Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final 10

Started by IBleedRazorbackRed, October 12, 2014, 10:36:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IBleedRazorbackRed

Mostly because I'm bored on a Sunday night, here's my way too early prediction on our finish:

1. WR D Reed
1. OL J Barnett
3. OL T Howell
4. LB/DE R Walker
5. LB K Jackson
6. LB D Gragam
7. LB/S D Greenlaw
8. CB S Redwine
9. CB R Pulley
10. S K Johnson

PantherHog733

1. J. Barnett
2. Pettway
3. Greenlaw
4. Redwine
5. Raymond
6. Graham
7. R. Walker
8. Haughton
9. P. Allen
10. Mbasanor

greenie

Both of those lists look great. I'd be happy with either. 

One thing that will be interesting to watch is how things end up with Reed and Pettway.  Its a little curious that something hasn't already happened with either of them.

ARtillahog

Quote from: PantherHog733 on October 12, 2014, 10:59:07 pm
1. J. Barnett
2. Pettway
3. Greenlaw
4. Redwine
5. Raymond
6. Graham
7. R. Walker
8. Haughton
9. P. Allen
10. Mbasanor

Is that a wish or do you really think he flips from OU?

Tim Harris

Even though personally I don't know that we need another RB I think we will take one.

Huds_HawgTide

With williams tearing it up and no doubt gonna get a fourth star id rather take reed and pettway  instead of another RB
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

The_Iceman

There is a chance Jonathan Williams goes to the NFL after this season. If that happens, we will need 2 RB's in this class.

Huds_HawgTide

Nah...korliss and juan and denzell will do nicely behind collins
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

However if we are to get a game changer like collins then i will take a second
tommy boy

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 13, 2014, 11:42:01 am
There is a chance Jonathan Williams goes to the NFL after this season. If that happens, we will need 2 RB's in this class.

Not really. We'd still have Collins, Marshall, Evans, Day, Williams.

Walker, Colquitt, & Jones at FB.

bigred223

I do not feel comfortable at all with Marshall being the number 2 back if Williams leaves. He has shown nothing other than the ability to run really fast in a straight line.

Uncommon

I really hope we get our 4 official visitors:
OL Patrick Allen
OL Jalin Barnett
LB Derrick Graham
DB Kahlil Haughton

KeithStone

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on October 13, 2014, 12:44:43 pm
Nah...korliss and juan and denzell will do nicely behind collins

It's discovered AC is being paid for autographs
Korliss goes down with an ACL/MCL
Juan is suspended for missing a practice

Denzell gets the first 4 carries of the game, goes for 24 yds, then we put Dan Skipper back there to spell Denzell?

BrianWPS!!

What has korliss shown to prove that he is a viable option for the 2 rb?? Maybe I'm missing something here

CDBHawg

Quote from: KeithStone on October 13, 2014, 02:42:59 pm

Denzell gets the first 4 carries of the game, goes for 24 yds, then we put Dan Skipper back there to spell Denzell?

No. You'd put Kody Walker or Raleigh Williams.

KeithStone

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 13, 2014, 02:47:41 pm
No. You'd put Kody Walker or Raleigh Williams.

Now you've missed the point, UGA had 5 guys on the depth chart and they're one injury or suspension away from having open tryouts at the intramural fields.  That's for the rest of the season, one injury or suspension away with 6 games to go.  I have a feeling God will be hearing a lot of prayers regarding Nick Chubb for the next month and a half!

CDBHawg

Quote from: KeithStone on October 13, 2014, 03:10:06 pm
Now you've missed the point, UGA had 5 guys on the depth chart and they're one injury or suspension away from having open tryouts at the intramural fields.  That's for the rest of the season, one injury or suspension away with 6 games to go.  I have a feeling God will be hearing a lot of prayers regarding Nick Chubb for the next month and a half!

Good thing we'll have 8 scholarship backs next year. 7 if Williams leaves.

ZERO

Quote from: KeithStone on October 13, 2014, 03:10:06 pm

That's a pretty vast freak occurrence. Theoretically, that same thing could happen to any position, or even the entire team.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Wildhog

If we could finish like this, I would be VERY happy.

1. Redwine
2. Sotolongo
3. Carr/Higdon
4. P Allen
5. Merrick
6. Barnett
7. Graham
8. Walker
9. K Johnson
10. Pettway

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

CDBHawg

Quote from: ZERO on October 13, 2014, 06:10:05 pm
That's a pretty vast freak occurrence. Theoretically, that same thing could happen to any position, or even the entire team.

