Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timeout management

Started by twistitup, October 13, 2014, 01:20:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Just like special teams, the small things can be very important - this includes timeout management. Hopefully we work out these issues before Saturday.

Go Hogs
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Kevin

cbb, please quit with on 4th down running up to the line like a fake, and burning one of your timeouts.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: twistitup on October 13, 2014, 01:20:06 pm
Just like special teams, the small things can be very important - this includes timeout management. Hopefully we work out these issues before Saturday.

Go Hogs

Twisstitup, I think Georgia is better than Bama. That does not mean the Hogs can't win with good time out management and limited turn overs. The Georgia favorite by only 2.5 sounds like it will be another close game.

twistitup

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 13, 2014, 01:23:31 pm
Twisstitup, I think Georgia is better than Bama. That does not mean the Hogs can't win with good time out management and limited turn overs. The Georgia favorite by only 2.5 sounds like it will be another close game.

It will very close in the 4th (what's new) and the outcome will be determined by a minor variable such as special teams or clock/timeout management

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: twistitup on October 13, 2014, 01:26:13 pm
It will very close in the 4th (what's new) and the outcome will be determined by a minor variable such as special teams or clock/timeout management

Twistitup, you know you can't count on Arkansas kickers so ST is already a loss

twistitup

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 13, 2014, 01:28:45 pm
Twistitup, you know you can't count on Arkansas kickers so ST is already a loss

We need to work on that area of our game but it's correctable....I think

Shorttimer

Quote from: Kevin on October 13, 2014, 01:21:12 pm
cbb, please quit with on 4th down running up to the line like a fake, and burning one of your timeouts.
The only other time this season I know for sure we ran that particular play, we didn't call a timeout . . . Texas A&M did.  I too would like to have had that timeout back, but that's not something we've repeatedly done.

Jackrabbit Hog

This is not a bash CBB post because I'm a huge supporter of his, but....

the time management thing has followed him here from Wisconsin.  Face it, it's just not the strong suit of his coaching skills.  Occasionally it will bite you, like it did Saturday night.

I'm in the camp of those that, in MOST situations, would take the 5 yard penalty rather than burn the time out.  A time out in your pocket late during a close game is worth more than a loss of 5 yards due to penalty in the middle of the third quarter.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Dropkick

I don't think we would have won if we had 7 timeouts left. We lack a playmaker at WR and a dependable kicker.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 13, 2014, 01:23:31 pm

?

You mean if Todd Gurley returns, right? Maybe that would be excusable.