Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

North End Zone Speakers Too Loud

Started by ok hog fan, October 13, 2014, 08:15:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ok hog fan

Is anyone else (over 30 yrs old) irritated by the extremely loud bass from the north end zone speakers several times during the game. Same for the loud music. I am sure the students like this but they are not in the majority.

I would like to see a poll by the athletic dept. on entertainment at the game. The band has been great this year.

AllHog90

That music made the atmosphere the other night. It was also clear our players were feeding off of it. Loved it. So did my 50+ year old dad.

TheGreatHogsby

Quote from: ok hog fan on October 13, 2014, 08:15:34 am
Is anyone else (over 30 yrs old) irritated by the extremely loud bass from the north end zone speakers several times during the game. Same for the loud music. I am sure the students like this but they are not in the majority.

I would like to see a poll by the athletic dept. on entertainment at the game. The band has been great this year.
Some people complain about ANYTHING. Geez.

braxhog

Stadium atmosphere was the best it has been in years. The loud music is a huge part of that. Players and fans alike feed off of that. The cohesion between the music and the band is great. We were actually behind the times compared to many stadiums when it comes to piped in music. I love it....and I'm quite a bit past 30 years old.

ricepig

Quote from: braxhog on October 13, 2014, 10:07:51 am
Stadium atmosphere was the best it has been in years. The loud music is a huge part of that. Players and fans alike feed off of that. The cohesion between the music and the band is great. We were actually behind the times compared to many stadiums when it comes to piped in music. I love it....and I'm quite a bit past 30 years old.

Yep, great atmosphere, next thing you know someone will ask for the fans to remain seated.....

Joshua Michael Irwin

I think the music is cool, but, If you're standing just outside of the North End zone holding a camera, the speakers are so loud that it's physically painful. Not just for your ears, most of us are wearing plugs out there now, but the bass shakes your whole body. And it really hurts.

lstewart

I have no problem with the music, but they have had some sound system issues this season. It was better for the Bama game, but still some instances of "Bass Gone Wild". I don't know if their mix is bad, have a subwhoofer issue, or something, but at times there bass is very loud and distorted. It was horrible for the first couple of games... like half the stadium speakers were blown out and just distorting the bass track. Better for Bama, but it did get a little out of phase a couple of times. Frist two games sounded like my old 1973 Cougar with one of the door speakers blown out, but we still cranking up the Beatles.

wupigsuey

Quote from: Joshua Michael Irwin on October 13, 2014, 10:11:21 am
I think the music is cool, but, If you're standing just outside of the North End zone holding a camera, the speakers are so loud that it's physically painful. Not just for your ears, most of us are wearing plugs out there now, but the bass shakes your whole body. And it really hurts.

Put the camera down ;)
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Mike Irwin

The sound system has been bad since it was replaced when Razorback Stadium was expanded.

The speakers sound muddy. Admittedly my ears are blown out from too much noise over the years but I can still tell a good set of speakers from bad ones.

Torqued pork

No big deal. Loss of hearing is mother nature's remedy for extremely loud noise exposure.

TheGreatHogsby

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 13, 2014, 10:26:30 am
The sound system has been bad since it was replaced when Razorback Stadium was expanded.

The speakers sound muddy. Admittedly my ears are blown out from too much noise over the years but I can still tell a good set of speakers from bad ones.
Loud music goes with football. Sound System was fine by Me.

trippigs

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 13, 2014, 10:26:30 am

I agree. The distortion is evident in the south end.....must be terrible in the north end. They need some Klipsch.

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

I was on the lower west side sec 105 and to me it was not too loud. I actually remember thinking at one point that I wish the music was just a bit louder to be honest. It was about right to me, but then again I wasn't in the north end zone.

RazorPiggie

The atmosphere Saturday was awesome especially since it was a raining/cool night game. No complaints from our group.

Oh and Section 102 only sat down during Timeouts and halftime. I don't think anyone in the section was seated during a play.

Bigmac2

Quote from: trippigs on October 13, 2014, 10:35:00 am
I agree. The distortion is evident in the south end.....must be terrible in the north end. They need some Klipsch.

Have 'em come on down to Hope and we will hook 'em up with some good ones.

trippigs

You bet...loud and clear! And a good Arkansas product to boot.

AllHog90

the speakers are so loud that it's physically painful. Not just for your ears, most of us are wearing plugs out there now, but the bass shakes your whole body. And it really hurts.

the cost of doing business, brother!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 13, 2014, 10:29:35 am
Loud music goes with football. Sound System was fine by Me.

Loud music is fine and to be expected and desirable.....................constant "bass booms" is not loud music.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Ramtough

I don't remember any false starts by Bama. Watching on TV it seemed like the normal RRS crowd from a noise standpoint but I couldn't tell much about the sound system or music.

Donny2665

Here you go dude, man up!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

ricepig

Quote from: Ramtough on October 13, 2014, 01:55:53 pm
I don't remember any false starts by Bama. Watching on TV it seemed like the normal RRS crowd from a noise standpoint but I couldn't tell much about the sound system or music.

Turn your TV up, or go to the games to get the true experience to comment on.