Exactly.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on October 13, 2014, 06:19:36 pm

1. Redwine
2. Sotolongo
3. Carr/Higdon
4. P Allen
5. Merrick
6. Barnett
7. Graham
8. Walker
9. K Johnson
10. Pettway

Huds_HawgTide

Yep i wish we had more linebackers with ellis out this weekend
tommy boy

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Wildhog on October 13, 2014, 06:19:36 pm

1. Redwine
2. Sotolongo
3. Carr/Higdon
4. P Allen
5. Merrick
6. Barnett
7. Graham
8. Walker
9. K Johnson
10. Pettway

In my opinion, we need at least 3 lb'ers and personally I want at least 2 cbs

Wildhog

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on October 14, 2014, 08:25:13 am
In my opinion, we need at least 3 lb'ers and personally I want at least 2 cbs

Yeah, I thought about CB Jeremiah Dinson after I posted that.  He would take Kylan Johnson's spot in my perfect world. 

Greenlaw will probably also commit, so I don't know whose spot he takes.  I think we need three more OL.

1909/1964/1965/1977

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Wildhog on October 14, 2014, 08:48:05 am
Yeah, I thought about CB Jeremiah Dinson after I posted that.  He would take Kylan Johnson's spot in my perfect world. 

Greenlaw will probably also commit, so I don't know whose spot he takes.  I think we need three more OL.

Honestly, I think 1 would be enough, but I don't see us turning down Barnett. I think Howell commits and then they're done unless Barnett wants to join. That would give us a center, 2 tackles, and possibly 2 guards this class.

Wildhog

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on October 14, 2014, 09:01:13 am
Honestly, I think 1 would be enough, but I don't see us turning down Barnett. I think Howell commits and then they're done unless Barnett wants to join. That would give us a center, 2 tackles, and possibly 2 guards this class.

Not enough.  We don't know how Zach Rogers will recover from his latest injury, or if he'll be injury prone at Arkansas, too.  Colton Jackson seems like a bit of a project.

We need HIGH SCHOOL OT's desperately right now.  Howell wouldn't be a bad stop-gap, but we need some long-term solutions.  I don't want to hear CBB talking about depth on the OL in 2016.

1909/1964/1965/1977

1highhog

The way things look, we just landed Dre as our 16th commit, I'd like to add another Solid LB that's ready to play, two OL, two wide receivers that can actually stretch the field and get open, two CB's, two DL, and a RB.  That puts us at 26 I know, and I think we can on,y sign 25 this year, but things work themselves out.  We need what I listed to me, especially another RB, to me, we'll lose JWill this year.  He's the best we have currently, and Collins has taken a step back this year, and to me Marshall is not a RB, he's great with the ball in his hands as a returner, but just doesn't have all the needed tools a good RB needs to be successful.  He'd be better suited for the defensive side and doing returns, this season to me has been a waste for him.

jackflash

I still believe 6 or 7 of the last 9 position. Will go to LB or DB. To me one of the biggest needs for the Hogs is speed at the Safety position.

trashcan maN

LaMichael Pettway
Charles West
Kylan Johnson
Derrick Graham
Dominique Reed
Sheldrick Redwine
Porter Gustin (surprised he hasnt made more lists ITT)
Reggie Walker
Jalen Merrick

Bielema seems to pick a player in each class (Collins/Solomon Thomas) that he personally recruits and goes after until NSD. Each of the last 2 classes we have been in excellent shape right until the end with these guys. He seems to be putting a personal effort out with the Gustin kid and communicating with him directly on a regular basis. I think we'll snag Gustin as our utility D player BB mentioned in his presser. That 230-240 pound player, that can play multiple positions on defense, that we are lacking.

Peter Porker

Quote from: KeithStone on October 13, 2014, 02:42:59 pm

Juan would be the last kid to get suspended for anything.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Now that we're down to 8 spots left, I'm gonna edit my list. I think we need another rb too, but I'm not sure who you remove to make space for a rb. But anyways, 2 ways to look at it now.

If reed qualifies:

1. Wr reed
2. OL merrick
3. OL Barnett
4. Dt English
5. Lb walker
6. Lb graham
7. CB Redwine
8. S Johnson

If reed doesn't qualify:
1. OL merrick
2. OL Barnett
3. Dt English
4. Lb graham
5. Lb walker
6. CB Redwine
7. S Johnson
8. S sotolonga

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on October 27, 2014, 10:36:18 am
Now that we're down to 8 spots left, I'm gonna edit my list. I think we need another rb too, but I'm not sure who you remove to make space for a rb. But anyways, 2 ways to look at it now.

