Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A couple of plays that stick out

Started by swinesation, October 12, 2014, 03:52:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

swinesation

Both of Bama TD's happened when Sims scrambled and our LBers abandoned their coverages in pursuit of the QB.

The first TD was a little more understandable - the LBers had to go stop Sims. It almost looks like it was designed to do exactly what it did.

On Bama's second TD, Bama has the ball at the start of the fourth quarter. Hogs are up 13-7. It's third and 3 at Arkansas six yard line. Sims scrambles, we've got the play covered. He has nowhere to go. Mitchell leaves #4 wide open to stop a Sims run that had no chance anyway. That play shouldn't have happened. Bama most likely would have kicked a field goal.

On BA's interception, our WRs were painfully covered up (a common problem for us). He actually made the right choice with that pass. If you watch the replay, if BA had thrown the ball a couple of feet further, it would have probably been six. Williams had a couple of steps on the defender. Not really saying BA royally screwed up here. That's a tough pass to execute, and the defender made a great play.

showme

Quote from: swinesation on October 12, 2014, 03:52:22 pm
On Bama's second TD, Bama has the ball at the start of the fourth quarter. Hogs are up 13-7. It's third and 3 at Arkansas six yard line. Sims scrambles, we've got the play covered. He has nowhere to go. Mitchell leaves #4 wide open to stop a Sims run that had no chance anyway. That play shouldn't have happened. Bama most likely would have kicked a field goal.

I'm sure he is a great kid and student but Mitchell should be nowhere near the playing field in an SEC game. His mental mistakes have cost us so many points over the last 3 years.

swinesation

Quote from: showme on October 12, 2014, 04:57:56 pm
I'm sure he is a great kid and student but Mitchell should be nowhere near the playing field in an SEC game. His mental mistakes have cost us so many points over the last 3 years.

According to the participation guide from the game, we started three cornerbacks and two LBers (Spaight and Ellis). Not sure if Mitchell was in there for one of those two, or if we had three LBers on a third and three. Also not sure if Mitchell is playing ahead of Ramsey or not?

Wildhog

Thought I saw Josh Williams out there quite a bit.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Actually on the second TD they scored BB had ran about 25yds on the field to call a TO because the defense was confused and not aligned right.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Danny J

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on October 12, 2014, 06:12:29 pm
Actually on the second TD they scored BB had ran about 25yds on the field to call a TO because the defense was confused and not aligned right.

kodiakisland

The two plays that stick out to me are our fumble in the 1st quarter and our fumble in the 2nd.  Those 2 plays were a 14 point swing.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on October 12, 2014, 06:12:29 pm

This. The other play that was ridiculous was the offsetting penalty called against Skipper when he stood there as the other guy pushed him in the throat twice. Grrrrr Penn Wagers. Hard to tell who is worse between him and Mark Curles.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: swinesation on October 12, 2014, 03:52:22 pm
On BA's interception, our WRs were painfully covered up (a common problem for us). He actually made the right choice with that pass. If you watch the replay, if BA had thrown the ball a couple of feet further, it would have probably been six. Williams had a couple of steps on the defender. Not really saying BA royally screwed up here. That's a tough pass to execute, and the defender made a great play.

I agree. He took a shot to win the game. I'm okay with that. Didn't work. Good decision. He just underthrew the pass.

kodiakisland

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on October 12, 2014, 06:20:58 pm
This. The other play that was ridiculous was the offsetting penalty called against Skipper when he stood there as the other guy pushed him in the throat twice. Grrrrr Penn Wagers. Hard to tell who is worse between him and Mark Curles.

Wagers I think is just inept.  Curles is crooked.  Results about the same.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/