Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

i just get the feeling...

Started by presidenthog, October 14, 2014, 12:33:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

presidenthog

that this team is about to explode. I think we will beat georgia. I was listening to bo's show and a dari from sec now was talking and said he felt like arkansas was close to not only opening the door but blowing it right off the hinges. He felt as if when we win it will be big. and bo said he had the feeling that once we win we will win in bunches.

Now i'm an objective individual and realize that these guys arent always right and im not basing anything i post in this off what they said but im just using them as reference points.

I'm not sure we blow the door wide open but i feel like if this team wins saturday it could be close but im feeling more of a 7-10 point game, something similar to 28-21, but i also get the feeling that this team really wants to win this one for themselves and Bret and may just blow up and smash down on this suspension ridden Georgia team.

If we win this game saturday though i just feel like the confidence and relief alone that will come with the win will propel this team a huge step forward. When that happens we will start crushing teams. This team is good people. They play their hearts out. The defense is miles ahead of where it was, and its only going to get better. I think if im not mistaken we have more pass breakups than any other team and we are the most efficient at doing it (maybe one of our stat junkies fayettechill, muskogee, biggus piggus, etc could reinforce that for me, love what yall do btw keep it up would love to have a football discussion with yall) This staff is amazing and i hope we can keep them all for a long time. We are in good hands. The future is so bright and i haven't been this excited in a long time.

Im not super super critical of BA. i feel some of the problems are still the need for playmakers. I believe next season with kj and jojo adding some speed along with keon and the other receivers getting another year, and BA having another year in the system with better talent we will have a legitimate passing game to make this offense incredibly potent. With this next class, which is looking great i might add, This team will finally be a complete team in all phases with enough depth to consistently dominate. News flash we are the most physical team in the SEC, if we aren't we will be very soon. we are going to get good wide recievers. we are going to tell them that we are gonna give them a good shot at the next level. Because we will get them one on one and let them be physical, be a man and beat the guy across from them and go make a play. That's exactly what they are looking for at the next level. If BA can get more consistent and deliver the ball accurately, or whoever the qb is for that matter, we are gonna have chances to put up yards and points in the passing game when the pieces are here.

We are going to become the team like bama was for the last few years. After teams played bama they would almost always lose the next. It was from the physical beat down they put on teams. There is a shift happening and we are becoming the beast that beats on others. We are on a huge shift upwards. I know 0-15 but if you had eyes and any clue about football, you should be able to see the big picture and see how great its going to be. Right now in the moment it stings, but its coming. When we win one its going to start a chain reaction that is only going to snowball. I'm just trying to tell everyone who is doubting to just jump on the bandwagon its safe. it might have one or two more bumps but from then on out its gonna be the smoothest ride you ever rode.

I don't post much. i read everyday though. I just felt the need to say what was on my mind.

EDIT: BTW i told my brother before the bama game that im gonna miss derby after this season. i know a lot of you have a problem with him from his qb attempt but the dude is a legit TE and weapon. I hope when he is gone that some speed on the outside will help fill some of the void of his leaving.

Wild Boarnado

Well said! Like you, I don't post much, but I read here everyday. You expressed many of my own thoughts and feelings about this year's team and the bright future I see in them.  We are a rising powerhouse. Honestly, I didn't think we'd see such a leap in improvement this year.  The job CBB, his staff, and our guys has been phenomenal. I am very excited. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  WPS!!!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

Hoggles

Good post. I agree that Derby is a hell of a TE.

rude1

Winning cures all, not playing um close. Unless you finish with the win, at one point do you just become the team who just can't finish?

MuskogeeHogFan

Lost in the "we aren't better until we win" argument is the fact that many on here and in the national media said prior to the season that we could be significantly improved this season and not win more than 4 games.

The reason? Have any us been watching the SEC West this year? The ones who were good in 2013 are still good this season, though some might regressed a little, and those that were just good last year, are playing great this year. As unbelieveable as it may seem, from the 2013 to 2014 seasons, the SEC West became even tougher, as if any of us expected that or thought that could happen in the way it has.

I still think that we are going to go bowling though getting there isn't going to be easy. But the argument that we aren't better this season than last is just not true. Are we shooting ourselves in the foot at key points in games where we have a chance to win? Absolutely. But that doesn't mean that overall as a team that we aren't improved.

Everyone is disappointed and I can understand that, especially when we know that we are a grand total of 10 points in two games from being 5-1 and ranked right now. That alone should demonstrate how much more improved we are as a team at this point of the season.

Come on Hogs, finish and beat Georgia!
Go Hogs Go!

PGTIGERHOG

Great post! 

Derby will be missed, but I think Austin Cantrell will fill a similar role at TE.

presidenthog

Quote from: rude1 on October 14, 2014, 06:03:54 am
Winning cures all, not playing um close. Unless you finish with the win, at one point do you just become the team who just can't finish?

I think once we finish and beat a team, that this team won't forget how and will never look back.

Ps, what happened to Iwas's rediculous post about vandy? Did he delete it? Look people I know it's easy to get mad about losses and we aren't better til our record says otherwise, but you have to had watched the games and know what your looking at to see how far we have come. B!&ching about 0-15 is like biT&@ing about an interior wall not being painted but when you step back you see that it's a gigantic beautiful mansion being built and it's just not quite complete. Last year we laid the foundation. This year the frame is up and it's almost finished. Next year it will be 100 percent done and everything after that is just interior and lawn decoration :razorback:

BigSexyHog

Winning does cure all.  I am ready to start winning.   Hopefully it comes sooner then later.  I am more then ok with that first win this Saturday :)
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Redhogs

Quote from: rude1 on October 14, 2014, 06:03:54 am
We're there. They need to win for their own sanity..watching their interviews after the game tells you that. They are playing their guts out...they really are 10 points from being 5-1..pray the football gods shine on them this week..this could become a "letting go of the rope" scenario if they don't..pure human nature. Go Hogs.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Pickeledpigfeet

We are  going to beat the "Chub" out of Gawga this weekend, and prove how weak the SEC least is this year. Our defense matches up well against them. Pressure will force bad passes and they will resort to the run. Trey and Spaight will shut that down. I really think this will be BA's time to shine, if he ever will!
Our WR corps has to step up this week. I guarantee the dawgs will stack the box to stop our RB's....ala..Bama. This match-up suits us, Georgias secondary is not that good regardless of how they owned Maty Mauk last week! The dawgs will be riding the hype  of" how bad Bama played" us last week and not seeing how good we really are. WPS!
Get off the Gus bus....Get on the Bret Jet !!!!!