Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is a process

Started by jvanhorn, October 12, 2014, 11:54:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jvanhorn

There really is no short cut.  Those of you that live in the Springdale area and have been watching the Royals AA club have been first hand witnesses to how that works.  The Royals had good young players come up, but first they had to learn that they were good enough to play in the Majors, they they had to learn how to win at that level.  Fortunately for the Royals they seemed to have learned that lesson at just the right time.

The Razorbacks have some good young players and, no doubt, they will have even more next year, but they will have to learn that they are good enough to play at this level.  They have done that to some extent already but, obviously, and painfully, they have not yet learned how to win at this level.

You have to be patient. They will get there,  but there is a process and learning curve that they have to go thru, but once they get there not only will the winning be more sweet, but it should continue.  The Royals are continuing to restock their farm system an Beleima is building depth.  Depth in this level of playing is just essential, otherwise you are just one injury away from disaster.

Am I disappointed--sure, but I am not discouraged.  I don't think many thought we would beat Alabama this year, but the competitive and desire and up grade in talent is obvious.  Just not quite fully cooked yet.