Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hocker hangover......

Started by hogville38, October 12, 2014, 08:40:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogville38

Man this kicking game is killing us. In fact all special teams really. Hell I can't even remember the last time we fielded a punt. In my opinion if we would of had a kicker that was worth a crap we would be 5-1. BA has done enough to keep us in games as well as the defense. This kicking game blows. We can't even kick the ball in the end zone on kickoffs. The opponent is catching the ball at the 10 and 15 yard line. Not acceptable. Should we be redshirting a damn kicker?

farmhawg

Somehow I think even shitbest was better than this staff on special teams....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: farmhawg on October 12, 2014, 09:27:56 am
Somehow I think even shitbest was better than this staff on special teams....

Wow, don't diss this staff like that.... I am concerned that we don't have someone who can catch a punt, even Hillis could......

farmhawg

All areas of the special teams are......special.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

dacskc

While I agree that our kicking game (except for Irwin-Hill) is atrocious, I don't know that we can blame the kickers for yesterday. Neither kicker had anything to do with the block or bad snap.

farmhawg

Quote from: dacskc on October 12, 2014, 10:26:33 am
While I agree that our kicking game (except for Irwin-Hill) is atrocious, I don't know that we can blame the kickers for yesterday. Neither kicker had anything to do with the block or bad snap.
More to special teams than just the kicker, although that has been bad this year.
From theflyinghog

Pig In The City

Quote from: hogville38 on October 12, 2014, 08:40:22 am
Man this kicking game is killing us. In fact all special teams really. Hell I can't even remember the last time we fielded a punt. In my opinion if we would of had a kicker that was worth a crap we would be 5-1. BA has done enough to keep us in games as well as the defense. This kicking game blows. We can't even kick the ball in the end zone on kickoffs. The opponent is catching the ball at the 10 and 15 yard line. Not acceptable. Should we be redshirting a damn kicker?
Totally agree. Our special teams is high school! It cost us the game yesterday. We routinely have poor field position because we don't field punts worth a darn. It  is actually unacceptable!

wupigsuey

Second game in a row that if we could kick a field goal, we win.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.