Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We Should Have Won, but...

Started by LubbockHog, October 12, 2014, 08:55:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LubbockHog

52-0, 52-0, 14-13. Not bad! We are moving in the right direction. There may never have been so much improvement from one year to the next. Keep up the good work, Razorbacks. Our defensive was lights out! When was the last time we could say that? They say "moral victories" are worth nothing, but in this case, they might be wrong. We are on our way...

IllinoisRazorbackFan

Quote from: LubbockHog on October 12, 2014, 08:55:40 am
52-0, 52-0, 14-13. Not bad! We are moving in the right direction. There may never have been so much improvement from one year to the next. Keep up the good work, Razorbacks. Our defensive was lights out! When was the last time we could say that? They say "moral victories" are worth nothing, but in this case, they might be wrong. We are on our way...
Yup, we're losing the right way!

Kevin

this bama team is not like there last two teams. no correlation at all, except the team name.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LubbockHog

Obviously, the same is true for the Razorbacks as well...

LJHOG

Quote from: LubbockHog on October 12, 2014, 08:55:40 am
52-0, 52-0, 14-13. Not bad! We are moving in the right direction.
Honestly it looks like Bama is headed in the wrong direction faster than we are in the right direction.
As much as we all want to believe otherwise we are not a good football team.

HogFanatic

LubbockHog

I agree that we just experienced a tough loss, but to say "we are not a good football team," is almost laughable. We have three losses--all of them to ranked teams. I believe we are a top 25 team, but we just happen to play in the toughest football conference ever. I think we win 7 games this year and go to a bowl game. I never thought we'd be this far after only 1 1/2 years with Bielema. We will beat Georgia, Missouri, and LSU.

HogFanatic

Quote from: LubbockHog on October 12, 2014, 09:02:16 am
I agree that we just experienced a tough loss, but to say "we are not a good football team," is almost laughable. We have three losses--all of them to ranked teams. I believe we are a top 25 team, but we just happen to play in the toughest football conference ever. I think we win 7 games this year and go to a bowl game. I never thought we'd be this far after only 1 1/2 years with Bielema. We will beat Georgia, Missouri, and LSU.

I think this team can beat Ole Miss as well.

tophawg19

dude we just took two top 10 teams to the wire. out played them both . we were the better team but beat ourselves . i don't know  WTH  your talking about and clearly neither do you . this is a good team. that just needs to finish better . when your holding your own in the west with top 10 teams , you're a good team .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Torqued pork

We're better and Bama has regressed quite a bit.

TheGreatHogsby

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 12, 2014, 09:03:44 am
Iffy. Ole Miss whooped Tamu, an opponent we lost too. Georgia,LSU,Mizzou are the 3 Sec teams we have a chance at winning.

pigstuff

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 12, 2014, 09:03:44 am

LOL...that's funny.  Georgia...no.  LSU...no.  Missouri....maybe.

bpoecell

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 12, 2014, 09:08:01 am
Iffy. Ole Miss whooped Tamu, an opponent we lost too. Georgia,LSU,Mizzou are the 3 Sec teams we have a chance at winning.

Predicting wins and losses based on common opponents never works. One or two match up issues can drastically alter the outcome regardless of who each team plays. At this point I feel like our team will go toe to toe with anyone they step on the field with. They've proven it for six weeks now.

Jek Tono Porkins

Bama's defense is still as good as ever. Do not be fooled. Bama's mistakes came mostly on offense and special teams. They only mistake they made on defense was dropping a sure pick...
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

secfan30

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 12, 2014, 09:04:08 am
dude we just took two top 10 teams to the wire. out played them both . we were the better team but beat ourselves . i don't know  WTH  your talking about and clearly neither do you . this is a good team. that just needs to finish better . when your holding your own in the west with top 10 teams , you're a good team .

Some people have an agenda and regardless how we play they will complain until their boy is hired as coach or finishes better than us.

It is obvious we are a good team. Everyone who talks football for a living outside of this state sees it. Only a few select on this board do not.

elkhog

Quote from: Kevin on October 12, 2014, 08:57:22 am
this bama team is not like there last two teams. no correlation at all, except the team name.

