Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those of you that don't believe that changing the OC will make a difference.

Started by SloppinItandLovnIt, October 11, 2014, 09:50:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SloppinItandLovnIt

Take a look at the DC this year compared to the last two years. Robb Smith has proven this year that he is the real deal with the right players we are capable of having a SEC Caliber defense. I hope Coach B realizes that change in DC was so positive this year, he might consider making a similar change on the other side of the ball.
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

TeufelHog

I thought you were going to say, "Look at Alabama."  They need to get rid of Lane Kiffin sooner rather than later.  Never seen a Bama offense in that much disarray.  They have no offensive identity.

Quickdraw

The OC abandons the game plan in the fouth quarter and calls a hand full of pass plays that everyone and there dog knows he is going to run for four games now.

SloppinItandLovnIt

Hey .... Jim and Lane are two peas in the pod. Both insist on getting away from what both teams do best. And both insist on putting their players in the absolute worst positions.
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

JaketheSnake

CBB has proven over the years that he will make moves to better the program no matter when the change needs to be made.  I'll trust his judgement. 

forrest city joe

JaketheSnake

He has kept us in the last two games.  He CANNT make the plays for the players. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 11, 2014, 10:03:52 pm
CBB has proven over the years that he will make moves to better the program no matter when the change needs to be made.  I'll trust his judgement. 
That is very true. +1000 on your post.

TheRazorbackGuy

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

WarPig88

The defense played like men tonight and the offense WASTED that effort.

I believe it is a combination of personnel, overall scheme, and in game play calling.

It will have to change for this program to ever have a hope of being in the upper echelon of our division.

Cartoon Man

Hogsmo Kramer

Been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but I think I'm at the point that he may need to go.

Doesn't matter who we play our O shuts down in the second half and especially the 4th.

Not sure if it's lack of adjustments, panic in his play calling, or what but he's the OC and so far IMO he's not getting it done when it counts.

If it continues this season a change is in order.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Hogfan1660

I'm finished defending anyone. It's time for everyone to take responsibility for their own actions or lack thereof and man up! Chaney hasn't proved anything to me yet and his record in the SEC as a OC is terrible!

Hogsmo Kramer

azhog10

Quote from: SloppinItandLovnIt on October 11, 2014, 09:50:38 pm
Take a look at the DC this year compared to the last two years. Robb Smith has proven this year that he is the real deal with the right players we are capable of having a SEC Caliber defense. I hope Coach B realizes that change in DC was so positive this year, he might consider making a similar change on the other side of the ball.
Yes a new OC will ensure Walker doesn't fumble that TD and our field goal kicker gets more lift on his extra point, and the deep snapper keeps his snap low. I'm with you then.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Danny J

We have to stop running consistently on first down against teams stuffing the run while loading the box. Have to start mixing that up some. I think we ran on first down every time except one through the first 3 quarters. We had 3rd and long all night. As a matter of fact at one point we converted 7 of 11 third and 8 or longer. That is not something against a Bama type defense you are consistently going to be able to do time and time again yet Chaney kept doing it until it was obvious we had to start throwing on first down in the 4th quarter.

It is too predictable.

BobbyE72

It never ceases to amaze me how when we run the ball late in the game we should have passed and when we pass late we should have ran. The truth of the matter is the plays called put us in more than one situation that would have given us the win had they been executed properly. We threw late because we couldn't run. Bama sold out to stop the run and were run blitzing on first down. The right calls were made. Our guys didn't execute on some and Bama played great defense on the others. We lost the game on mistakes in execution, not on play calls.

Tequilin' Time

HogShat

Quote from: azhog10 on October 11, 2014, 10:11:41 pm
Yes a new OC will ensure Walker doesn't fumble that TD and our field goal kicker gets more lift on his extra point, and the deep snapper keeps his snap low. I'm with you then.

He may not, but, I'll bet he don't try to run the same bs formations with 11 in the box as Cheney did on 4th and 1 and against aTm in OT. Spread out some receivers call a toss or a sweep, give your shifty backs room to make someone miss, if they leave someone uncovered to try and stop the run it becomes an automatic hot read. And I begged for a toss to the left on the play where ba got his bell rung at the 3 on the keeper.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Blutoblutarsky

That garbage play action fake pitch lost us the game and we ran it Atleast 7 times.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: azhog10 on October 11, 2014, 10:11:41 pm

Yeah those were the only issues.  ::)

Those three or four consecutive 3 and outs late, whatever it was, had nothing to do with it.

