Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Klint Harvey walk-on?

Started by redeye, October 12, 2014, 03:47:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

October 12, 2014, 03:47:33 pm Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 04:11:20 pm by redeye
Anyone know anything?  Saw something suggesting he may be looking to walk on at Arkansas.  He's a 6'6 320lb OT from Corning, AR.

http://247sports.com/Player/Klint-Harvey-33408

Update: Note that it mentions him committing to Arkansas in the timeline section on his profile page.

MH04

onebadrubi

Thats what we call DEPTH!  He will be a redshirt player and these are the types of 3rd and 4th year players that put this system over the top. 

SemperFi

How impressive that we're getting a 3 star as walkon. A year or two with Coach Herbert and Sam Pittman and I bet this kid earns a schollie. Congrats to the young man and I hope to see you pancaking your way thru the SEC soon. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

lumphog

Quote from: SemperFi on October 12, 2014, 05:34:30 pm
How impressive that we're getting a 3 star as walkon. A year or two with Coach Herbert and Sam Pittman and I bet this kid earns a schollie. Congrats to the young man and I hope to see you pancaking your way thru the SEC soon. WPS!
LOVE this staff......I'm very proud of this team & what they've done in such a short time......CBB "WILL" get it done.

redeye

Quote from: SemperFi on October 12, 2014, 05:34:30 pm

Very true.  If you averaged the rating for MSU's starters, I think you'd come up with a number not much higher then the 81 given to Harvey.  MSU, of course, is the #1 team in the nation and earned that ranking on the field.

onebadrubi

Quote from: redeye on October 12, 2014, 06:41:07 pm
Very true.  If you averaged the rating for MSU's starters, I think you'd come up with a number not much higher then the 81 given to Harvey.  MSU, of course, is the #1 team in the nation and earned that ranking on the field.

They have a solid D, but their ranking is revolved around 1 player, Dak Prescott.  No correlation is relevant

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

WBC Hog

I've been watching this kid for a few years. I went to college with his brother at Williams Baptist. His brother (Kyle) was the star basketball player for WBC. He actually had a tryout in the summer of 2013 with the Indiana Pacers. He now plays pro ball in Australia. The guy can absolutely jump out of the gym. And that athleticism runs in the family!

I really hope this guy makes it on campus!

redeye

Quote from: WBC Hog on October 12, 2014, 10:38:41 pm
I've been watching this kid for a few years. I went to college with his brother at Williams Baptist. His brother (Kyle) was the star basketball player for WBC. He actually had a tryout in the summer of 2013 with the Indiana Pacers. He now plays pro ball in Australia. The guy can absolutely jump out of the gym. And that athleticism runs in the family!

I really hope this guy makes it on campus!

Thanks WBC!

RICKHOGHEAD

Adam Stokes

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Ethan2010

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 12, 2014, 08:39:09 pm
They have a solid D, but their ranking is revolved around 1 player, Dak Prescott.  No correlation is relevant

Because a very experienced and physical offensive line.... Solid skill players and top notch coaching and development have nothing to do with it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Ethan2010 on October 13, 2014, 09:47:32 am
Because a very experienced and physical offensive line.... Solid skill players and top notch coaching and development have nothing to do with it.

Without presscot they are a 15-25 team, and probably don't beat aurburn.

redeye

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 13, 2014, 10:19:54 am
Without presscot they are a 15-25 team, and probably don't beat aurburn.

That's likely true, but how would MSU fair with a crummy OL and a porous defense?  He's not winning games by himself.

onebadrubi

Quote from: redeye on October 13, 2014, 07:57:58 pm
That's likely true, but how would MSU fair with a crummy OL and a porous defense?  He's not winning games by himself.

No he's not, but without him they are the same they always are.  A middle tier occasional top 25 team.