If reed qualifies:

1. Wr reed
2. OL merrick
3. OL Barnett
4. Dt English
5. Lb walker
6. Lb graham
7. CB Redwine
8. S Johnson

If reed doesn't qualify:
1. OL merrick
2. OL Barnett
3. Dt English
4. Lb graham
5. Lb walker
6. CB Redwine
7. S Johnson
8. S sotolonga

like both of those lists

sickboy

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on October 27, 2014, 10:36:18 am

If reed qualifies:

1. Wr reed
2. OL merrick
3. OL Barnett
4. Dt English
5. Lb walker
6. Lb graham
7. CB Redwine
8. S Johnson

If reed doesn't qualify:
1. OL merrick
2. OL Barnett
3. Dt English
4. Lb graham
5. Lb walker
6. CB Redwine
7. S Johnson
8. S sotolonga

I may be wrong, but I just don't think we need another running back this year. There are always solid RBs and we can grab an extra back next year if we need. We've, more than likely, got Williams for another year... Collins, Juan Day, Korliss Marshall, Kody Walker and Denzell Evans coming back. If Juan Day pans out, then even if Williams leaves, we should be OK.

As for your predictions... yes. Sign those guys up. That would be a fantastic finish. I personally hope Reed qualifies and we finish with that group, but would be completely happy with Sotolonga.

Bubba's Bruisers

Goodness, I'd think we'd be looking for 2 S's in this class.  And I agree that RB isn't as critical as other positions unless he's a stud.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

sickboy

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 27, 2014, 11:44:07 am
Goodness, I'd think we'd be looking for 2 S's in this class.  And I agree that RB isn't as critical as other positions unless he's a stud.

This guy just decommitted from Baylor and was going to visit Arkansas before he committed to the Bears.

http://247sports.com/Player/Montrel-Wilson-53107

Tim Harris

Out of what is left I would like to see 3 of spots go to DBs and 2 LBs.  After that just get the best player you can regardless of position.

scruf

We need Haughton and Gustin. Both would start from day one. That's not even speculation.

hogville38

Quote from: BrianWPS!! on October 13, 2014, 02:46:35 pm
What has korliss shown to prove that he is a viable option for the 2 rb?? Maybe I'm missing something here
Why not? Don't know how anyone can say either way. He has only had a small number of carries.

hogville38

Quote from: 1highhog on October 24, 2014, 11:15:28 am
The way things look, we just landed Dre as our 16th commit, I'd like to add another Solid LB that's ready to play, two OL, two wide receivers that can actually stretch the field and get open, two CB's, two DL, and a RB.  That puts us at 26 I know, and I think we can on,y sign 25 this year, but things work themselves out.  We need what I listed to me, especially another RB, to me, we'll lose JWill this year.  He's the best we have currently, and Collins has taken a step back this year, and to me Marshall is not a RB, he's great with the ball in his hands as a returner, but just doesn't have all the needed tools a good RB needs to be successful.  He'd be better suited for the defensive side and doing returns, this season to me has been a waste for him.
I still don't know how anyone would know if Korless has it or not. He has only had a handful of carries. I think people are writing him off a little to soon a rb in my opinion of course.

scooby21322

Do we really need a 4th WR (Reed) in this class?  We already had 4 in last year's class...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on October 13, 2014, 11:20:14 am
With williams tearing it up and no doubt gonna get a fourth star id rather take reed and pettway  instead of another RB

This.. We need some big WR's....
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

IBleedRazorbackRed

With rb, I feel like it's a big need because Williams may go pro and korliss is one mistake away from being back home. With reed, I think he brings a complete different dimension to our receiving group. He's a legit tall, fast deep threat. If he qualifies, I'm thinking pettway gets a long look at safety.

AugustaHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 27, 2014, 11:44:07 am
I'm under the assumption that Pettway is being looked at as a 2 way player, with S being a possibility for him.  I would think this is definitely the case, if we get Reed.  If Pettway truly is a S, I am guessing that we only take one more S with Haughton being the priority.  If they just view Pettway as a project that could go anywhere, then they may take Johnson and Haughton to ensure the back end is solidified.

East TN HAWG

I don't think Reed will make it to the hill.  We are very tight on offensive numbers, and we need defensive help.  I think we take two OL Barnett/ Merrik, and the rest will be on the defensive side.

ArKan5a5 KiD

From everything i've heard if Reed makes the grades he has a committable offer and will be a Razorback IF he has his grades in order.

Scott7703

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on October 27, 2014, 03:20:45 pm
From everything i've heard if Reed makes the grades he has a committable offer and will be a Razorback IF he has his grades in order.

This is my understanding as well and yes you take reed if he qualifies no questions asked.

I'm usually really optimistic but as of today I see no way we get Gustin.

CDBHawg

3 OL
2 LB
1 DT
1 DB
1 WR - Reed

If Reed doesn't qualify, then add another DB.