that Urban Meyer quality that makes it okay to play criminals until the authorities drag them away.

slight edge to wannabe thug...

pigskenG

Reminds me of 2 things:

(1)  the saying: "Winning is everything"

(2)  What a defense attorney says, "My client is innocent until you prove him guilty."

LZH

Quote from: hogsanity on October 14, 2014, 01:57:36 pm
every coach you named would have treated JW the same way Fisher has/is.  They would have done everything possible to keep him playing, including turning a blind eye to allegations, or having them covered up.

Oh I know they would, I don't doubt that one bit.  I just liked those coaches but have never liked Fisher.

Mike_e

JW!

Nobody has a right to put their ding where somebody else don't give a dang to have it there.

Screw him with somebody else's and aids would be a bonus.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Pickeledpigfeet

Dirtbag kid
Dirtbag coach
Dirtbag program
Same old Seminoles!!!!
No Moral Compass when it comes to winning!!!
Cudos to Georgia!
Get off the Gus bus....Get on the Bret Jet !!!!!

jimmur74

Jimbo has no regard for ethics......all he does is win. ring a bell?

Augustus

Jameis Winston.  Because I think he actually did what he was accused of.

But, Jimbo Fisher is very close behind him.

Just like I think Jerry Sandusky is a bigger scumbag than Joe Pa or the rest of the Penn State administration, because of what Jerry did... but Joe Pa & Admin are scumbags too for allowing it.

secfan30

What's sad is this piece of crap won a Heisman. I remember when winning the Heisman also meant having integrity. They took Reggie Bush's away, yet not this guys?

Missooie

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 14, 2014, 01:37:43 pm
The 25% are Jaguars/Dolphins/FSU fans.

Dolphins fan here. Not a chance I want that punk on my team. Most Fin fans would agree. Speak for yourself not others.

Augustus

Quote from: secfan30 on October 14, 2014, 05:54:14 pm
What's sad is this piece of crap won a Heisman. I remember when winning the Heisman also meant having integrity. They took Reggie Bush's away, yet not this guys?

It seems like the Heisman voting community (at least some), has come around.  After Scam Newton, Johnny D-bag, and now Jameis...

(I do think they got it right with RGIII though).

After Jameis had his outburst at their Student Union, several stated he would not receive a vote from them regardless of how he finished this year.

Also, after Gurley's autograph ordeal came out, some have already said the same about him.

They (some) know continuing to vote for someone like Jameis reflects on them, and will eventually take away some of the prestige of the award.

Or, at least that's how it seems to me.

Athog

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 14, 2014, 10:25:44 am
He's got no integrity.  Some people do, some people don't.  Winston is likely in this deal worse than Gurley, but Jimbo knows they can't win without Winston.  Richt has some integrity, and knows that they still have a puncher's chance against us without Gurley. 

This!!

Chief_Osceola

Cue the Imperial March

You all want any cheese with that whine? Sorry we pose such a threat to your precious conference superiority narrative.

BTW, can anyone here provide any evidence he actually assaulted anyone other than opposing defenses? If so, by all means forward it to the SAO in Florida because I'm sure they'd love to see it.

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on October 14, 2014, 10:30:27 am
The ultimate dirt here is all over the administration at FSU.  They could stop it all right now by doing what GA did, suspend Winston until the NCAA investigates.  Then again FSU was the original thug u, Bowden never met a thug he wouldn't give a uniform to.

Bowden was a Miami clone.  "The U" was the original.  The Hurricane changed the culture of college football overnight, and their legacy continues today.

I'm proud to be a Razorbacks fan, where college football still develops men who don't quit when they're 50.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

S.A.D.C

Let's not kid ourselves.  Sadly, plenty of razorback fans would gladly take them both to win a national championship.  Look at how many still complain about CBP being fired!

lefty08

To me the one who allows the behavior is much worse than the perpetual child who just acts out. Ever been to.walmart and wanted to pile drive a parent?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

lefty08

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on October 14, 2014, 07:43:52 pm
Cue the Imperial March

You all want any cheese with that whine? Sorry we pose such a threat to your precious conference superiority narrative.

BTW, can anyone here provide any evidence he actually assaulted anyone other than opposing defenses? If so, by all means forward it to the SAO in Florida because I'm sure they'd love to see it.

If you are going to travel around to message boards to defend this stuff, God bless you. Put on some coffee, its gonna be a long night
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Tsarcasm

Quote from: LZH on October 14, 2014, 01:39:51 pm
Haha I was thinking the same thing
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

Tsarcasm

HAHA not even close. but good one
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

passinghog

This is an NCAA compliance issue...

