Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Mizzou game will...

Started by hawgon, October 11, 2014, 10:24:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

be the one to see if BB goes two years without an SEC win.  Georgia is hitting it's stride.  We won't beat them.  The Mississippi schools are going to pummel us.  LSU is getting better, although there is a slight chance.  But most likely, we go into Mizzou looking for BB's elusive first win in the SEC.

Fayettechill14

Not convinced Georgia will roll us. Did you see how our defense played? I think we stop their offense, and their defense isn't nearly as good as Alabama's.

Jek Tono Porkins

As if anyone can predict the course of the season with any accuracy.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Bubba's Bruisers

We missed golden opportunities the last 2 games.  Especially against a mediocre A&M team.  We have real shots against UGA, LSU, and Mizzou.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawgon

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 11, 2014, 10:25:17 pm
Not convinced Georgia will roll us. Did you see how our defense played? I think we stop their offense, and their defense isn't nearly as good as Alabama's.

Roll us?  Maybe not, but if they are within three touchdowns going into the 4th quarter, they probably figure a way to pull it out.

Breems

Both teams will likely limp into a dogfight. Unfortunately, it's on their field.

It's hard to believe in anything after both Bama and A&M did their best to hand us two nice wins.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

JaketheSnake

The Mississippi Schools are good, but we played Bama about like Ole Miss(granted it was a sloppy field) and we played A&M close and shoulda/woulda/coulda treated them badly.  Don't think we will get blown out by either.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Breems on October 11, 2014, 10:26:41 pm
Both teams will likely limp into a dogfight. Unfortunately, it's on their field.

It's hard to believe in anything after both Bama and A&M did their best to hand us two nice wins.

Georgia had 22 rushes in 23 plays at one point. Mizzou is like Texas Tech in run defense. It will be that kind of game.

Chief Mac

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

BOAR_N2BWILD

We will beat Georgia by 10 at least
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

S.A.D.C

Quote from: hawgon on October 11, 2014, 10:24:14 pm
be the one to see if BB goes two years without an SEC win.  Georgia is hitting it's stride.  We won't beat them.  The Mississippi schools are going to pummel us.  LSU is getting better, although there is a slight chance.  But most likely, we go into Mizzou looking for BB's elusive first win in the SEC.

What makes you think GA is hitting their stride?  The fact that they barely beat TN or the fact that they killed Mizzou (who lost to Indiana).  This is a crazy season- only games that seem very unlikely at this point are the Mississippi schools....

JaketheSnake

I don't believe we are simply getting a several teams' worst efforts.  We have something to do with it.   

jry04

cool...we had no shot against Bama either, until we actually played them.

UGA is hitting their stride? They looked awful v USC and Tenn. They beat an average team that we will probably be favored to beat, too. Keep in mind Mizzou is the same team who lost to Indiana at home.

hellwonthaveme

I no longer believe in predicting wins.....it is fruitless....Until they win the first one.

It has become silly to come on here after every loss and predict that the next week we roll......insert team....

We continually pull defeat out of the jaws of victory...

Every week...

PRJ

jry04

Really? We played a pretty sloppy game today. We missed an XP, messed up a FG, and fumbled a sure TD. We had our fair share of mistakes.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 11, 2014, 10:32:49 pm
I no longer believe in predicting wins.....it is fruitless....Until they win the first one.

It has become silly to come on here after every loss and predict that the next week we roll......insert team....

Every week...

PRJ

It's mind-numbingly frustrating.  To be a few plays from being 5-1 only to shoot ourselves in the foot two games in a row.  This process is painful
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

GoHogs1091

It is going to heavily depend on if Georgia is all of the sudden allowed to continue to use a player who may have been an ineligible player playing for them until they suspended him (Gurley).

Mason isn't going to be you with his arm.  They have to rely on their running game, so they are one-dimensional.

hawgon

If we played Fayetteville high school and they suddenly joined the SEC, I wouldn't predict a victory against them.

This team INVENTS ways to lose.

hawgon

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on October 11, 2014, 10:35:48 pm
It's mind-numbingly frustrating.  To be a few plays from being 5-1 only to shoot ourselves in the foot two games in a row.  This process is painful

In SEC games, going back to last year, it is more like five or six games in a row.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on October 11, 2014, 10:35:48 pm
Us rebuilding and playing 3 top ten teams in first 6
Games is painful.  What's worse is that some of our fan base cannt see that and thinks someone needs to lose a job every time we lose a close game.  I'd like to win too, but we knew there would
Still be growing pains this year. 

HSVhogfan2

The GA game was fairly predictable. They have better athletes at most every position and were more focused thN they'd been all year due to the Gurley suspension. AR will beat GA if Gurley isn't reinstated. Should get another SEC win between LSU and MO.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Fayettechill14

Every week...

PRJ

Sure, if you combine every single prediction and treat them all as a collective. I didn't think we'd win this game. I even said I think Alabama wins 31-17. Didn't even think it would be a very close game. But it was, and the defense looked improved yet again. I think Georgia is the breakthrough. I've held that since the beginning of the year.

I picked Texas Tech as an upset win. Didn't make a pick on A&M. So we're where I thought we'd be even after looking better than expected in every game since the Auburn game.

Uberanubis

seriously we lost by one point to Alabama. strides man strides. we are going to win some. step back form the ledge.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

hawgon

Quote from: Uberanubis on October 11, 2014, 11:25:28 pm
seriously we lost by one point to Alabama. strides man strides. we are going to win some. step back form the ledge.

You guys don't get it.  This is BB football.  Oh, sure, our team can get better still, but we aren't going to suddenly start blowing out upper tier SEC teams.  BB football means close grind it out games where a play here or a play there wins the game.  Now, go look at BB's record back through Wisconsin in these type games against these type teams.  You won't find too many worse ones.

He has done some thing REALLY well.  This team isn't untalented it SHOULD be, not could be, but SHOULD be 5-1 right now.  That would have us ranked in the Top 10.  But the fact is, two or three years from now, if BB is still the coach, we are still going to be playing these type games against every team in the SEC West and we are going to have our share of losses if coach doesn't get better at it.

Calling All Hogs

We are going to beat Georgia. We hit the jackpot by hiring Robb Smith. He should be a Broyles Award finalist this year. It shows up next week.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on October 11, 2014, 11:30:59 pm
You guys don't get it.  This is BB football.  Oh, sure, our team can get better still, but we aren't going to suddenly start blowing out upper tier SEC teams.  BB football means close grind it out games where a play here or a play there wins the game.  Now, go look at BB's record back through Wisconsin in these type games against these type teams.  You won't find too many worse ones.

He has done some thing REALLY well.  This team isn't untalented it SHOULD be, not could be, but SHOULD be 5-1 right now.  That would have us ranked in the Top 10.  But the fact is, two or three years from now, if BB is still the coach, we are still going to be playing these type games against every team in the SEC West and we are going to have our share of losses if coach doesn't get better at it.

Ok Einstein, tell us all the plays, decisions, or moves you would make. You seem to have all the answers, pontificate away........

Uberanubis

Quote from: hawgon on October 11, 2014, 11:30:59 pm

I think year 2 of a complete rebuild is going rather well. 2 more years from now after this years top recruiting class, and I'm sure next years, we will be competing for the west title.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on October 11, 2014, 11:33:05 pm
Ok Einstein, tell us all the plays, decisions, or moves you would make. You seem to have all the answers, pontificate away........

Pay me 3.2 million and I will produce an SEC win.  But the first thing I would do is hire a new offensive coordinator, get a dedicated QB coach, and a dedicated special teams coach.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 11, 2014, 11:32:13 pm
We are going to beat Georgia. We hit the jackpot by hiring Robb Smith. He should be a Broyles Award finalist this year. It shows up next week.

I agree. And whatever we're paying him I'd add a big bonus. Dude is good. And how bout them linebackers everyone says we don't have. Shannon had them boys ready tonight. Only if we'd have been able to run the daggum ball
This is my non-signature signature.

Torqued pork

Every week...

PRJ
Totally agree.

Pig Worshipper

We're not progressing offensively. Our new defensive co-ordinator is definitely a keeper, though.

No way we will win an SEC game until the last game of the season against Missouri. Then the Hogs will finally get the monkey off their back.

At least basketball season is almost here and we will finally get back to the NCAA Tournament.

I thought we would be 6-6 or 7-5 this season but I was wrong. I do believe next season the Hogs will go bowling again.