Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The FRANKKED effect

Started by BRUTUS POUNDCAKE, October 14, 2014, 12:33:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

It is quite obvious that many fans throughout Razorback land are currently experiencing symptoms of the FRANKKED effect.  This is the feeling that one has when their beloved sports team seems to be rounding the corner of mediocrity on their way to the cusp of potential soon to be greatness only to be catapulted backwards into rebuilding purgatory by some catastrophic bizarro FRANNKED event or action.

FRANKKED events require galactic sized chunks of bad luck, poor timing, bad judgment and unbelievable circumstance.  In most cases a FRANKKED event is a single occurrence resulting in a less than desired outcome. 

In the case of the Razorbacks however it seems that we have been feeling FRANKKED for nearly 2 decades.  Nutt FRANKKED up so many things you'd need a space calculator to add them all up.  Petrino FRANKKED us in the end and JLS.... well, let's just say he delivered a super deluxe FRANKKING that may never be eclipsed.

Beliema has had his share of feeling FRANKKED - all last year and in full effect in hi-def 1080p over the last 2 games and O'fer in the SEC.

The effects of feeling FRANKKED at every turn gets us to where we are as fans today - questioning loyalties, blaming anything and everything we can clatter out on a keyboard, unable to hold rational and realistic conversation about anything anywhere at most any time, holding on to the hope of all hopes that next year will be better and that by the luck of the gods we will sign a worthy 5 star QB who in 3 more years will be ready to rock and roll. 

I do love my HOGS and I do think we are much improved.  I am also of the opinion that we should be 5-1.  No excuses no debate, just 5-1.

I am tired, exhausted of feeling FRANKKED.  It is time to WIN.  No trying to rationalize who we are or where we belong or when is our time.  We just go out and do it now.  No reason not to.  Winning will curtail the FRANKKING and it will feel much, much better.

:razorback:

redeye

Hang on, because we're almost there.  We're young and building depth better then ever before.  So far for the season, we've outplayed everyone but Auburn and just need to learn how to win.

1highhog

Uhh okay.  In some weird franked up way, I think you're actually right and not the Debel but a true Razorback fan that's just drank to much tonight.  You're a passionate fan of the Razorbacks, and a fan of Coach Bielema and his coaching staff because anyone can see the amazing work they've put in in such a short time to turn this team around from the disgrace of last year to a team no one willing to play us.  The wins will come, yes, even the SEC wins, this season will end on a good note and we will win 6 games, more than I thought we'd win at the beginning of this season.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: 1highhog on October 14, 2014, 02:14:30 am
Uhh okay.  In some weird franked up way, I think you're actually right and not the Debel but a true Razorback fan that's just drank to much tonight.  You're a passionate fan of the Razorbacks, and a fan of Coach Bielema and his coaching staff because anyone can see the amazing work they've put in in such a short time to turn this team around from the disgrace of last year to a team no one willing to play us.  The wins will come, yes, even the SEC wins, this season will end on a good note and we will win 6 games, more than I thought we'd win at the beginning of this season.
care to make a wager on the Hogs getting to 6 wins ?  who are we going to beat to get there...UAB, likely, but in every other game we play we will be the betting underdog.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

goodguytex

I think we are much better than both Missouri and LSU. We should beat both.

Big Papa Satan

Figured this to be a Broyles thread when I clicked.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Big Papa Satan on October 14, 2014, 05:44:51 am
Figured this to be a Broyles thread when I clicked.

Well, it was his dog that bit Billy Grahams son...
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hoggie17

Quote from: goodguytex on October 14, 2014, 05:04:25 am
Yes we are better than both LSU and Missouri.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BRUTUS POUNDCAKE on October 14, 2014, 12:33:41 am
It is quite obvious that many fans throughout Razorback land are currently experiencing symptoms of the FRANKKED effect.  This is the feeling that one has when their beloved sports team seems to be rounding the corner of mediocrity on their way to the cusp of potential soon to be greatness only to be catapulted backwards into rebuilding purgatory by some catastrophic bizarro FRANNKED event or action.

FRANKKED events require galactic sized chunks of bad luck, poor timing, bad judgment and unbelievable circumstance.  In most cases a FRANKKED event is a single occurrence resulting in a less than desired outcome. 

In the case of the Razorbacks however it seems that we have been feeling FRANKKED for nearly 2 decades.  Nutt FRANKKED up so many things you'd need a space calculator to add them all up.  Petrino FRANKKED us in the end and JLS.... well, let's just say he delivered a super deluxe FRANKKING that may never be eclipsed.

Beliema has had his share of feeling FRANKKED - all last year and in full effect in hi-def 1080p over the last 2 games and O'fer in the SEC.

The effects of feeling FRANKKED at every turn gets us to where we are as fans today - questioning loyalties, blaming anything and everything we can clatter out on a keyboard, unable to hold rational and realistic conversation about anything anywhere at most any time, holding on to the hope of all hopes that next year will be better and that by the luck of the gods we will sign a worthy 5 star QB who in 3 more years will be ready to rock and roll. 

I do love my HOGS and I do think we are much improved.  I am also of the opinion that we should be 5-1.  No excuses no debate, just 5-1.

I am tired, exhausted of feeling FRANKKED.  It is time to WIN.  No trying to rationalize who we are or where we belong or when is our time.  We just go out and do it now.  No reason not to.  Winning will curtail the FRANKKING and it will feel much, much better.

^Proof not everyone is born on this planet.....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ballz2thewall

Quote from: goodguytex on October 14, 2014, 05:04:25 am

agreed. and i also think that we can give ole miss a game in fayetteville.
The rest of the frog.

DeltaBoy

I am with you ! I am about at the end of my rope with losing SEC games. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

judgeroyswine

I salute you, sir.

I too think the Hogs are better, but end the madness already...please somebody....stop the frankking!
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 14, 2014, 08:19:09 am
^Proof not everyone is born on this planet.....................

Proved my point quite nicely.  Thank you.

A Bama fan at work told me today we were ohhhh sooooooo close.  I told her that we were already there.  Need to stop waiting around for it to happen. 

pissedhogfan

Go Hogs!

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

FRANKKED again - Marshall is a last minute scratch, targeting ejections, turnovers, turnovers, turnovers, untimely penalties, mental softness.... The madness continues.

I want us to win so bad it burns but as the season slides away yet again all I can do is begin looking to next year - again.  I think coach B needs to make a change at QB and start playing to the future.  There is not much left of this year and if we don't take that approach soon we will experience this all over again next year and possibly the one after that with a new QB anyway.

Still looking for another win or two this year but frustrating as hell.