Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it legal for Def Lineman to push under the facemask of Oline?

Started by three hog night, October 13, 2014, 08:18:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

three hog night

Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

MissippHog

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: three hog night on October 13, 2014, 08:18:00 am
If you watch the Bama game it is startling

No. O-Linemen can't push up on the face mask of D-Linemen/LB's either.
Go Hogs Go!

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

three hog night

The Bama def lineman were grabbing the bottom of the face masks of our Oline and shoving their heads back.  Robinson #86 was the worst as he was always doing it to Tretola and Skipper.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

hogfanfromlr

No, but commentators were as suprised as Hog fans after the replay

jbcarol

Barrett Sallee @BarrettSallee  ·  14 hours ago

"Offsetting illegal hands to the face." How, exactly? https://vine.co/v/OAVQD0qFJIl

[vine]OAVQD0qFJIl[/vine]
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jbcarol on October 13, 2014, 09:03:45 am
Barrett Sallee @BarrettSallee  ·  14 hours ago

"Offsetting illegal hands to the face." How, exactly? https://vine.co/v/OAVQD0qFJIl

That should have been a personal foul against Alabama alone. Clearly.

And if you look just to the right, #47 also gets his hands on the helmet in the vicinity of the facemask. It won't help us now, but some officials need to be publicly reprimanded and forced to sit out for a week or two.
Go Hogs Go!

3kgthog

His reputation precedes him and that's something many tried to tell people 2 weeks ago, but his blind loyalists didn't want to listen. Kick/trip a guy and get 1-2 penalties a game and you become infamous like that with officials.

revolution

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 13, 2014, 09:10:04 am
His reputation precedes him and that's something many tried to tell people 2 weeks ago, but his blind loyalists didn't want to listen. Kick/trip a guy and get 1-2 penalties a game and you become infamous like that with officials.
Which totally justifies the officials making up a penalty against him?  It must be a lot of fun to be an Establishment Apologist!  Don't worry about the truth or what you see with your own eyes - just believe whatever your betters tell you!

rzrbackrob

If we are to base it off the Bama game then the rule is if a defensive lineman grabs the face mask of an offensive lineman, then it is offsetting penalties.
Apparently, it is against the rules for an offensive lineman to let a defensive lineman touch the offensive lineman's face mask. Thus resulting in offsetting penalties.
Good is the enemy of great

HogScoutMaster

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Piggfoot

Well I saw it. That penalty is total BS. Unfortunately when that happens it takes the wind from your sails if the Ref totally makes up something.

PorkRinds

Such an idiotic statement.  He did NOTHING wrong.  Nothing justifies the refs making things up.

Cowtown Hog

You are right he did nothing. And showed great restraint in not responding.  But the poster is pointing out that unfortunately the previous weeks' penalties impact an official's judgment.  It's part of the human element of officiating.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Cowtown Hog on October 13, 2014, 09:35:01 am
You are right he did nothing. And showed great restraint in not responding.  But the poster is pointing out that unfortunately the previous weeks' penalties impact an official's judgment.  It's part of the human element of officiating.

That just means it's a crappy official.  Says nothing about Skipper.  Reputation should mean refs make things up to penalize you for.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on October 13, 2014, 09:13:02 am
I wanted Skipper to slap the taste out of his mouth

I agree!

Probably good I'm not the coach since I'd have probably told Skipper if he does that shite again you make him pay.

I don't care how but make sure he knows not to do it again and we'll deal with the consequences.

Send him and bama a message we're not taking their crap anymore!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

ricepig

As does your reputation, if you can call being a troll is that.....

onebadrubi

Quote from: Cowtown Hog on October 13, 2014, 09:35:01 am

BS.  Previous penalties had nothing to do with it, it was just the inept abilities of this referee crew.

Cowtown Hog

Certainly don't disagree rinds.  It does reflect on the official and not the kid.  But like all of us, when we make some bad choices it takes a while to out live those.

Officials do a lot of prepping to ready themselves for game day.  I wonder how much of that preparation infects their judgment.

Piggfoot

Why don't you man up and change your name to IHATETHEHOGS

Cowtown Hog

I wish it were the case that officials didn't carry in pre-judged opinions on players, programs, coaches, etc.  But the fact is they do.  You see it in every sport. 

Cowtown Hog

And, BTW, I think the way Skipper handled that situation is actually going to work in his favor with regard to officials in the future.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 13, 2014, 09:09:58 am
That should have been a personal foul against Alabama alone. Clearly.

And if you look just to the right, #47 also gets his hands on the helmet in the vicinity of the facemask. It won't help us now, but some officials need to be publicly reprimanded and forced to sit out for a week or two.
Public flogging. Then the stocks.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Nafunu32

I still believe any personal foul should be reviewable. 15 yards is a lot, and like others said, game changing.

SkeeterHawg

First time I have seen it since I couldn't watch the game.  It appears to me it is very possible Skippers right hand could have been in the guys face mask.  The DL appears to be looking straight up at the end of that play and may have been responding to a hand in the face.  Would have to see the other angle to know.

three hog night

Quote from: Cowtown Hog on October 13, 2014, 09:46:39 am
And, BTW, I think the way Skipper handled that situation is actually going to work in his favor with regard to officials in the future.

He is following his coaching from what I can see.  In previous games he would have blown up on the guy.

jbcarol

How to draw a flag:

Quote from: Doug on October 12, 2014, 04:44:15 pm
And here we thought the Arkansas State "Fainting Player" play was epic... wait til you see what LSU's #33 (Jamal Adams) does.

[vine]OAtiPggUiuY[/vine]
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: three hog night on October 13, 2014, 08:18:00 am
If you watch the Bama game it is startling

Auburn is even more dirty on that. Watch how scum dirty football they played on defense once they started losing.

rickm1976

Even with that in mind, there's no way an honest official could make that call against him.  That was blatant cheating for Bama.  The ref should be suspended, because there's no way you can watch that and try to say Skipper had any fault in it.