officiating

Started by Dirttrackhog, October 11, 2014, 09:46:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirttrackhog

I didnt think it was to horrible...

except...

Skipper with a personal foul?  what?!? 

DeltaBoy

The SEC will ALWAYS protect Nick and Bama.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bubba's Bruisers

Well, it wasn't the difference in the game.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

GB-Razorback

Quote from: Dirttrackhog on October 11, 2014, 09:46:37 pm

except...

Dude,

Did you see Bret on the 20 yard line 15 yards out on the field running like a crazy man trying to get a TO right after Ellis was injured and on the play Bama scored.

That was horrible.  Not one of the referee was paying attention. 
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

forrest city joe

except...

Tell that to Dan Skipper. he took 2 punches to the face and neck. and they threw a flag on him.

Tejas_Pete

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 11, 2014, 09:51:11 pm
Tell that to Dan Skipper. he took 2 punches to the face and neck. and they threw a flag on him.

He has a reputation that affects how he gets calls....just like you have a reputation for being a mentally unbalanced bandwagon hopper so all your threads are discounted even if they happen to be legit.

Nafunu32

Any chance of a .gif of this Skipper penalty? Was listening to it on the radio and everyone seemed baffled.

hogville38

except...

We all know that the SEC officials suck. They have blown so many calls this year. It's like every game I watch there is several bonehead calls.

hogville38

Quote from: Tejas_Pete on October 11, 2014, 09:52:20 pm
He has a reputation that affects how he gets calls....just like you have a reputation for being a mentally unbalanced bandwagon hopper so all your threads are discounted even if they happen to be legit.
This is dumb.

azhog10

Quote from: Nafunu32 on October 11, 2014, 09:53:11 pm
Any chance of a .gif of this Skipper penalty? Was listening to it on the radio and everyone seemed baffled.
If it was Florida the penalty would have been soley on Skipper just like that call on Shepard back in the day.

rickm1976

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 11, 2014, 09:51:11 pm

Yeah, that was a terrible call, and I think they called it on Dan too just because of his reputation, and they just assumed he did something.  However, I thought they called a pretty fair game with that one exception.

Godfather

Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 11, 2014, 09:55:06 pm
The fact they let the game clock run after a Bama penalty with one minute left was their worst mistake.
Agreed..  Also, they let 3-4 seconds tick off the play clock before the penalty, THEN set it back to 40, THEN started the game clock 3-4 seconds before the play clock.  Check it.  :(
WPS to the end.

jethro

The rule says after a penalty you go back to the previous play.  It was a running play previously so clock was running. Therefore, when the yardage is marked off and play resumes, the clock resumes also.  Not necessarily a good rule, but it is the rule. 
Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

tophawg19

i hate to see Penn wagers or mark curles do our games . both have screwed us numerous times
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PORKULATOR

They missed a few holds, an interference  and the Skipper penalty was frakin stupid, but it was the cleanest they've called a game for us yet. Sad really
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Airforcehawg

The holds they missed on 79 were unreal. ..There was at least 4 that I can think of where he blatantly held when matched up against Philon or flowers...those guys were so quick off of the snap it was the only thing he could do to slow them down. I can't believe there was not one holding call period the entire game. Oh this is the same dude that went low on philon

kiddhog

I will admit I'm always" the officials screwed us" type of guy,  But really I know better. However, for those that recorded the game go back to the conversation between Penn Wagers and his crew member on the "off setting" personal fouls between Skipper and the other guy. The guy calling the play was pretty adamant but Wagers kind of goes on and on with him. then all of the sudden it's off setting penalties .  The replay clearly shows Skipper was more than restrained and not guilty at all. That was a HUGE play that cost us points  it is what it is.

David†

Quote from: jethro on October 11, 2014, 10:08:01 pm
The rule says after a penalty you go back to the previous play.  It was a running play previously so clock was running. Therefore, when the yardage is marked off and play resumes, the clock resumes also.  Not necessarily a good rule, but it is the rule. 

Then why with a lead in the 4th qtr, why wouldn't you just run 1 play and then false start for the next 15 minutes?

Hogarusa

Pretty sure thats not the rule
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Penn mother-effin Wagers. Horrible.

BCHogFan

Wrong.  You must have gone to the Penn Wagers school of officiating.  Might want to check in to a refund bro.
How bout them Hogs!!!

Pigdiana Jones

There was at least 4 completely blown calls that I saw on my DVR. I rewound that first supposed "fumble" that went out of the end zone and the guy never had possession. Never, period. It can't be a fumble if you aren't in possession.

Second was obvious neutral zone lineup by bama defense that even my wife said something.

Third was the Skipper penalty. That was stupid and retarded to call that on him.

Last was that "out of bounds" incompletion. The player went up caught it, and would have landed in bounds had he not been pushed out. By rule, that is a complete pass. They blew that one and it was obvious.

I'm so sick and tired of these piss poor SEC refs. Why can't the best football conference have at least halfway decent refs instead of this crap.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

bpoecell

The spots were horrible as well. Williams stretched that ball over the first down line clear as day and they spotted him a half yard short.

GammaRayzorback

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on October 11, 2014, 10:33:38 pm
Last was that "out of bounds" incompletion. The player went up caught it, and would have landed in bounds had he not been pushed out. By rule, that is a complete pass. They blew that one and it was obvious.

There is no force out rule in the NCAA like there is in the NFL, so unfortunately that was the right call.  You're definitely right on the other three, though.

However, go ahead and replace that with running the clock after the final Bama penalty.  By rule, in the final two minutes, the clock stops and there is a 10 second runoff on an offensive penalty unless the defense declines the runoff.  It is mandatory that the defense be given the option to decline the runoff.  We didn't get the option and they continued to run the clock.

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: GB-Razorback on October 11, 2014, 09:50:10 pm
Dude,

Did you see Bret on the 20 yard line 15 yards out on the field running like a crazy man trying to get a TO right after Ellis was injured and on the play Bama scored.

That was horrible.  Not one of the referee was paying attention. 

I don't know HOW the referees could NOT see Coach running and waving his arms.  Absolutely unprofessional on their part.