Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game thoughts from person/tape

Started by Piglet Dispersion Syndrome, October 12, 2014, 04:52:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

Finished replay after being at game last night.

Starting with positives:

Trey Flowers and Darius Philon are ALL SEC no doubt. Don't even think about running to their side. They owned the LOS.
Spaight and Ellis did good job getting off/around blocks in run support.
Safeties and corners were adequate at being around the football and severely limiting Amari Cooper.
Effort was tremendous!
Crowd was a solid B, good job with pumping in music, no annoying ads, videos nice, smoke was cool at entry b/c of the damp weather.......with 2010 Alabama game being my Hog gold standard, (2nd only to Neyland UT-Hogs 1998 for loudness)
Jwill is a wonderful RB, tough tough tough
Derby is really an incredible story to be so poor as a QB to a potential NFL TE IMO.
BA did enough, handled blitzes better than I've seen this year, made a couple big plays with his legs.
No drops on WRs that I can remember. hunter Henry was SOLID.

Negatives:

Catch the darn football when they throw it straight to you! I'm sorry that is Mickey Mouse ridiculous. Mitchell, Turner...come on man. That's a minimum of 7pts off the board.
Kody Walker please tuck the ball after u catch it. 7 pts off the board for us.

We had two weeks to "open up the kicking game" for that.? Average high schools can do the fundamentals.

O line met their match in physicality. Very few holes all night.

Collins cost us as he was unprepared during the week, then makes up for it by being loose with the ball in our own end after a great stop by the D. That cost us 7pts and we had the momentum. He just didn't come to play IMO mentally and by watching his body language. he's too valuable to do that.

After recalling Florida in '07, and seeing him in action, Penn Wagers is a tool. The way he was getting in our guys faces when we are playing to the whistle to his demeanor to our coaches, I truly believe the guy and his crew are biased approaching unethical. I don't say that flippantly. Not the reason we lost by any means, but another struggle we have to overcome.

BA continues to sail high on too many passes.

Too few routes to middle of field, WR were in blankets most of the night. We need like 2 KJ Hills and then some, zero game breakers as we all know, but we you can see the whole field, it really shows how remarkable it was that BA completed so many first downs on 3rd and long.

Coach please NEVER act like you are going to fake a punt from 4th and 6 on your 20 yard line only to burn a timeout we needed at the end of the game. I can't EVER remember that "we will get them to jump" play working in MY Life.

Coach Shannon, your LB's suck at covering backs out of the backfield! Too many people looking into the backfield instead of covering the guy that runs right by you. Too late to recognize, too late to react, poor communication, it was really the biggest weakness of our defense last night part from dropping easy picks. It's a shame because it should be so correctable.

Overall, I'm a hog fan through thick and thin, and I say just "keep punching Apollo" (that's a Rocky ref for u youngins)
You'd have to say we have the best fan base of a team with 15 straight losses, so I'm still believing we  got the right guys to break through...

:razorback: WPS until Georgia, see you in the Rock! Let's do this.

hobhog

Agree 100%.

I do think we quit on run game again and eventually would have broken one, but I'll defer to experts.

And yes, Collins owes team apology. He was missed early and cost us a score. Hope he learned from it and leads by example going forward.

Quote from: hobhog on October 12, 2014, 04:56:02 pm
Agree 100%.

I do think we quit on run game again and eventually would have broken one, but I'll defer to experts.

And yes, Collins owes team apology. He was missed early and cost us a score. Hope he learned from it and leads by example going

forward.

Well said, I would hope he would take it personal and bounce back next week with a big game.

HogFanatic

I would think that Collins WILL have a big game this week.

I know Gurley won't play, but Alex will still be wanting to show everyone that HE is the best back in the SEC.

This game is going to be a lot of fun to watch. Arkansas gets over the hump and THROTTLES Georgia in Little Rock.

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 12, 2014, 09:13:38 pm
I would think that Collins WILL have a big game this week.

I know Gurley won't play, but Alex will still be wanting to show everyone that HE is the best back in the SEC.

This game is going to be a lot of fun to watch. Arkansas gets over the hump and THROTTLES Georgia in Little Rock.

I don't think Collins is the best back on his own team, but that's not knocking him, that's just because Jwill is a beast.

I am betting Collins big this week too. $$ :)