^This^

I can't even consider this a moral victory.  It's just another loss.
GO HOGS!!!

elkhog

We are at the bottom of the SEC West.  If that's holding your own, I don't know what to say.
GO HOGS!!!

atekido

This bama team would still beat 95% of the college football teams.  Its so funny watching all these Homer fans think we were supposed to be beating all the teams.  we are WAY AHEAD of where we should be.  Auburn has way more talent than us,  A&M way more talent than us,  Bama WAY WAY more talent than us.    the fact that minus the first game we have been in the game shows that obviously we are doing something right. 

elkhog

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on October 12, 2014, 09:08:01 am

Georgia, yes, maybe.  Don't they have two running backs out?
LSU not the same LSU from previous years, so, yes it's possible.
Mizzou...I would just be embarrassed if we don't.
GO HOGS!!!

Steef

Quote from: LJHOG on October 12, 2014, 08:59:01 am
Honestly it looks like Bama is headed in the wrong direction faster than we are in the right direction.

Uh-huh.

Let's ask Ole Miss, the number 3 team in the nation, who barely beat Bama last week. Against whom Bama scored more points than they scored on us.

It was an ugly game and Bama ISN'T as impervious this year as they were last year. But they still have the best coach in football, a bench full of five star players, size and speed in all 85 players on the roster and are used to winning.

The best WR in the nation this year. The running duo of Yeldon and Henry.

And it took a fumble on our part, for them them to stay in the game.

hogville38

Quote from: IllinoisRazorbackFan on October 12, 2014, 08:57:05 am
Yup, we're losing the right way!
Wow why are you such a negative jerk all the time. Damn yankees lol

bphi11ips

Alabama may very well play for the NC.  They are good.  So are we.

That was one moral victory I can live with.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hoss cartrack

of course i'd like to have won the games we lost.   but i think all any of us really expected or wanted at the beginning of the season was to see improvement.  i dont think any of us expected this much improvement so soon...and now that we are close....it's not good enough.

we live in a society of ME ME ME NOW NOW NOW.  Lots of folks are sitting around looking for something to complain about.  I have an ex-wife who isn't happy unless she is miserable....you know the type.  Nothing is good enough and always sees the bad first.

As for me....I am very proud of my hogs....this year you can see the hurt and disappointment on their faces....that was missing the last couple of years. 

It's a process....it's coming....and it will be worth the wait....and the work...and the hurt.

As for me....I'd rather be a Razorback after a loss....than a winner with any other team....I'm a Razorback. 
hey baby....you look like a real bad idea.   come on over herel

hogville38

Quote from: LJHOG on October 12, 2014, 08:59:01 am
Really? This is very inaccurate statement but I knew the Beliema haters would be out in full forseif we lost.

secfan30

Quote from: hoss cartrack on October 12, 2014, 10:02:35 am
of course i'd like to have won the games we lost.   but i think all any of us really expected or wanted at the beginning of the season was to see improvement.  i dont think any of us expected this much improvement so soon...and now that we are close....it's not good enough.

we live in a society of ME ME ME NOW NOW NOW.  Lots of folks are sitting around looking for something to complain about.  I have an ex-wife who isn't happy unless she is miserable....you know the type.  Nothing is good enough and always sees the bad first.

As for me....I am very proud of my hogs....this year you can see the hurt and disappointment on their faces....that was missing the last couple of years. 

It's a process....it's coming....and it will be worth the wait....and the work...and the hurt.

As for me....I'd rather be a Razorback after a loss....than a winner with any other team....I'm a Razorback. 

Damn straight brother!

hogville38

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 12, 2014, 09:01:20 am
Arkansas is the best at losing.
You could do everyone a favor by just leaving. There is no need for your crap and yes that's all you ever offer is a big smelly pile of dung!

