Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We could use some weapons on the edge...

Started by MrKlem10, October 12, 2014, 08:21:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKlem10

I'm not a BA fan.   I think the OC gets C vote on average from this page because of the 4th quarter play calling.   I think personally he is keeping us in games by limiting BA to simple reads.   When he gets to much freedom,  he looks like a squirrel on the highway trying to make a decision.

But in his defense it sure would be nice to have some play makers on the edge who could create some separation.  It seems like the only time we can create some space is on a gadget play or some crossing/pick route.   Hunter and Derby are nice,  but I want a Treadway or a Mike Evans...

bpoecell

Hill coming in next year will be huge. Hopefully Cornelious and Robinson will be up to speed by then as well.

Porkys Revenge

The more wide open our receivers are, the more he chokes. It's like he sees them and is like "oh damn, wide open, I'm gonna blow it".

BA is not the truth and he is not the answer. I will agree that he looks like a squirrel running around out there, though. It's scary to think he's our best option at qb.

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: bpoecell on October 12, 2014, 08:24:04 am
Hill coming in next year will be huge. Hopefully Cornelious and Robinson will be up to speed by then as well.
[/quote Huge? BA can't hit open receivers. Not sure how Hill's gonna help him be accurate.

hawgsalot

OH BS, have you seen a wide open WR besides Hatcher all year.  Geez I love our guys but they just don't get open unless it's Hatcher, that's easy to stop.  You see our TEs eventually get open, you see Hatcher eventually get open you don't see anyone else get separation.  That's a horrible thing for a QB you limit your options or have to throw them open/force it.

bpoecell

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on October 12, 2014, 08:32:02 am
Huge? BA can't hit open receivers. Not sure how Hill's gonna help him be accurate.

You're right, 89 yards passing to 246 yards rushing looks pretty bad on Allen. Oh, wait, it was the other way around! 246 yards passing against Bama with no running game, but he couldn't hit any receivers. Go back under your bridge and stop bothering people.

Torqued pork

Quote from: hawgsalot on October 12, 2014, 08:35:09 am
OH BS, have you seen a wide open WR besides Hatcher all year.  Geez I love our guys but they just don't get open unless it's Hatcher, that's easy to stop.  You see our TEs eventually get open, you see Hatcher eventually get open you don't see anyone else get separation.  That's a horrible thing for a QB you limit your options or have to throw them open/force it.
TV replays showed plenty of open receivers that BA didn't go to or simply did not see. His decision making and footwork can still be spotty.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Have to play to Ba's strengths. He's good coming off a play action. For some Eason we try to go shotgun straight drop back an it doesn't work. I put that on everyone. Chaney for calling those plays, BA for not making a play when you have to, and the receivers for not gettin seperation

MrKlem10

I just want to see a guy that can vertically stretch the field like Cobi Hamilton,   or take the short swing pass in the flats and make someone miss.... Joe Adams style.   

MrKlem10

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on October 12, 2014, 08:49:52 am
Have to play to Ba's strengths. He's good coming off a play action. For some Eason we try to go shotgun straight drop back an it doesn't work. I put that on everyone. Chaney for calling those plays, BA for not making a play when you have to, and the receivers for not gettin seperation

Because the game speeds up too fast for him... He panics in the gun when he had four receivers in the pattern

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: MrKlem10 on October 12, 2014, 08:51:55 am
Because the game speeds up too fast for him... He panics in the gun when he had four receivers in the pattern
Are you coach lem, used to coach at glen rose?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: MrKlem10 on October 12, 2014, 08:21:59 am
I'm not a BA fan.   I think the OC gets C vote on average from this page because of the 4th quarter play calling.   I think personally he is keeping us in games by limiting BA to simple reads.   When he gets to much freedom,  he looks like a squirrel on the highway trying to make a decision.

But in his defense it sure would be nice to have some play makers on the edge who could create some separation.  It seems like the only time we can create some space is on a gadget play or some crossing/pick route.   Hunter and Derby are nice,  but I want a Treadway or a Mike Evans...
"on the edge"...."create some space". I like the football-speak. You've got it down.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

WarPig88

When you run 68% of the time, you are not being realistic to expect those types of playmakers to want to join your team or even get developed if they already are on your team.

It's a biproduct of the system, IMO.

bpoecell

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 12, 2014, 09:01:59 am
When you run 68% of the time, you are not being realistic to expect those types of playmakers to want to join your team or even get developed if they already are on your team.

It's a biproduct of the system, IMO.

You'd better tell K.J Hill, Ty Storey, Will Gragg and all the other offensive guys we have coming in that they don't actually want to play for Arkansas.