Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deontre Hardwick

Started by Tsarcasm, October 13, 2014, 08:12:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsarcasm

Sorry if this has been posted before.
2016 prospect
4 star  6-1  230 4.7 40 .Inside Linebacker from Fortsmith.

http://247sports.com/Player/Deontre-Hardwick-35371
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2433938/highlights/127566375
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

RAZORHOGG15

Would really like to see this kid in a Hog uniform
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

Oklahawg

Need to make sure he makes grades this year and he might bump up beyond 4 stars.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

PorkRinds

I've seen him plays probably ten times. He's a monster.

Steef

Huds_HawgTide

His grades are only reason he doesnt have offer and only reason he isnt committed
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

simon the squealot

Hardwick is by far the best player and prospect on a defense that features at leat 4 D 1 prospects. Dean has been a very good model for him to follow on and off the field. I suspect he will make his grades.

Steef

If grades are the only issue, we need to set up a Hogville Tutoring Service and get this done.

Actually, that's not a bad idea anyway.

ricepig

Quote from: steefhog on October 14, 2014, 08:08:12 am
If grades are the only issue, we need to set up a Hogville Tutoring Service and get this done.

Actually, that's not a bad idea anyway.

Based off of North Carolina's??

The_Iceman

Wow, now that is an SEC LB.

Can you imagine in 2016 with him as a freshman with Randy Ramsey, Brooks Ellis, and others?

Steef

PorkRinds

Quote from: steefhog on October 14, 2014, 10:38:08 am
Not really following. Sorry.

North Carolina recently had that cheating scandal in their athletics department.  Pretty sure that's what he's referring to.

Steef

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 14, 2014, 10:39:01 am
North Carolina recently had that cheating scandal in their athletics department.  Pretty sure that's what he's referring to.

Ah. Thanks.

Not really sure the two topics equate, though.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 13, 2014, 08:36:23 pm
I've seen him plays probably ten times. He's a monster.

Patrick Willis type.  Hits hard, wraps up, reads everything, good lateral speed.  Best defensive prospect I've seen out of Fort Smith in a really, really long time.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Fort Dweller

Quote from: steefhog on October 14, 2014, 10:56:07 am
Ah. Thanks.

Not really sure the two topics equate, though.

he was joking.  UNC had "tutors" who took the tests for students.  He was jokingly suggesting we have HV posters take the tests for them.  Unfortunately, I think we'd misspell most of the names.  Bunch of tests would be turned in with only initials or jersey numbers for the names.  :)
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Fort Dweller on October 14, 2014, 10:57:48 am
Patrick Willis type.  Hits hard, wraps up, reads everything, good lateral speed.  Best defensive prospect I've seen out of Fort Smith in a really, really long time.

I agree.  That NHS defense is unreal.

HogWildBison2011

I really do like Mr Hardwick. The 2016 class has the opportunity to be unreal on defense. Austin Capps DT, McTelvin Agim DE, Deontre Hardwick LB, John Tate DE/TE. I'm surprised Jordan Jones WR isn't rated higher. I'm guessing we are letting big Kasey Ford go due to depth at QB. Does anyone know the story on Damarea Crockett? He seems to have good measurable s but he seems  a little underwhelming on film.

ricepig

Quote from: Fort Dweller on October 14, 2014, 10:59:38 am
he was joking.  UNC had "tutors" who took the tests for students.  He was jokingly suggesting we have HV posters take the tests for them.  Unfortunately, I think we'd misspell most of the names.  Bunch of tests would be turned in with only initials or jersey numbers for the names.  :)

Correct, I guess I need to spell out these little snide remarks...

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on October 14, 2014, 11:14:43 am

Nah, us losers that are on here often get it. 

Steef

Quote from: Fort Dweller on October 14, 2014, 10:59:38 am

Thanks to you, also. I understand the connection, now.