Justifiable Hogicide

The music selections were much, much better.

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on October 13, 2014, 10:09:09 am
Yep, great atmosphere, next thing you know someone will ask for the fans to remain seated.....

Only on first and second down.

hoghevn

Those speakers cost us the game, that's what caused Kody Walker to fumble the pass thru the end-zone and all those dropped interceptions along with the missed field goal and blocked PAT. ;)
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

Ramtough

Quote from: ricepig on October 13, 2014, 01:59:44 pm
Turn your TV up, or go to the games to get the true experience to comment on.
Yea I've been there plenty of times it just seemed like the same as usually.

ricepig

Quote from: Ramtough on October 13, 2014, 02:10:27 pm
Yea I've been there plenty of times it just seemed like the same as usually.

Yet, you weren't there to know, gotcha.

Ramtough

You would be correct. I wasn't there Saturday to watch Bielema and Chaney throw another win away.

ricepig

Quote from: Ramtough on October 13, 2014, 02:13:53 pm
You would be correct. I wasn't there Saturday to watch Bielema and Chaney throw another win away.

So, your bitching about the noise level on your TV?

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Ramtough on October 13, 2014, 02:13:53 pm

Then how in the hell can you comment on the atmosphere?

bp

TheGreatHogsby

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 13, 2014, 01:35:48 pm
Loud music is fine and to be expected and desirable.....................constant "bass booms" is not loud music.
I really wasn't paying attention to the music. I was focused on watching.... Football.

RedRock

I'm 40 and loved every minute of the piped music.  It's all about the excitement and noise....that is atmosphere!

RazorbackRon

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 13, 2014, 02:27:09 pm
I really wasn't paying attention to the music. I was focused on watching.... Football.

Then my 58yro ears are better than your obviously younger ears.   All three of this years home games have had sound issues with the booming bass.  Each game has gotten better, sound quality wise, but there is still an obvious 'booming' sound at times.  As someone lese mentioned it sounds like a blown subwoofer.

Maybe the ones that don't hear the booming bass sit in the upper decks but it is definitely there if you sit in the lower sections.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

TheGreatHogsby

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 13, 2014, 04:27:59 pm
Then my 58yro ears are better than your obviously younger ears.   All three of this years home games have had sound issues with the booming bass.  Each game has gotten better, sound quality wise, but there is still an obvious 'booming' sound at times.  As someone lese mentioned it sounds like a blown subwoofer.

Maybe the ones that don't hear the booming bass sit in the upper decks but it is definitely there if you sit in the lower sections.
I don't go to the games to listen to the music. That would be a waste of My money.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 13, 2014, 04:34:52 pm
I don't go to the games to listen to the music. That would be a waste of My money.

I'm lucky I guess.  I can watch and listen at the same time.

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

TheGreatHogsby

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 13, 2014, 04:36:54 pm
I'm lucky I guess.  I can watch and listen at the same time.
I can do both, I choose not to. SA.

secfan30

tangman

The volume I can handle. The distortion is getting old.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: tangman on October 13, 2014, 04:55:47 pm
The volume I can handle. The distortion is getting old.

This is it.  I consider the noise coming out of the north end zone speakers to be distorted at times, others consider it to be 'volume' ... and then there's the guy who doesn't hear it because he's watching the game.

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

Jeremy T

I've sat in the upper deck, lower eastside and westside. I agree the speakers are bad up top, lower section is ok. With DJ Dean returning kicks, why not crank "go DJ" again? Worked well with Dennis Johnson. Need something before kickoffs. I think the atmosphere was good.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Bigmac2 on October 13, 2014, 12:42:34 pm
Have 'em come on down to Hope and we will hook 'em up with some good ones.

:) Not many here would catch that connection.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 13, 2014, 07:56:48 pm
:) Not many here would catch that connection.

Anyone that doesn't, doesn't know much about speakers.

Oklahawg

Posted this elsewhere.

Speakers are out of sync with the band, and that can be easily fixed. I am GLAD they have the band miked up.

The music was loud, but the bigger problem was the inconsistency of volume level. That should be tweaked during the week of the game - what needs to be adjusted up/down to blend.

The music was used effectively - it shut down the Bama band. If I have to listen to a visiting band let it be UGA or Bama, but I'd rather listen to our band.

BTW, I thought the cheer squads and band were primed for the big game and did not disappoint. Band sound is the best it has been in two decades.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 13, 2014, 08:26:14 pm
Posted this elsewhere.

Speakers are out of sync with the band, and that can be easily fixed. I am GLAD they have the band miked up.

The music was loud, but the bigger problem was the inconsistency of volume level. That should be tweaked during the week of the game - what needs to be adjusted up/down to blend.

The problem is we only have 6 home (RRS) games and we are already half way through that schedule.  The sound for the Bama game was better than the other two but how long is it going to take?

and as already mentioned in another thread, the band has been the best this year than any other time I can remember.

ppdmike

I loved it, if you don't like it come and set with the me and the pheasants at 50,000ft......not near as loud.
"Credit should go with the performance of duty, and not with what is very often the accident of glory." -T.Roosevelt