Passing every single down late when we're a self professed "smash mouth" team and using completely predictable routes had nothing to do with it nor did putting the game in the hands of our obviously shaky QB.

The inability to pick up a 4th and one that was desperately needed yet again had nothing to do with it.

No all of that WAS a problem and has been. Our O falls apart late in games, see the Auburn and A&M game, and that falls primarily on Jim Chaney.

If the players aren't executing that IS his problem as well. He's the OC, he chooses the personnel, the plays, and the teams offensive identity along with Coach B and both are to blame for our offensive ineptness late in games and it needs to be fixed ASAP.

GoHogs1091

Well, Doug Nussmeier may be available after the conclusion of Michigan's season.  Nussmeier basically has no talent to work with at Michigan.

Nussmeier had Alabama's Offense looking a lot better the last 2 seasons compared to Kiffin's garbage Offense.

Dark Helmet Hog

3kgthog

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 11, 2014, 10:07:55 pm
You lose Chaney and you probably lose Pittman too...

You win some you lose some. Package deals don't need to be in coaching. Too much turnover.

Jerrajo

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 11, 2014, 10:41:45 pm
Pretty sure we had more total yardage than Ole Miss...

Yeah Chaney put up big numbers at Tenner too.. Who cares if you still lose.

azhog10

Quote from: HogShat on October 11, 2014, 10:21:55 pm
He may not, but, I'll bet he don't try to run the same bs formations with 11 in the box as Cheney did on 4th and 1 and against aTm in OT. Spread out some receivers call a toss or a sweep, give your shifty backs room to make someone miss, if they leave someone uncovered to try and stop the run it becomes an automatic hot read. And I begged for a toss to the left on the play where ba got his bell rung at the 3 on the keeper.
That didn't lose us the game. Matter of fact after the first Punt fumble recovery Chaneycalled a heck of a series Thay should have led to a TD. Sure there were some shaky calls. But fact is BA missed a lot of check downs and semi open receivers. Do I think our playbook is small or limited. Sure. But I am not in practice to see why that is. I think the plays that have been called have kept Allen in check for the most part. At the end of the game you saw what happens when you give Allen the ball too much. A lot of bad decisions including throws across his body and across the field.

Jerrajo

CBB was at his best when the coach who is not at Pitt was his offensive coordinator.. He needs another guy like him.

David†

Jerrajo

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 11, 2014, 10:41:45 pm
Pretty sure we had more total yardage than Ole Miss...

And yet only 13 points.

Does it really matter how many yards you have if you don't score?

That's like bragging about the great deal you got on gas when your car doesn't run.

Jerrajo

Quote from: David† on October 11, 2014, 10:48:54 pm
I just wish he knew what a screen pass was.

No, remember our line is too big and slow for that..  Lazy coaches.

Jerrajo

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on October 11, 2014, 10:49:52 pm
And yet only 13 points.

That's like bragging about the great deal you got on gas when your car doesn't run.

Now that right there is funny.

Dark Helmet Hog

S.A.D.C

Once again- Cheny called a good enough game to win.  Fumble through the end zone, blocked PAT, bad snap on a FG.  Change 1 of those plays and we probably win.  We out gained them substantially in yardage.  And while this certainly isn't a good Bama team their problems are certainly not on defense.  Their D is great. 

I can't understand why people on here continue to blame Chaney when it is a FACT that of the plays he called had been executed we would have won the last 2 games.  That is undeniable.

HogShat

Quote from: azhog10 on October 11, 2014, 10:48:31 pm
That didn't lose us the game. Matter of fact after the first Punt fumble recovery Chaneycalled a heck of a series Thay should have led to a TD. Sure there were some shaky calls. But fact is BA missed a lot of check downs and semi open receivers. Do I think our playbook is small or limited. Sure. But I am not in practice to see why that is. I think the plays that have been called have kept Allen in check for the most part. At the end of the game you saw what happens when you give Allen the ball too much. A lot of bad decisions including throws across his body and across the field.

It may not have, but it sure took away a chance to win it...

Jerrajo

Quote from: S.A.D.C on October 11, 2014, 10:51:26 pm
Once again- Cheny called a good enough game to win.  Fumble through the end zone, blocked PAT, bad snap on a FG.  Change 1 of those plays and we probably win.  We out gained them substantially in yardage.  And while this certainly isn't a good Bama team their problems are certainly not on defense.  Their D is great. 

