Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A few random thoughts

Started by songofthesword, October 11, 2014, 11:13:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

songofthesword

1. last year, i used to watch games and hold my breath wondering "OMG are we going to get steamrolled or will we compete" and I would breathe a sigh of relief when we could compete. We'd still lose lol but we could compete

we can line up and play with any team in the country. No doubt in my mind.  We wont' win every game, but we can line up with anyone.  Even in the petrino years,  there were just teams that you knew, i.e lsu / bama that were just going to push us around,. not anymore.

2.  This defense is nasty. Next year we will have more depth and we only lose Flowers and Turner. 

3. I think we started lower than when Petrino got here, but I think we are on a higher trajectory.  We're improving much faster than we ever did with pertino, and i like petrino.

4.  the way we are building a team, will take longer, but will pay off. We aren't building a team we're building a program.  Meaning, you recruit well you don't miss, and you keep fielding teams with 4-5th year players you are going to STAY good.   That's all miss state is this year.. mullen was given time to build his team and build his team he did. team starts 7 seniors on Defense

We are RIGHT there.  I hate moral victotires, but we are right there. RIGHT there.  Once we figure this out, we are going to win ALOT.   once we figure out how to win, we are going to win a lot of games