I hate to say it, but if you ask one of your players if he took money and he says no, and there's no proof that he took money, and nobody on the other side is saying he was seeking money, why wouldn't you believe them? This isn't the same as the Gurley situation, where it was discovered the exact amount he was seeking/getting per autograph. Or the Cam Newton or Manziel situation. There's no dollar figure/amount attached to his story. You better believe everyone and their mother is trying to find someone that says Winston took money. No one yet....

College players sign things all the time. Heisman players sign things all the time. Don't think AJ McCarron didn't sign hundreds of items? With the Alabama fan base? Um, yes. Tim Tebow? Yes, thousands. Both of them come from bigger, more rabid fan-bases and have more incentive to take money because of that. Think they took money? Why wouldn't they if offered?

Until you have something from compliance, the NCAA, or a merchandise collector saying the kid took money for autographs, you can't punish him for signing merchandise.  I still believe in due process. When you get word from the NCAA that a kid is ineligible, you sit them down. That hasn't happened yet, so you play him. This isn't for the moral police, this is about the rules.

reddogjcss

There's is programs that will do anything to win and there are programs that really care for the kids! BAMA, Ark, Georgia, ND, etc... Tend to do the right thing. Florida State, Ohio, Auburn, etc.... Will do anything to win and could care less about the kids.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: lefty08 on October 14, 2014, 08:54:25 pm
If you are going to travel around to message boards to defend this stuff, God bless you. Put on some coffee, its gonna be a long night

Thanks. This is the only board I frequent other than Fearless Friday. I'd just like to see someone here or in the media to provide some bit of actual evidence that he assaulted that girl. The witch hunt has gotten pretty sad and desperate. The Salem judges weren't this zealous.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: hawgzzfan1152 on October 14, 2014, 08:59:21 pm
HAHA not even close. but good one

Are you trying to convince yourself that isn't the case?

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: reddogjcss on October 14, 2014, 09:02:36 pm
There's is programs that will do anything to win and there are programs that really care for the kids! BAMA, Ark, Georgia, ND, etc... Tend to do the right thing. Florida State, Ohio, Auburn, etc.... Will do anything to win and could care less about the kids.

LOL what? Are you not familiar with their practice of processing upperclassmen who don't perform?

reddogjcss

U can't ride a football scholarship if u can't play.

lefty08

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on October 14, 2014, 09:16:55 pm
Thanks. This is the only board I frequent other than Fearless Friday. I'd just like to see someone here or in the media to provide some bit of actual evidence that he assaulted that girl. The witch hunt has gotten pretty sad and desperate. The Salem judges weren't this zealous.

The fact of the matter is the kid is an idiot. Missing a half a baseball season didnt help. Jimbo is an enabler, pure and simple. Winston is screaming out for help and jimbo is only concerned about wins. Its sad really. The only thing sadder is what he will turn out to be, unless a real man in his life steps up and does what his lowlife coach refuses to do. This generation is hurting beyone all others and it isnt all their faults, we are letting them down

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: lefty08 on October 14, 2014, 09:33:55 pm
The fact of the matter is the kid is an idiot. Missing a half a baseball season didnt help. Jimbo is an enabler, pure and simple. Winston is screaming out for help and jimbo is only concerned about wins. Its sad really. The only thing sadder is what he will turn out to be, unless a real man in his life steps up and does what his lowlife coach refuses to do. This generation is hurting beyone all others and it isnt all their faults, we are letting them down

Yeah that was a real dirtbag move when he helped start that charity for kids with Fanconi Anemia - the Kidz First Fund. You and your ilk here are the first I've ever heard of Coach Fisher being anything other than a stand-up guy. Sorry, I'm just not buying it. It just wreaks of bitterness and jealousy.

Also, I'm still waiting for evidence of an assault. Not necessarily from you, mind you.  That seems to be the thing everyone is stuck on. The autograph thing has zero merit, and is just the latest narrative spun by ESPN and the like.

Fatty McGee

So many pearl clutchers here.  This isn't church.  It's college football.

Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

rickm1976

Quote from: LZH on October 14, 2014, 01:39:51 pm

Hey, good eye there buddy.

Hawgzinbowlz

Cue the Imperial March

JW represents FSU very accurately. The crab leg incident is FSU gold.

We get it that you respect and support JW.

" GO HOGS "

LZH

Quote from: rickm1976 on October 14, 2014, 10:54:19 pm
Hey, good eye there buddy.

I kinda left that out there to see if anyone else noticed.

PORKULATOR

Cue the Imperial March

Turn on the TV kid, its obvious what's going on here to everyone but you.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Doug

Quote from: Chief_OsceolaYou and your ilk here are the first I've ever heard of Coach Fisher being anything other than a stand-up guy. Sorry, I'm just not buying it. It just wreaks of bitterness and jealousy.

