Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss dominating A&M

Started by HognotinMemphis, October 11, 2014, 10:38:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

at A&M. 28-7 at start of 4th Q. I don't think A&M is going to come back in this like they did vs the Hogs on neutral field in Dallas. I knew A&M was/is a pretender. They have not played anyone before Miss St and Ole Miss and both easily handled/handling them. Hogs will beat UAB, LSU and Mizzou and finish 6-6.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

fanofthehog

That is the most optimistic post I have ever seen from you!

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 11, 2014, 10:38:55 pm
at A&M. 28-7 at start of 4th Q. I don't think A&M is going to come back in this like they did vs the Hogs on neutral field in Dallas. I knew A&M was/is a pretender. They have not played anyone before Miss St and Ole Miss and both easily handled/handling them. Hogs will beat UAB, LSU and Mizzou and finish 6-6.

Which makes the A&M loss all the more depressing. A&M is actually one of the easier games left on the schedule(starting with that week), due to the fact that it was a neutral site, their D isn't that great, etc. We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, which we're leading the nation in.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 11, 2014, 10:51:34 pm
Which makes the A&M loss all the more depressing. A&M is actually one of the easier games left on the schedule(starting with that week), due to the fact that it was a neutral site, their D isn't that great, etc. We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, which we're leading the nation in.
Exactly. That was part of my point...that the loss to A&M was really bad due to fact that they are not that good. They have lost their last two which are the only two games they have played against above-average quality teams. A&M will DEFINITELY lose at least 2 more and finish 8-4 at best...not terrible but their wins are and will be over the likes of Arkansas, Rice, SC, SMU, Lamar, La-Mo and maybe Mizzou and LSU, assuming they can beat those last two. If they cannot win vs LSU and Mizzou, then 7-5 or 6-6.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

LJHOG

aTm has a QB capable of winning the game by himself so to speak.  We don't.

farmhawg

Still trying to figure out why everyone thinks we will beat LSU.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: LJHOG on October 12, 2014, 09:27:03 am
aTm has a QB capable of winning the game by himself so to speak.  We don't.
Which is exactly why they beat the Hogs and why they will probably finish 8-4 and 4-4 and we will finish 6-6 and 2-6, at best.

Harleigh Hog

I hate to say it but Bama isn't a great team this year. I think they lose at least 2 more games. Miss St matches up very well against them and I think Auburn is better as well.

Depending on injuries to opponent key players, I'm not sure we win 2 more games. I absolutely hate being this negative but where do the wins honestly come from??

Everyone is automatically counting UAB as an easy win, but remember they gave MS state fits earlier this year.

GA = better talent, good team
MS schools = no explanation necessary
LSU = better talent, searching for identity
MO = even talent, has the team given up at this point?

Our style of play doesn't lend to getting hot and blowing someone out. It's about lining up and methodically beating down the opponent. I don't dislike what we are doing, I think once it is built it will be more consistent and longer lasting than the spread teams (see Bama history). However, I just don't think we are there yet and based on our historical recruiting struggles when does it happen?

History has proven that when the stars align and we get the right combination of skill players we can be competitive.  Right now we are one offensive guy away from being pretty darn good but he has another year and the replacement hasn't shown himself. Like it or not we can't have sustained success in our style of offense without a legitimate threat to throw the ball. SEC defenses are too talented to be one dimensional. 

Hog football has always been very unpredictable and in a weird way that is what makes it exciting. At different times we have had players come out of nowhere when we least expect it and take us on a run (M. Jones, McFadden, Mallett, Wilson).  Here's to hoping that player is right under our noses and emerges sooner than later! I really believe that if we can just get off the ground that this staff will sustain success we haven't seen in some time. WPS!!!