Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-3 is where I thought this team would be after the Alabama game

Started by Lanny, October 12, 2014, 11:47:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

The Texas A&M game may bite the hogs in the butt later when trying to reach six wins.  The Mississippi schools are alot better than I expected however Arkansas could go 2-0 playing SEC East teams..........hmmmm

I would take that in a heartbeat
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

RazorbackRon

Agreed.  I had us 3-3 and beating UAB, LSU and Missouri to finish 6-6.  Still think thats possible but no matter what ...... I will be at every game in RRS and WMS.

Go Hogs
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

DOGALUM

Not only did most have us at 3-3 here, but VERY FEW thought we would play our losses as tough as we have.  "Alabama.....that's a definite loss"was the prediction.   

I hate losing as much as anyone, but to say that I am not extremely impressed with this team and coaching staff would be a lie.  WAY ahead of schedule.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

ATLHog

Yup, 3-3 here as well. Bama loss is tough to take- but not nearly as tough as A&M. However, I do think Hogs will go 2-0 against east opponent-

bphi11ips

I had us 4-2 and am surprised we lost to A&M.  But we are a LOT better than I thought we'd be on defense and think we can win 4 or 5 of the last 6. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: wupigsuey on October 12, 2014, 11:56:08 am
I still think we're better than our record.

We could be a top-10 team this year and finish with a losing record.  The SEC-W is that strong.  I can't think of a team out of conference that we couldn't beat.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Baller

If we played in any other conference, we'd be ranked in the top-25 right now.

Baller

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 12, 2014, 11:58:33 am
We could be a top-10 team this year and finish with a losing record.  The SEC-W is that strong.  I can't think of a team out of conference that we couldn't beat.

FSU?

Bebop

I more upset about the A&M game than the Bama game, even though we didn't do well in the fourth quarter in both.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 12, 2014, 11:55:41 am
...I hate losing as much as anyone, but to say that I am not extremely impressed with this team and coaching staff would be a lie.  WAY ahead of schedule.

You are correct. Very easily 5-1, including two wins against highly ranked teams.

" GO HOGS "

Hawghiggs

This is what I expected up until now. With that said. We will beat Georgia(35-17). We will also win against Mizzou and LSU.

RunHogruN

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 12, 2014, 11:58:01 am
I had us 4-2 and am surprised we lost to A&M.  But we are a LOT better than I thought we'd be on defense and think we can win 4 or 5 of the last 6.

The Defense is showing great stride in the improvement category.  The hire by CBB of Clay Jennings is paying off.  The CBs are covering great and reacting instinctively.  The weakness that we thought our Defense will have this year is actually becoming it's strength.  Cooper who by everyone has been saying was the best WR we will face this year was nullified thanks in large part to the play of the CBs and as well as the pressure put by the line on Sims all night.  I think the pieces are falling in to place.  A lot of our fans are frustrated and I can't blame them, but I will take progress over no progression. It is obvious with the Defense. The offense needs more work especially with the passing game.   
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

three hog night

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 12, 2014, 11:55:41 am
Not only did most have us at 3-3 here, but VERY FEW thought we would play our losses as tough as we have.  "Alabama.....that's a definite loss"was the prediction.   

I hate losing as much as anyone, but to say that I am not extremely impressed with this team and coaching staff would be a lie.  WAY ahead of schedule.

most level headed fans see it this way, but the people that have agendas and too much time on their hands over load the board with trash posts.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

three hog night

Quote from: Baller on October 12, 2014, 11:59:12 am
If we played in any other conference, we'd be ranked in the top-25 right now.

We would be neck and neck with OU in the Big 12
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Theolesnort

Quote from: RunHogruN on October 12, 2014, 12:23:27 pm
The Defense is showing great stride in the improvement category.  The hire by CBB of Clay Jennings is paying off.  The CBs are covering great and reacting instinctively.  The weakness that we thought our Defense will have this year is actually becoming it's strength.  Cooper who by everyone has been saying was the best WR we will face this year was nullified thanks in large part to the play of the CBs and as well as the pressure put by the line on Sims all night.  I think the pieces are falling in to place.  A lot of our fans are frustrated and I can't blame them, but I will take progress over no progression. It is obvious with the Defense. The offense needs more work especially with the passing game.   
This is a process and the improvement is nice but we live in a want it now society. Most everyone expected a long drawn out process when this began but Bielema is making better strides than thought so most every ones expectations rose several notches and now we are hearing the griping about a team and coaching staff that is far out in front of the original expectations. A lot of our fans have lost perspective and instead of giving commendation when due have a very nasty attitude about what is happening. When the program ripens it will be more the sweeter for those who have waited for it to happen. This team has lost 3 games in SEC play not 15. The first year was on Smith and last year was on getting the team out of the ditch. The A&M loss was weird but the other two were to top teams. Yes being so close is disappointing but it is what it is.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Nafunu32

Everyone penciled in losses to ATM and bama. Why call for the coach's head when they play them close and should have won? Give him time... Geez. He's making more with less.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Lanny on October 12, 2014, 11:47:40 am
The Texas A&M game may bite the hogs in the butt later when trying to reach six wins.  The Mississippi schools are alot better than I expected however Arkansas could go 2-0 playing SEC East teams..........hmmmm

I would take that in a heartbeat

UGa is the key now.  Arkansas will get at least a split with LSU and MU.  Win next week and they will make the six.  Lose and they have to sweep the last two.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: three hog night on October 12, 2014, 12:42:05 pm
It is sad that board traffic means more than protecting the program from the agenda driven posters.