Quote from: ricepig on October 14, 2014, 11:14:43 am

Well, for me....yeah. I'm a little slow. Just ask anybody.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Fort Dweller on October 14, 2014, 10:57:48 am

Is he related to the Hardwicks we went to school with at Kimmons, oh, about 20 years ago?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

PorkRinds

Quote from: The Chief on October 14, 2014, 11:39:02 am
Is he related to the Hardwicks we went to school with at Kimmons, oh, about 20 years ago?

Very likely.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: The Chief on October 14, 2014, 11:39:02 am

I think so.

ricepig

Quote from: steefhog on October 14, 2014, 11:32:58 am

You can't be steef, your 247 profile says you're a 4.23 guy.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on October 14, 2014, 12:22:30 pm

That's got to be hand timed and not laser.  >:(

Steef

Quote from: ricepig on October 14, 2014, 12:22:30 pm

Thats not 40 yards.

Its ten.

I played mostly DT & Will.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: steefhog on October 14, 2014, 11:32:58 am

I just figured you were in politics mode from dealing with Fatty

Steef

Quote from: Fort Dweller on October 14, 2014, 01:14:34 pm
I just figured you were in politics mode from dealing with Fatty

Ah.

No. I no longer deal with Fatty.

Tsarcasm

If grades are the problem, he still has another year to get them up. Arkansas has not had a linebacker of this caliber in a long time. 
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgzzfan1152 on October 14, 2014, 02:13:17 pm
If grades are the problem, he still has another year to get them up. Arkansas has not had a linebacker of this caliber in a long time.

Credits are the problem when people don't get the grades.  I think he will be fine though.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 14, 2014, 02:32:57 pm
Credits are the problem when people don't get the grades.  I think he will be fine though.

Lets hope the counselors and family help this kid get in the summer school programs and right classes for his semesters left.  If my math is correct, he would spring, summer, fall, spring, and summer to get the grades and credits to enrol.  He could be like Tretola (yes I know tretola came from a JC) and be in classes all the way up too fall camp. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 14, 2014, 02:36:50 pm
Lets hope the counselors and family help this kid get in the summer school programs and right classes for his semesters left.  If my math is correct, he would spring, summer, fall, spring, and summer to get the grades and credits to enrol.  He could be like Tretola (yes I know tretola came from a JC) and be in classes all the way up too fall camp.

He's getting help.

hogfan2000

Hate to say someone is can't miss, but the guy is the best looking lb prospect I've seen from inside this state in a long time. Freddie Fairchild was a man, but I don't think his film flashed as much.  Hopefully he'll stick longer than FF did

thebignasty

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 14, 2014, 11:06:23 am
I agree.  That NHS defense is unreal.

Northside is littered with amazing prospects,  and Hardwick is clearly the class of them,  but Northside misses out on best 7a defense I've seen in years because as a team D Southside is actually better. They're seriously ridiculous. Not much offense at Southside though.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: thebignasty on October 14, 2014, 11:10:10 pm
Northside is littered with amazing prospects,  and Hardwick is clearly the class of them,  but Northside misses out on best 7a defense I've seen in years because as a team D Southside is actually better. They're seriously ridiculous. Not much offense at Southside though.
Fortunately we get to compare defenses the last Friday of the season.

DeltaHog82

Somebody find him a tutor and get him a hog uniform

Grizzlyfan

It's probably way too simplistic but when I look at a recruit that will be playing in the SEC I figure that he should be dominating in Arkansas high school football.  This season I've seen Hardwick, O'Grady, Greenlaw, Dean, Cantrell, the OLineman from Conway, and the RB from Conway. the only one that fit's that description is Hardwick.  He tackles everything in sight, get's to the ball in the blink of an eye, and punishes people.  the OLineman from Conway is close to that.  The RB from Conway was also impressive on a couple of runs, but that was against Greenwood, so..................

Grizzlyfan

Storey also fits the description of dominating but given the competition I back off that a little bit.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on October 16, 2014, 03:23:43 pm
Storey also fits the description of dominating but given the competition I back off that a little bit.

He has all the tools to make throws against any competition.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 16, 2014, 03:24:24 pm
He has all the tools to make throws against any competition.
Very likely yes.