Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville Poster's Wife with Rare Pancreatic Disorder

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, October 11, 2014, 11:59:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Please help if you can and send prayers.  She was just admitted to UAMS.  They tried to get her to the Mayo Clinic in AZ, but were not able to.  Chance is a Newport Firefighter.  Lindsay has lost 50 lbs so far.

Please help if you can and send prayers.

http://www.gofundme.com/f7f8s8

Chance did not ask me to post this.  He sends a big thank you to Lanny for letting me do so.

:razorback:

[attachment deleted by admin]
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Tick Hog

Guinness Snout

Guinness Snout

October 12, 2014, 01:39:04 am #4 Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 01:50:24 am by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya
Quote from: Guinness Snout on October 12, 2014, 12:24:16 am
I would like to say thanks to all in advance

You bet.

And let's be creative if we can.  A lot of us a strapped for cash and are one disaster like this away from being in Chance's and Linsay's shoes.  Maybe you know someone at UAMS who works in that area who could at least swing by and offer encouragement, or maybe someone here has been through this particular situation and can offer some advice.

He will be driving back and forth quite a bit so gift cards(gas, Wal-Mart, fast food) would help.  Some may not be able to donate $, but you can give a free hair cut, Netflix coupons, or whatever.  They can be sent to: 

Chance and Lindsy Lassiter
P.O Box 92 jacksonport AR 72075

I'd be willing to offer a my services as a DJ free of charge for an event in Little Rock or at a tailgate to raise some help.

:razorback:
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

HogDaddy

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

HogShat

Prayers up for my brother and his wife from a retired firefighter, who has battled Chronic Pancreatitis for 5+years. Pancreatic disorders aint no joke guy and girls.

Guinness Snout

Thanks guys.  Hogshat knows the pain associated with it, but on top of chronic pancreantitis she has pancreas divisum which she's had since birth.  Thank yall for all the prayers

Hawgey-Davidson

Prayers to you and your family. Praying for a complete and full recovery. God bless.

Hogs7672

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DoctorSusscrofa

Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

WardamnHOGGLE

Football is not that important.  Family first. Prayers sent Bro.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Guinness Snout

I would like to udate everyone on my wifes condition.  The doctors at UAMS have decide to do a celiac plexus block and the are also treating her for autoimmune pancreantitis.  They seem to think that surgery may not be necessary.  Not sure how much longer they will keep her here but so far everything looks ok.  She still has pain and nausea which they are working to control.  Hoping and praying everthing works.  I personally thank each and everyone for their thoughts and prayers.  With all that said let's beat them 'Dawgs saturday! WPS!

TheGreatHogsby

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Hogfan1660

Prayers sent! I know I would be losing my mind if that was my wife!

Dropkick

LL COOL HOG

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

sowmonella

Prayers lifted up from Maumelle. God Bless you both.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

AndrewGene

Donation sent. It wasn't much. My prayers are probably worth more. :)

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

LZH

woodrow hog call

Not knocking UAMS but you may need to contact the University of Minnesota Hospital. They do some things that very few places can do, when it comes to the panaceas. Praying now for her.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Guinness Snout

Thanks woodrow.  We first attempted toget into mayo in Minn, but ran into a road block with insurance

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Guinness Snout on October 18, 2014, 09:19:29 am
Thanks woodrow.  We first attempted toget into mayo in Minn, but ran into a road block with insurance

$'s before people.  Smdh. 

Prayers
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

texas tush hog

Quote from: Guinness Snout on October 18, 2014, 09:19:29 am

Have you checked into Cancer Treatment Centers of America over in Tulsa. Have heard great things about their pancreatic treatment center.

Guinness Snout

Tush I havent heard of that I'll look into it.  Does  a person have to have cancer to be seen there?

lumphog

texas tush hog

Quote from: Guinness Snout on October 18, 2014, 09:54:28 am
Tush I havent heard of that I'll look into it.  Does  a person have to have cancer to be seen there?

Not sure, but worth a look. The only pancreatic cancer survivors I know went there but don't know the particulars.

jfred59

Praying...this puts a lot of things on this board in perspective

root_hawg

Check into the Hope House in LR, I know they offer free room and board for cancer pts when they are receiving treatments.  Don't know if they could help

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.