I can't understand why people on here continue to blame Chaney when it is a FACT that of the plays he called had been executed we would have won the last 2 games.  That is undeniable.

Wrong we forced so many three and outs and Bama that we should have put far more points on the board than we did. It wasn't the awesome Bama D. It was a coach who cannot coach a qb and can't teach a passing game. Period.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on October 11, 2014, 10:49:52 pm
And yet only 13 points.

Not really the point.

We played well enough to win but made one too many mistakes. We moved the ball better than Ole Miss did yet they won. Does that rest on our OC?

AugustaHog

Do I love Chaney?  Hell no, but if his players (Skip twice vs tamu and kody tonight) don't screw the pooch, we are 5-1 and guaranteed bowl eligible.  Chaney hasn't been outstanding but good enough to be a top 15 team right now.  I knew the blown opportunities would come back to bite us.  If we are griping about coordinators, why are we not fed up with the lowsy job segrest has done on STs?  Our P has been solid but the rest have sucked royally.  Love what Smith is doing on D though.

moses_007

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on October 11, 2014, 10:10:10 pm
I'm finished defending anyone. It's time for everyone to take responsibility for their own actions or lack thereof and man up! Chaney hasn't proved anything to me yet and his record in the SEC as a OC is terrible!
His record is worse than terrible.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Jerrajo

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 11, 2014, 10:53:22 pm
Not really the point.

We played well enough to win but made one too many mistakes. We moved the ball better than Ole Miss did yet they won. Does that rest on our OC?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.. For the love of everything Razorback YES IT FREAKING DOES !!!!

Geez don't you know in year two Petrino would have BA looking like a freaking pro !!! We would have destroyed this crappy Bama team with a coach dedicated to precision in the passing game !!! Petrino was never lucky enough to get such a crappy Bama team !!!

CBB DOES NOT SPEND ENOUGH TIME IN PRACTICE ON QB PLAY THE PASSING GAME !!

He still thinks he is in the big 10 and can run all over everyone !!! When we get another coach who runs those 100 plus play scrimmages constantly throwing the ball then we will start to win again. Any moron can coach the run game. HDN did a great job of teaching the run game.

Long is the dumbest AD in the country. No one has done less with more than Jeffie...

Mr. Integrity got his yes man and he enjoys practice now. Good for him. I hope the fans get wise to sorry butt and runs him out of town..AND SOON.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 11, 2014, 10:53:22 pm
Not really the point.

Ole Miss's offense does not and has not had the issues ours has and has had late in games.

Our O wilts under pressure and cannot close a game and yes that is on the OC.

It's nothing new and it's no secret. Either fix it or move aside and get someone else in who can.

Wins is what matters, not total yards, and you get that by scoring and closing out close games and that IS the point.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Jerrajo on October 11, 2014, 11:03:23 pm
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.. For the love of everything Razorback YES IT FREAKING DOES !!!!

Geez don't you know in year two Petrino would have BA looking like a freaking pro !!! We would have destroyed this crappy Bama team with a coach dedicated to precision in the passing game !!! Petrino was never lucky enough to get such a crappy Bama team !!!

CBB DOES NOT SPEND ENOUGH TIME IN PRACTICE ON QB PLAY THE PASSING GAME !!

He still thinks he is in the big 10 and can run all over everyone !!! When we get another coach who runs those 100 plus play scrimmages constantly throwing the ball then we will start to win again. Any moron can coach the run game. HDN did a great job of teaching the run game.

Long is the dumbest AD in the country. No one has done less with more than Jeffie...

Mr. Integrity got his yes man and he enjoys practice now. Good for him. I hope the fans get wise to sorry butt and runs him out of town..AND SOON.

Unbelievable.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: SloppinItandLovnIt on October 11, 2014, 09:50:38 pm

So......Now the sword falls on Chaney?

PRJ

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on October 11, 2014, 11:03:37 pm
Ole Miss's offense does not and has not had the issues ours has and has had late in games.

Our O wilts under pressure and cannot close a game and yes that is on the OC.

It's nothing new and it's no secret. Either fix it or move aside and get someone else in who can.

Wins is what matters, not total yards, and you get that by scoring and closing out close games and that IS the point.

I agree we have not executed when we have needed to get it done. I just don't think its all on the OC.