Also, I'm still waiting for evidence of an assault. Not necessarily from you, mind you.  That seems to be the thing everyone is stuck on. The autograph thing has zero merit, and is just the latest narrative spun by ESPN and the like.
You've been around here for a while, and outside of your mentality on this particular thread (and ONLY this thread), I've got a lot of respect for you.

That being said, and pay attention here, Hogvillians are NOT the only ones discussing this. Hogvillians are not the only ones decrying both Winston and Fisher.

In my line of work (on the sports side), I interact with fans from several schools/conferences. Most of them are concentrated on the eastern half of the US, but it does go coast to coast.

What people are saying on here (Hogville) is extremely TAME compared to the other comments I'm seeing elsewhere (Social media, other fan sites, other non-community sites, etc). Fans of ACC schools are being extremely vocal about the FSU situation. So are Big 12 and SEC fans. There is chatter amongst some G5 and even FCS fans over this. VERY few are offering support over this situation.

Most are comparing Florida Gators and how they handled that situation to FSU and how they handled Winston's situation(s).

You need to open your eyes... the rest of the nation IS talking about this, and it's not a pretty picture for FSU.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

hogsanity

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on October 14, 2014, 09:52:11 pm
Yeah that was a real dirtbag move when he helped start that charity for kids with Fanconi Anemia - the Kidz First Fund. You and your ilk here are the first I've ever heard of Coach Fisher being anything other than a stand-up guy. Sorry, I'm just not buying it. It just wreaks of bitterness and jealousy.

It is not just one thing though. It is a pattern of behavior without repercussions with him.  Stealing crab legs, alleged assault, the incident in the cafeteria, the autographs, and a couple other things, just since he got to FSU ( no idea what may have occurred since people discovered he had athletic ability, but I suspect like it is with many like that, he has been covered for many many times ).

The biggest insight into that was showing up in full gear for the Clemson game. No one is buying the story about the equp mgr putting out his gear so he put it on. Anyone that has been told he is suspended and still comes out in full gear to warm up either A - thinks he is never really going to be punished or B - is actually to stupid to know what suspended means.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: Doug on October 15, 2014, 08:43:12 am
You've been around here for a while, and outside of your mentality on this particular thread (and ONLY this thread), I've got a lot of respect for you.

That being said, and pay attention here, Hogvillians are NOT the only ones discussing this. Hogvillians are not the only ones decrying both Winston and Fisher.

In my line of work (on the sports side), I interact with fans from several schools/conferences. Most of them are concentrated on the eastern half of the US, but it does go coast to coast.

What people are saying on here (Hogville) is extremely TAME compared to the other comments I'm seeing elsewhere (Social media, other fan sites, other non-community sites, etc). Fans of ACC schools are being extremely vocal about the FSU situation. So are Big 12 and SEC fans. There is chatter amongst some G5 and even FCS fans over this. VERY few are offering support over this situation.

Most are comparing Florida Gators and how they handled that situation to FSU and how they handled Winston's situation(s).

You need to open your eyes... the rest of the nation IS talking about this, and it's not a pretty picture for FSU.

Fair enough.  The problem is, and I've said this before - it is all driven by a single narrative that has no basis in fact, especially with regard to the sexual assault allegations and the autograph signings.  The biggest driver is obviously ESPN, who has sacrified journalistic integrity for ratings.  It's just the world we live in and sad as it may be, it is what it is.  I get it, we're the bad guys and that's fine with me.  It's just a shame so few do any actual fact-checking and are more than willing to go along with what is being spoon-fed.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: hogsanity on October 15, 2014, 08:59:19 am
The biggest insight into that was showing up in full gear for the Clemson game. No one is buying the story about the equp mgr putting out his gear so he put it on. Anyone that has been told he is suspended and still comes out in full gear to warm up either A - thinks he is never really going to be punished or B - is actually to stupid to know what suspended means.

I know you don't follow FSU, so I'll get you up to speed - suspended players are typically allowed to dress out at FSU.  Bobo Wilson was suspended for the OSU game, but still dressed out and was on the sideline.  Matthew Thomas has been suspended for the last few games, but has dressed out each time.  It wasn't even a big deal until ESPN made it one.  Did you know that during that Clemson game, the cameras panned to Winston 48 times?  I think he had like 8 minutes of total camera time. 

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: PORKULATOR on October 15, 2014, 07:38:28 am
Turn on the TV kid, its obvious what's going on here to everyone but you.

By 'TV', I assume you mean ESPN.  I can think of about 2.25 billion reasons why they'd want to bring FSU down.