Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Skipper Penalty Irritates Me

Started by Hawgphish, October 12, 2014, 09:00:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgphish

Where did that call come from? In a game decided by one point, every call is crucial.  That was a complete fabricated call. 

WarPig88

It was bogus and exactly why players need to guard their reputations on the field.

Skipper has a rep as being dirty right now. That was a result of that rep.

Porkys Revenge

It's a good thing he changed to 63. That ole #76 was just bad luck. Sophomore move by the coaching staff.

TheGreatHogsby

Quote from: Hawgphish on October 12, 2014, 09:00:59 am
Where did that call come from? In a game decided by one point, every call is crucial.  That was a complete fabricated call.
Pen Wagers, Freaking Pen Wagers. >:(

Jek Tono Porkins

I liked the announcer's comment. "What was offsetting about that?!"
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

hog911

We had ample opportunity to capitalize on Bama's mistakes. Officiating didn't lose the game for us. We simply don't know how to win in the SEC right now. From what I have seen of Georgia against Mizzou we won't break our streak of moral victories this weekend either! See integrity.

Wright43

Though the refs didn't cost us the game (we did that to ourselves) there were a lot of bad calls/decisions on their part. Skipper penalized for getting pushed, CBB in the middle of the field trying to call a timeout and not getting it, the clock running at the end of the game after the penalty (which-as some have looked in the rulebook and seen) is blatantly not how the rules work.

I'm sure we'll be sending some tapes to the SEC offices. I just don't understand how we (the SEC) have such bad refs year in and year out. I get that no one is perfect, and in this case at least it didn't cost anyone the game, but most of these refs have shown incompetence season after season, and too many games have been decided on their incompetence. It's beyond ridiculous

AloRaptor

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on October 12, 2014, 09:09:53 am
It's a good thing he changed to 63. That ole #76 was just bad luck. Sophomore move by the coaching staff.

Well,of course it was Skipper is a Sophomore.  :o

Hawgphish

No, the officials did not lose the game for us.  But somewhere during the officials conference, they saw something that did not happen.  That is frustrating. 

wupigsuey

Quote from: Hawgphish on October 12, 2014, 09:00:59 am

Yep. I didn't realize he had changed his number to the same as Day of Miss State until yesterday. The guy that was caught stomping on opposing players. Maybe the ref thought it was him.

Either way, to see something that wasn't there lends itself to prejudice to me.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

hogcard1964

Wagers didn't make that call. It was the fat a$$ he was conversing with.

bigred223

People can say the refs didn't lose the game. Yes, we had other chances to win, but if that penalty is called on Alabama instead of offsetting, or if BB gets the timeout, the game could have changed drastically.

NuttSu

Don't kid yourselves... Every bad call will cost you in close games.

007 License To Squeal

I didn't see ANY action by Skipper which should have warranted a personal foul call.  However, the Bama player very clearly should have gotten the flag........can someone explain what really happened?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

three hog night

the Bama players were trying to bait him into fights all night.  He did a great job of resisting, but I also think it took away his spirit.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

hogpc

Dark Helmet Hog

Skipper got ripped.

I hope that series is one that gets sent to the SEC office for review.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

onebadrubi

There many questionable things in that game, the largest being the skipped screw job on that call which we needed that 15 to get some momentum

Pigdiana Jones

That's standard operating procedure for Penn Wagers, Marc Curles, Mike Slime and the rest of his piss poor officials. No amount of cursing, yelling and screaming will ever change the fact that they suck. Of course, that doesn't stop me from doing all these things when they happen.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

pigture perfect

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 12, 2014, 12:05:33 pm
Skipper got ripped.

i agree
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

dhornjr1

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 12, 2014, 09:14:52 am
I liked the announcer's comment. "What was offsetting about that?!"

The answer to that is "Alabama was ranked #7 with one loss and Arkansas was unranked with two losses".

That's what was offsetting about it.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on October 12, 2014, 09:09:53 am
Freshman quote from a pre-k thinker.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

BallHog1

Quote from: hog911 on October 12, 2014, 09:22:17 am
We had ample opportunity to capitalize on Bama's mistakes. Officiating didn't lose the game for us. We simply don't know how to win in the SEC right now. From what I have seen of Georgia against Mizzou we won't break our streak of moral victories this weekend either! See integrity.
Uh yeah, he didn't say the refs cost us the game.

jfred59

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 12, 2014, 12:05:33 pm
Skipper got ripped.

So they can make sure that Wagers get his bonus check for the week?

swinesation

Agree that was a bogus call. I can't remember the situation there. Can anybody remind me where we were, what quarter, the score? We definitely should have gotten 15 yards on that play - no doubt about it. Even the TV announcer saw that.