Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After further review

Started by Lord of the Styes, October 12, 2014, 06:02:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord of the Styes

Jonathan Williams did get the first down on that fourth and one. Isn't the spot of the ball reviewable?

SemperFi

Yes, I believe that the spot of the ball is reviewable. JWill was on top of a Bama defender and stretched the ball out to where the first down was. The replay official should have called down and stopped play and confirmed, but didn't.

Penn Wagers and his crew are terrible at their jobs. I actually thought that he was just slanted towards the Alabama schools, but the truth is that he is just so incompetent that he can't get it right. The unsportsmanlike against Dan Skipper was BS and the replay showed it. Hopefully, Coach B will have enough taped evidence of Wagers and his crew's incompetence to get them removed from their jobs permanently. They stink up the SEC.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Lord of the Styes

There were some questionable spots in this game. Luckily we overcame the others, but this one killed a momentum swing.

incHOGnito

I thought so too, but we never got a good enough look to know for sure.

Piggfoot

Was there a single review in the game. Alabama's first TD should have been reviewed.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Ex-Trumpet

I believe it was reviewed and the call on the field was upheld.  Cost us a time out.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Rocket23

bpoecell

He laid that ball right on the first down line. They never showed a replay from the side, just from behind the Bama line where the angle obscured the forward progress. ESPN moved on from that one as fast as they could. Couldn't take a chance of showing how crooked the refs are in their golden conference.

Hollywood_HOGan45

In order to grab our first SEC W, we have to leave no doubt and take it OUT of the official's hands.

Pigdiana Jones

Yeah that turd of am official is a moron. That first "fumble" wasn't a fumble. I watched it on DVR over and over and in slo-mo. He was never in possession of it. That call at the end where it was an incomplete pass was BS. The guy would have come down in bounds but was pushed out. That is a complete pass, period. The penalty against skipper was absolutely atrocious. The on top of it all, players were lining up in neutral zone and they let them get away with it.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on October 12, 2014, 11:12:00 am
The guy would have come down in bounds but was pushed out. That is a complete pass, period.

This is not a rule.  You still have to come down in-bounds or it is incomplete.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

010HogFan

HogFanatic

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on October 12, 2014, 11:32:00 am
This is not a rule.  You still have to come down in-bounds or it is incomplete.

You sure about that? I don't think you can just shove a receiver out of bounds and the pass be considered incomplete. I mean if so you could just catch the receiver in mid-air and run out of bounds with him.

I think in the NFL that flies, but not in college.

010HogFan

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 12, 2014, 11:38:46 am
You sure about that? I don't think you can just shove a receiver out of bounds and the pass be considered incomplete. I mean if so you could just catch the receiver in mid-air and run out of bounds with him.

It's not a rule. Come down in bounds or it's not a catch. Simple as that. The defender can shove someone midair as much as they want.

rljjr

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 12, 2014, 11:38:46 am

You have it backwards

arsuperhog

After watching the replay on the SEC network, JWill did in fact reach the ball across the first down line before his knee touched. The spot, like about 75% of the spots, was wrong. There were several running plays where the pile was 5 or 6 yards from the line of scrimmage, only to have the ball placed for 1 yard gain. Absolutely atrocious

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on October 12, 2014, 11:12:00 am
Yeah that turd of am official is a moron. That first "fumble" wasn't a fumble. I watched it on DVR over and over and in slo-mo. He was never in possession of it. That call at the end where it was an incomplete pass was BS. The guy would have come down in bounds but was pushed out. That is a complete pass, period. The penalty against skipper was absolutely atrocious. The on top of it all, players were lining up in neutral zone and they let them get away with it.

Here is the rule.

Incomplete Pass
ARTICLE 7. a. Any forward pass is incomplete if the ball is out of bounds by
rule or if it touches the ground when not firmly controlled by a player. It also
is incomplete when a player leaves his feet and receives the pass but first lands
on or outside a boundary line, unless his progress has been stopped in the field
of play or end zone (Rule 4-1-3-p) (A.R. 2-4-3-III and A.R. 7-3-7-I).

Unfortunately, it was the right call according to the rule.

http://www.dfoa.com/attachments/article/69/2013-14_Football_Rule_Book.pdf
Go Hogs Go!

code red

Quote from: SemperFi on October 12, 2014, 06:21:37 am
Yes, I believe that the spot of the ball is reviewable. JWill was on top of a Bama defender and stretched the ball out to where the first down was. The replay official should have called down and stopped play and confirmed, but didn't.

Penn Wagers and his crew are terrible at their jobs. I actually thought that he was just slanted towards the Alabama schools, but the truth is that he is just so incompetent that he can't get it right. The unsportsmanlike against Dan Skipper was BS and the replay showed it. Hopefully, Coach B will have enough taped evidence of Wagers and his crew's incompetence to get them removed from their jobs permanently. They stink up the SEC.
That didn't cost us the game.
1 fumble out of ez 7 pts
2 muffed kick snap 3 pts
3 missed try 1 pts
4 2 dropped INTs
5a fumble in open field
5b 2 fumbles not covered
6 miss use of TOs
7 abandoned the run game
The officials will always be a thorn in our side but they had nothing to do with the outcome.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

MojaveJoe

I thought I was just being a homer, but I saw a ton of bad spots.

And the personal against Skipper was BS. He never had possession on the TD fumble either, but I could see how that one would be hard to overturn.

threeNout

we challenged a spot earlier, it was upheld and it cost us our challenge.

after our challenge ability was gone, it seemed the spots kept getting worse, we couldn't challenge the JWill spot, and they knew it.

Poker_hog

Not only that but on the game winning TD cbb ran 30 yards on the field trying to call to.  How can you not see a 350 lb man with a bleach white wind breaker sprinting towards you.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt