Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those of you that don't believe that changing the OC will make a difference.

Started by SloppinItandLovnIt, October 11, 2014, 09:50:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

slim72315

Our main problem is depth!! That takes time to get and it is coming. Our offensive line shows they are tired in the 4th. That's the reason we can get no push to have a chance to run late in games. When teams front 4 are consistently getting to backs in backfield in the 4th and pressure on qb then depth is what's needed. Be patient fans for a change!! It's coming and it's coming soon enough!

Jerrajo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 12, 2014, 09:07:26 am
You can and probably will disagree as much as possible, despite facts. But hey, let's not allow facts to get in the way of stating an opinion.

What facts ? I didn't see any facts in your argument.

Jerrajo

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 12, 2014, 09:25:43 am
You make good points sometimes and then ruin your credibilty with posts like this.

In what way ? IN other words I make good points when I agree with you. That doesnt surprise me.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: TeufelHog on October 11, 2014, 09:53:05 pm
I thought you were going to say, "Look at Alabama."  They need to get rid of Lane Kiffin sooner rather than later.  Never seen a Bama offense in that much disarray.  They have no offensive identity.

You know who was OC under Kiffin at Tenn right?

Surprising? Nope, both offenses looked like a steaming pile of elephant crap.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jerrajo on October 12, 2014, 09:52:25 am
What facts ? I didn't see any facts in your argument.

Worst team you have seen under Saban? How bad can that possibly be?

Same point of the season in years past.
2013      6-0
2012      6-0
2011      6-0
2010      5-1
2009      6-0
2008      6-0
2007      4-2

What are they this year? 5-1?

They have a dominating front 7 against the run that is as good as they have maybe ever had.

Rush Defense

2014     #3
2013     #7
2012     #1
2011     #1
2010     #10
2009     #2
2008     #3
2007     #28

One of the top 5 he has had at Alabama.

Their offense? Averaging 500 yards of total offense per game. That isn't shabby at all.

#18 in the nation.

2013-#33, 2012-#31, 2011-#31, 2010-#22, etc., etc.

I don't think it is that this Alabama team is less impressive than teams in the past, it is just that all of the competition surrounding them in the West, has gotten a lot better.

Stone cold fact and everyone knows this. Surely I don't have to do the research for you on this one?
Go Hogs Go!

ATU HOG

I posted after the A&M game on a few things about the offense and a few things were changed.  We saw fewer tosses and less rollouts yesterday than we have seen in other games.  We threw the ball more on first down yesterday than I have seen all year.  Lots of play-action on first down, especially in the first half. 

What I would like to see more is the draw.  Every time we are in the shotgun, we are passing and that is very obvious.  4th qtr with around 6 minutes left we had the ball and it was 2nd and 3.  We threw the ball twice for incompletions when I believe there was plenty of time to run the ball and make a game winning drive. 

I'm not sure why we don't use a draw or a screen very often, but those are very effective plays that can move the ball in chunks when called at the right time.

Jerrajo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 12, 2014, 10:29:41 am
Worst team you have seen under Saban? How bad can that possibly be?

Same point of the season in years past.
2013      6-0
2012      6-0
2011      6-0
2010      5-1
2009      6-0
2008      6-0
2007      4-2

What are they this year? 5-1?

They have a dominating front 7 against the run that is as good as they have maybe ever had.

Rush Defense

2014     #3
2013     #7
2012     #1
2011     #1
2010     #10
2009     #2
2008     #3
2007     #28

One of the top 5 he has had at Alabama.

Their offense? Averaging 500 yards of total offense per game. That isn't shabby at all.

#18 in the nation.

2013-#33, 2012-#31, 2011-#31, 2010-#22, etc., etc.

I don't think it is that this Alabama team is less impressive than teams in the past, it is just that all of the competition surrounding them in the West, has gotten a lot better.

Stone cold fact and everyone knows this. Surely I don't have to do the research for you on this one?

You left out turn over margin for this Bama team. Conveniently.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jerrajo on October 12, 2014, 10:48:22 am
You left out turn over margin for this Bama team. Conveniently.

That's the normal tactic when one is proven wrong, change the subject.
Go Hogs Go!

Jerrajo

You finally bring facts and you leave out some very important ones... The Alabama teams that were killing everyone didn't turn the ball over. This one does.. A lot.

Jerrajo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 12, 2014, 10:49:32 am
That's the normal tactic when one is proven wrong, change the subject.

How the heck am I changing the subject ? Turning the ball over is a huge stat. Are you serious ? I'm not going to have a discussion with someone who thinks turn overs are a non factor in football.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jerrajo on October 12, 2014, 10:51:03 am
How the heck am I changing the subject ? Turning the ball over is a huge stat. Are you serious ? I'm not going to have a discussion with someone who thinks turn overs are a non factor in football.

Of course they are a factor, but you said I didn't provide any facts, and you were of course, wrong.

You just jumped to T/O Ratio when you were wrong about everything else. But I know you don't like being told you are wrong. Sorry.
Go Hogs Go!

Jerrajo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 12, 2014, 10:57:00 am
Of course they are a factor, but you said I didn't provide any facts, and you were of course, wrong.

You just jumped to T/O Ratio when you were wrong about everything else. But I know you don't like being told you are wrong. Sorry.

I didn't jump to anything. If you are going to bring the facts then bring them all. This Alabama team isn't as good as the others.. And turnovers is a big reason for that. How do you justify leaving those "facts" out.

I enjoy being proved wrong. I just don't see YOU doing it. Not with that logic.

Fatty McGee

Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jerrajo on October 12, 2014, 10:58:40 am
I didn't jump to anything. If you are going to bring the facts then bring them all. This Alabama team isn't as good as the others.. And turnovers is a big reason for that. How do you justify leaving those "facts" out.

Then you have a problem with reading comprehension. You are agenda driven, don't care for Bielema and wish we still had Petrino. That about sizes it up. Your bias is obvious.
Go Hogs Go!

WashUhog6

Quote from: Jerrajo on October 11, 2014, 10:46:54 pm
Yeah Chaney put up big numbers at Tenner too.. Who cares if you still lose.
I know you're arguing against Chaney, and I agree with that position, but Chaney putting up big numbers at Tennessee is a common misconception.

His offenses were ranked 58, 106, and 22 in scoring offense 2010-2012 for an average of 62. Total offense was pretty much the same, and averaged 65.67 with a notable good year in 2012, a *terrible* year in 2011, and a bad year in 2010. But I think Chaney was brought here for his perceived prowess with a passing offense, and his average passing offense ranking at Tennessee was 31.67. Nothing to scoff at, but nothing to heap praise upon either.

Source: cfbstats.com

Jerrajo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 12, 2014, 11:00:06 am
Then you have a problem with reading comprehension. You are agenda driven, don't care for Bielema and wish we still had Petrino. That about sizes it up.

Hey I don't deny I'd rather have Petrino. But that doesnt mean I have an agenda. Calling it like I see it is not an agenda.

My reading comprehension is just fine. You posted a lot of stats that you thought supported your claim. But you neglected to demonstrate the number of times this Alabama team turns the ball over in a game. Thats a pretty important stat. And many would argue a big part of the reason they lost to Ole Miss and should have lost to us.

But hey if you pointing your fingers at me and screaming "agenda!!!" makes you feel better than so be it.

Its dishonest and irrelevant. But do whatever makes you feel better. Ok.

Fatty McGee

How would you even compare if they're not as good, or other teams are better?

We all believe the traditional powers are "down" because MSU and OM are up so it seems crazy.  But we really don't know.  We're subscribers to the same "we're the little guy" thing that we hate when others treat us that way.

Jerrajo

Quote from: WashUhog6 on October 12, 2014, 11:03:03 am
I know you're arguing against Chaney, and I agree with that position, but Chaney putting up big numbers at Tennessee is a common misconception.

His offenses were ranked 58, 106, and 22 in scoring offense 2010-2012 for an average of 62. Total offense was pretty much the same, and averaged 65.67 with a notable good year in 2012, a *terrible* year in 2011, and a bad year in 2010. But I think Chaney was brought here for his perceived prowess with a passing offense, and his average passing offense ranking at Tennessee was 31.67. Nothing to scoff at, but nothing to hep praise upon either.

Source: cfbstats.com

Thank you for correcting me.

Fatty McGee

Some of you would do well to listen to Saban's post game press conference.  Just give you some insight into coaching and the control or lack of control a coach ultimately has.

Jerrajo

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 12, 2014, 11:03:09 am
How would you even compare if they're not as good, or other teams are better?

We all believe the traditional powers are "down" because MSU and OM are up so it seems crazy.  But we really don't know.  We're subscribers to the same "we're the little guy" thing that we hate when others treat us that way.

How do I compare ? I watched Alabama play. They are horrible this year. Maybe its because they are installing a new offense. That doesnt explain all their special team screw ups though. Maybe its all the injuries... ? I don't know. But this Alabama team is nowhere near as good as the teams Saban has had the past few years and I think the remainder of the season will bare that out.

True other teams in the west have improved. But still others arent as good. For example LSU and the Aggies are not as good as they were last year. But Ole Miss and Miss St are.. So its really not that much different. In fact even Bama appears down to me and I"m not the only one saying so...

See what I mean ?

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Jerrajo on October 12, 2014, 11:08:46 am
How do I compare ? I watched Alabama play. They are horrible this year. Maybe its because they are installing a new offense. That doesnt explain all their special team screw ups though. Maybe its all the injuries... ? I don't know. But this Alabama team is nowhere near as good as the teams Saban has had the past few years and I think the remainder of the season will bare that out.

True other teams in the west have improved. But still others arent as good. For example LSU and the Aggies are not as good as they were last year. But Ole Miss and Miss St are.. So its really not that much different. In fact even Bama appears down to me and I"m not the only one saying so...

See what I mean ?

When a fan tells me "I watched them play" that means nothing.  There are 4 or 5 posters here who spend the time to get educated about what's going on.  They watch the game two or three times, and don't just follow the ball like most fans, and have a knowledge base which gives them insight.

Most fans have no clue what any player's assignment, offense or defense, pre-snap is.  Heck, most of them are watching the ball and have no idea what those assignments are post-snap.  So telling me what fans think doesn't mean much except for a few of them.

And when you say something like "they are horrible" then you really lose credibility, as you are way too overexcited to be using "horrible."

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 12, 2014, 11:05:40 am
Some of you would do well to listen to Saban's post game press conference.  Just give you some insight into coaching and the control or lack of control a coach ultimately has.

Well here it is and Fatty is right, you might find this informative.

http://bamahammer.com/2014/10/11/coach-nick-saban-arkansas-press-conference/
Go Hogs Go!

S.A.D.C

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 12, 2014, 10:59:20 am
Fans know virtually nothing about what the OC and DC do.

apparently we know the OC sucks- just read the posts!

Dr. Starcs

I find it ironic that the op is questioning coaching decisions in mmqb but literally came undone and called me all kinds of names when I questioned coaching in jump ball. Lol

Theolesnort

So then Jerrajo is the cat alive or dead? Or is the cat in both states or is it all just a illusion where there only exist possibilities in the multiverse where every possibility is realized somewhere. For others out there don't go huh, Jerrajo knows what I mean, he enjoys being proved wrong.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

LZH

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 11, 2014, 10:03:52 pm
CBB has proven over the years that he will make moves to better the program no matter when the change needs to be made.  I'll trust his judgement.

I guess I hit a little too close to home.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: LZH on December 26, 2018, 04:03:16 am
I guess I hit a little too close to home.

I'm missing it. What's your point?

The old thread does bring some smirks, doesn't it?

jkstock04

Quote from: slim72315 on October 12, 2014, 09:44:25 am
Our main problem is depth!! That takes time to get and it is coming. Our offensive line shows they are tired in the 4th. That's the reason we can get no push to have a chance to run late in games. When teams front 4 are consistently getting to backs in backfield in the 4th and pressure on qb then depth is what's needed. Be patient fans for a change!! It's coming and it's coming soon enough!
This was always an interesting take back in the day....forgot about this one.

Supposedly we needed more depth on the offensive line (5 year rebuild you know) and we were going to rotate guys in and out on the O-line all game in order to keep them fresh and be able to do awesome in the 4th quarter. You know....cause that's what all other successful teams do.... regularly rotate guys in and out on the O-line during games.

Some of the ducking and spin to defend Bielema in those days is something I'll never forget.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys