Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC admits mistake at end of game

Started by CoveMan, October 13, 2014, 02:31:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CoveMan

I'm not saying that we would have won the game if we could have had those couple of extra seconds, but none the less we still got cheated.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/alabama-arkansas-referee-clock-mistake/

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: CoveMan on October 13, 2014, 02:31:49 pm
I'm not saying that we would have won the game if we could have had those couple of extra seconds, but none the less we still got cheated.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/alabama-arkansas-referee-clock-mistake/

Three page thread in the Trash Can/Vents&Rumors.

AubFaninArk

All you need to beat bammer is 1 second.  You guys got screwed on that call.  Tom Ritter and Penn Wagers are disgraceful they miss so much.

This call and the ridiculous hand to the face penalty was beyond belief.

CoveMan

DeltaBoy

Ranks up with Lou's infamous SMU Zebra screwjob!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MissippHog

Penn Wagers and his crew have a long history of mishaps.  It's amazing how he's still around.

PORKULATOR

Its amazing that Wagers or Curles are allowed anywhere near a razorback game. It should be against the law. EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT THERE DRIVEN BY AN AGENDA... In this case, they protect the SEC favorites well, does that mean they do a good job?
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Danny J

Yep....it was obviously a problem and that entire crew is a problem. I don't know about you guys but this is the second time where the SEC officially comes out and states "oops..we are sorry" after a Arkansas game. The first time was the 09 Florida game and the spots they were given as well as the BS personal foul given to Malcolm Shepard. I will never forget that.

lefty08

Probably wouldnt have made a difference, but itbwould have been nice to force a punt from bama with a wet ball 30 seconds left or not
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Danny J

Quote from: lefty08 on October 13, 2014, 03:32:40 pm
Probably wouldnt have made a difference, but itbwould have been nice to force a punt from bama with a wet ball 30 seconds left or not
No doubt...hell I was screaming for us to let them score with 1:50 remaining so we could at least get the ball back with 1:40 and a chance to tie the game with a TD and 2pt conversion.

CoveMan

Well, surely we all remember when Saban fought for those few extra seconds last year when they were playing Auburn. Look how that worked out for the game. Completely turned it around.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Danny J on October 13, 2014, 03:38:54 pm
No doubt...hell I was screaming for us to let them score with 1:50 remaining so we could at least get the ball back with 1:40 and a chance to tie the game with a TD and 2pt conversion.

I like the idea. Never would have thought of it. Saban would have gone for 2 to clinch the game, but if he missed, would be betting he could keep us out of the end zone. Still, it would have been more of a chance than what we ended up with.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

forrest city joe

The Sec can go kick rocks. this crap with guys like Wagers,Curles and Ritter did not just start with that crap the other night. that call on Dan Skipper spoke volumes.everyone in the nation saw that BS call.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 13, 2014, 05:29:10 pm
The Sec can go kick rocks. this crap with guys like Wagers,Curles and Ritter did not just start with that crap the other night. that call on Dan Skipper spoke volumes.everyone in the nation saw that BS call.

Indeed FCJ Indeed

[attachment deleted by admin]

BOAR_N2BWILD

A good research project, How many of these "controversial calls' go against the school that is in position to make the SEC the most money. I would Wager, pun intended, that each one went in favor of the team with the most influence on $$$ for the SEC.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Danny J

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on October 13, 2014, 07:32:44 pm
A good research project, How many of these "controversial calls' go against the school that is in position to make the SEC the most money. I would Wager, pun intended, that each one went in favor of the team with the most influence on $$$ for the SEC.
I thought about doing that yesterday although I wouldn't know where to start. I have a feeling that among the schools not named UGA, Tenn, UF, Auburn, LSU and Bama this is likely talked about on their boards the way it is here.

Lord of the Styes

Why is there not an independent journalist or some investigative crew willing to delve into this. ESPN thirty for thirty probably wouldn't air it. Mike Slime has his machine rolling.

BadHog

Fake twitter account but this is funny....

https://twitter.com/pwagerssec

Penn Wagers @pwagerssec  ·  7h 7 hours ago
When I show up in Little Rock Saturday I hope they have a better clock operator than in Fayetteville! #NotPennsFault

Penn Wagers @pwagerssec  ·  7h 7 hours ago
Always thought the #DawgNation was my biggest fans, but I'm getting a lot of love from the #Razorbacks! #Blessed #Humbled #Deserving

Penn Wagers @pwagerssec  ·  10h 10 hours ago
Mike Slive and the other SEC hacks spreading lies about me to cover their own incompetence! I'm still the BOSS!

Penn Wagers @pwagerssec  ·  12h 12 hours ago
Only I have the right to punish Todd Gurley! #FreeGurley

I hear Little Rock is quite lovely in mid-October!

Was just informed that I have once again been named SEC referee of the week for a now record 253 weeks! #Blessed #Humbled #Deserving

Penn Wagers @pwagerssec  ·  13h 13 hours ago
Mark Richt has lost control of Cam Newton's postgame comments!

Penn Wagers @pwagerssec  ·  Oct 12
My soon to be released Penn Wagers penalty flags(with my likeness on them) make great stocking stuffers! #HoHoHo

I once tried to resign as the finest SEC referee to go into private business but Mike Slive wouldn't hear of it! #Glad #Humbled

Just wanna thank the fine Razorback fans & had a blast hanging out after the game! Nice to be appreciated for my fine work! #PennRules

Finalizing a nice deal for my own reality show called "Being Penn". Should be a monster hit! #PennRules

Ray Drew just sent me a Happy Birthday text! What a guy!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."