+10000
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on October 12, 2014, 12:47:01 pm
UGa is the key now.  Arkansas will get at least a split with LSU and MU.  Win next week and they will make the six.  Lose and they have to sweep the last two.
We have a much better chance of beating LSU and Missouri than we have of beating Georgia. They are playing really well right now and appear to be on their way to the East Division championship. I think it's now very likely that we will not make a bowl game until next season. No one expected the two Mississippi schools to be the best two teams in the conference. We obviously haven't been able to win the last two games which were practically gift-wrapped for us. Coach Bielema is a great coach and I believe he'll get it turned around eventually. He isn't going anywhere until after year five anyway so all the folks who are bothered by this should go find other more positive activities to participate in on Saturdays.

Redhogs

It is sad that board traffic means more than protecting the program from the agenda driven posters.
Stop with the agenda crap....you post it in every thread in one form or another..others are allowed to have opinions different from yours...like it or not.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

WarPig88

It's even sadder that you feel the need to post this in every thread on the first page.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 12, 2014, 11:50:36 am
Agreed.  I had us 3-3 and beating UAB, LSU and Missouri to finish 6-6.  Still think thats possible but no matter what ...... I will be at every game in RRS and WMS.

Go Hogs

Yep, 6-6 was/is my expectation this year. I also think we can beat UAB, LSU, and Mizzou to get there.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hellwonthaveme

Dude.....you need to stop with the agenda driven and board traffic is more important drivel....You have posted it no less than 10 times today.

Fact is, we have improved immensely but people are going to point out what they see as mistakes. I haven't seen one poster calling for Bielema to be fired...What I have seen is people questioning play calls, questioning QB decisions, questioning Refs and questioning why we are 0-6 in SEC games when we lead at half.

All things that are going to be discussed on a...........message board. You are going to have people who are blind followers, people who lean toward total support, people in the middle and people who are blind haters in almost every thread on every message board anywhere......

Give it a rest brotha

PRJ

jkstock04

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 12, 2014, 02:41:36 pm
Dude.....you need to stop with the agenda driven and board traffic is more important drivel....You have posted it no less than 10 times today.

Fact is, we have improved immensely but people are going to point out what they see as mistakes. I haven't seen one poster calling for Bielema to be fired...What I have seen is people questioning play calls, questioning QB decisions, questioning Refs and questioning why we are 0-6 in SEC games when we lead at half.

All things that are going to be discussed on a...........message board. You are going to have people who are blind followers, people who lean toward total support, people in the middle and people who are blind haters in almost every thread on every message board anywhere......

Give it a rest brotha

PRJ
Good points....I don't want Bielema fired, I just wanna win football games. Especially games seemingly winnable in the moment.

I'm so sick of watching this team lose...all we do is lose and do so in choking games away late in the game.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Iwastherein1969

have you ever listened to Bill Parcell's explain a team....he says, "you are what your record says you are."   I find that to cut meat right to the bone...we are 3-0 against cupcakes and 0-3 against our peers...draw what conclusions you will
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 12, 2014, 02:51:23 pm
have you ever listened to Bill Parcell's explain a team....he says, "you are what your record says you are."   I find that to cut meat right to the bone...we are 3-0 against cupcakes and 0-3 against our peers...draw what conclusions you will

We are close....and I actually mean that tongue in cheek and in all dead seriousness at the same time.....

The duality is a B***h....

PRJ

Baller

Razor1997

No question about that.  Assuming the Mississippi schools don't stumble, we will have played six teams that were in the top ten by the time the season is done.  Hardest schedule in the nation, and probably one of the hardest schedules ever.

But man, these moral victories are really getting old.  Five consecutive conference moral victories doesn't outweigh 15 consecutive losses.

wupigsuey

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 12, 2014, 02:51:23 pm

Thank you for your permission for me to have my opinion.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

mlloyd4

I love this thread. Honest and common sense based hog fans posting in here. 3-3 is what I expected as well. I was hoping for competitive play, and I believe that the coaches and the players have brought it all and left very little on the field. I did not expect the Defense to be this good, it is a terrific surprise to me. I really want to see a 4th qtr team huddle against Georgia. The teams needs just needs a little push to get over this SEC losing streak and to win. WPS!
WPS

RazorPiggie

I feel confident that we can beat everyone left on the schedule but MSU.