Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What I have noticed the last 2 seasons.

Started by Deep Shoat, October 12, 2014, 12:29:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Shoat

When Arkansas scores a lot of points, our opponent is just bad.

When our opponent scores a lot of points, we have a bad defense.

When we don't score many points, we have a crappy OC/QB.

When our opponent doesn't score many points, they are a crappy team.
All Gas, No Brakes!

WarPig88

Can you name the good teams we have scored a lot of points on?

Oklahawg

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 12, 2014, 12:54:05 am

Ooh, good. Bait someone and then argue about whether you agree with their notion of "good" and "a lot".
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Deep Shoat

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 12, 2014, 12:54:05 am
Can you name the bad team we haven't scored a lot of points on?
All Gas, No Brakes!

HiggiePiggy

No I think it's more of we don't give a crap about it.  We want wins in the sec.  We are tired of holding last place in the SEC west.   

Excuses need to end and wins need to begin.  No more of the well he was left with blah blah.   Many coaches for Arkansas were left with crap before in the SEC and he is the only one to not win an SEC game in a season.

He has 3 sec games that he has a chance in.  Georgia I say about 25% chance LSU 60% chance and Missouri 50% chance.   I don't care how he does it, but please get a win in the sec this year. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 12, 2014, 01:01:51 am
No I think it's more of we don't give a crap about it.  We want wins in the sec.  We are tired of holding last place in the SEC west.   

Excuses need to end and wins need to begin.  No more of the well he was left with blah blah.   Many coaches for Arkansas were left with crap before in the SEC and he is the only one to not win an SEC game in a season.

He has 3 sec games that he has a chance in.  Georgia I say about 25% chance LSU 60% chance and Missouri 50% chance.   I don't care how he does it, but please get a win in the sec this year.
You are officially accepted into the Royal Order of the Blue Flamers!!
All Gas, No Brakes!

WarPig88

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 12, 2014, 12:58:58 am
Ooh, good. Bait someone and then argue about whether you agree with their notion of "good" and "a lot".

I didn't make the original assertion or supply the definitions, and you didn't even try to answer the question as the OP phrased it.

I can only think of a single good team we have scored 30 or more points against. 30 would be MY number. That was A&M last season and they were considered horrible on the defensive side of the ball.

I do not believe TTech or N. Illinois or any of our OOC opponents last season were good teams either.

So please, name the good teams we have scored a lot of points against.

Hogsooey

Quote from: Deep Shoat on October 12, 2014, 01:00:42 am
Can you name the bad team we haven't scored a lot of points on?

I'll go with the 10 spot we put up against FL last year and the 24 we mustered against Southern Miss at home.

Deep Shoat

Holy crap, people this is THIS SEASON!

Last season is over.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Hogsnort

I've noticed two 4th quarter scores against opposing SEC teams, but none this year. It is what it is.

DeltaBoy

We can beat the sisters of the poor but shut down against the big boys and play HDN NOT TOO LOSE 2nd half' s.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bpoecell

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 12, 2014, 08:00:29 am
We can beat the sisters of the poor but shut down against the big boys and play HDN NOT TOO LOSE 2nd half' s.

Playing not to lose? Seriously? We were passing the entire second half last night. We would've put up 14 in the second half against A&M if it wasn't for Skipper. How is that playing not to lose?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: bpoecell on October 12, 2014, 08:07:42 am
Playing not to lose? Seriously? We were passing the entire second half last night. We would've put up 14 in the second half against A&M if it wasn't for Skipper. How is that playing not to lose?

They lost didn' t they I still have not figured what was going on in Skippers head.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bpoecell

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 12, 2014, 08:10:37 am
They lost didn' t they I still have not figured what was going on in Skippers head.

"Losing" and "playing not to lose" are not the same thing. We certainly aren't doing the latter.

farmhawg

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 12, 2014, 12:58:58 am
Why leave threads like this up??
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!