Dirty

Quote from: pigstuff on October 12, 2014, 09:41:07 am

LSU NO?  You don't watch much football, do you?

hogville38

Quote from: pigstuff on October 12, 2014, 09:41:07 am
ummmmm have you watched LSU? Obviously not lol

Steef

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 12, 2014, 10:02:24 am
Alabama may very well play for the NC.  They are good.  So are we.

That was one moral victory I can live with.

Yup.

Every single gloom merchant on this board today, would have predicted in the summer, that we were going to lose to Bama. Every one. NO ONE in this thread would have given us any chance of winning this game.

And now, they're mad we didn't.

"WE CAN'T WIN A CONFERENCE GAME!!"  I do believe they bleat this in their sleep.

Maybe if we ever get to play a conference team that ISN'T in the top ten nationally...maybe we can.

Oh wait. They ALL are.

bigred223

Lol... Same people that were saying we have no chance against Bama are now backtracking and claiming that Bama is not a good team. Hilarious, your agendas are noted.

hogville38

Quote from: elkhog on October 12, 2014, 09:55:00 am
We are at the bottom of the SEC West.  If that's holding your own, I don't know what to say.
How many teams could be in the top or even middle of the SEC west this year? The west is packed full of good teams (see rankings). So yes if we can play these teams close (which we really out played the last two) then I see that as a improved team. I also see us as a good team.

What is the damn deal with you idiots. At the beginning it was all about improvement and just competing. How in the hell can anyone with just one damn brain cell not see this? I wish people that obviously don't no darn about football would go back to facebook, clash of clans or their video games and leave the football message boards alone.....sigh

bphi11ips

Quote from: steefhog on October 12, 2014, 10:11:05 am
Yup.

Every single gloom merchant on this board today, would have predicted in the summer, that we were going to lose to Bama. Every one. NO ONE in this thread would have given us any chance of winning this game.

And now, they're mad we didn't.

"WE CAN'T WIN A CONFERENCE GAME!!"  I do believe they bleat this in their sleep.

Maybe if we ever get to play a conference team that ISN'T in the top ten nationally...maybe we can.

Oh wait. They ALL are.

I gave us no chance to beat Alabama and was stunned at the way we played.  Best game of the Bielema era by far.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

goneal

Quote from: hogville38 on October 12, 2014, 10:21:40 am
How many teams could be in the top or even middle of the SEC west this year? The west is packed full of good teams (see rankings). So yes if we can play these teams close (which we really out played the last two) then I see that as a improved team. I also see us as a good team.

What is the damn deal with you idiots. At the beginning it was all about improvement and just competing. How in the hell can anyone with just one damn brain cell not see this? I wish people that obviously don't no darn about football would go back to facebook, clash of clans or their video games and leave the football message boards alone.....sigh
Quote from: bphi11ips on October 12, 2014, 10:24:31 am
I gave us no chance to beat Alabama and was stunned at the way we played.  Best game of the Bielema era by far.

Defensively, yes. Offensively and special tems, NO! We are still a qb and a kicker away from being a "good" team.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

hogville38

Quote from: goneal on October 12, 2014, 10:31:01 am
Defensively, yes. Offensively and special tems, NO! We are still a qb and a kicker away from being a "good" team.
I will agree with you on special teams but our offense have done enough to win games. Although our line got whipped last night. I doubt any other dline we face will compare to bamas.

3kgthog

Good teams and programs don't lose 15 straight in the SEC.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 12, 2014, 10:42:34 am
Good teams and programs don't lose 15 straight in the SEC.

It's a difficult task to rebuild a football program. It's a monumental task to do it while playing in the SEC West.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Bardicer

Quote from: hogville38 on October 12, 2014, 10:01:38 am
Wow why are you such a negative jerk all the time. Damn yankees lol

Cause he hasn't been able to remove his cranium from BP's rectum yet?  Been butthurt ever since his idol got busted with a whore.

HogFanatic

Quote from: hogville38 on October 12, 2014, 10:05:15 am
You could do everyone a favor by just leaving. There is no need for your crap and yes that's all you ever offer is a big smelly pile of dung!

Calm down, bud. It was a joke. I am very proud of our team today. Of course I was spittin' mad last night, but we gotta look at who we just played and how we actually out played them. One fumble, boys. That's it. The difference in the game. Arkansas was the better team yesterday, and two weeks ago too.

The team just needs to learn to get out of victory's way.

jimmur74

The Aggies are not Good. Bama is better than the aggies but they are overrated. Doesn't make any difference in the outcomes. We lost. We gave the games away and that my friends are what losing teams do well. They lose

Bardicer

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 12, 2014, 11:00:48 am
Calm down, bud. It was a joke. I am very proud of our team today. Of course I was spittin' mad last night, but we gotta look at who we just played and how we actually out played them. One fumble, boys. That's it. The difference in the game. Arkansas was the better team yesterday, and two weeks ago too.

The team just needs to learn to get out of victory's way.

2 losses by a combined 8 points is rough... even rougher when you consider that it's conceivable that had we won those two games we're possibly a top 10 team.  It sucks balls, big hairy sweaty donkey balls at that.  But that's the double edged sword of sports, the highs are really high and the lows really low.  Just gotta pick ourselves up out of the dirt and work that much harder in the next game.  We lost by 7, then by 1... hopefully we'll keep that trend going and win by 5 this week.

DoctorSusscrofa

You're absolutely right. They don't deserve to be ranked in the top 5 this year. They're nothing like a top 5 team.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

El Puerco Grande

I don't know why I waste any time with this site. If Skipper doesn't get called for tripping, or Kody doesn't fumble, we are 5-1, and likely near the Top Ten. To say we are not a good football team is just plain ignorant.
How 'bout them hogs?

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: El Puerco Grande on October 12, 2014, 02:34:11 pm
I don't know why I waste any time with this site. If Skipper doesn't get called for tripping, or Kody doesn't fumble, we are 5-1, and likely near the Top Ten. To say we are not a good football team is just plain ignorant.
Good teams don't call it a day at halftime....or go 0-15 in conference. You are what your record says you are...but if the excuses make you feel better....

Redhogs

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 12, 2014, 02:04:49 pm
You're absolutely right. They don't deserve to be ranked in the top 5 this year. They're nothing like a top 5 team.
Correct..this was our year to beat Bama the way they are playing...we blew it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: elkhog on October 12, 2014, 09:55:00 am

How about... Bye...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

BallHog1

Quote from: bigred223 on October 12, 2014, 10:15:12 am
Lol... Same people that were saying we have no chance against Bama are now backtracking and claiming that Bama is not a good team. Hilarious, your agendas are noted.
This, the fact that Bama looked a little rough last night was because of the same weather we played in and that fact that our defense never backed down.

secfan30

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 12, 2014, 10:54:06 am
bphi11ips,

There is just no way this is true and I say that as an Alabama fan.  The current team is not up to the standards set by the past few teams because the offense can no longer dictate the game the way it used to.  Alabama cannot run the ball with anything approaching their previous efficiency and power.  When you lose the lineman Alabama has over the past three seasons, that is not easily replaced and the fact is Alabama hasn't replaced its OL with athletes anywhere near as good as Barrett Jones and Cyrus Kouandjio.   

I think it is also fair to say that Saban has not done his best work in terms of acclimating to the new college football environment with respect to the HUNH.

Can the ship be righted in time for the rest of the year - that is certainly a possibility but I would not bet a significant amount of money on it. 

So what about Arkansas?  I've said elsewhere that progress is being made and there is still a lot of work to do.  Patience is the first key, recruiting improvement the next.

Well listening to the talking heads nation wide you are in the minority thinking Bama will not play in the playoffs.

hog_fan86

We are good, but we are not good enough to come out on the wrong end of game changing plays and expect to beat top 10 teams.

Examples:
Two (basically) touchdowns called back for dumb penalties against A&M.
Dropping a touchdown on the one foot line against bama.  Dropping an interception in the endzone before bama scores on the next play.
I don't remember what happened on the drive where Mitchel dropped his pick. I think they still punted?  It would have set up nice field position though.

Just gotta makes plays when it matters are we are 5-1 and in the top ten.