Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Catch a punt please

Started by nobballconcept, October 11, 2014, 09:35:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nobballconcept

Every yard counts in a game like this

The real Hogules

DJ Dean only seems capable of fielding a punt if hes at our 15 yard line, or closer to the goal line.
Otherwise his job appears to be waving the rest of the punt return team away from the ball.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hogfan1660

I agree totally! We immediately start waving everyone off as soon as they punt the ball!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

We start waving off the punt on Friday night.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

RollHogTide

At least he was smart enough to get out of the way - our (Bama) freaking special teams, not so much.

ICEman

What is the point of having a man back deep in punt formation?
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

hawgon

Never thought I would long for the days of Rosse Moreale.

Hawg414

WHY do we do this?  seriously.  are we scared of what bad things can happen??

out of 85 scholarships, there HAS to be someone who can catch a punt and actually be a threat to gain positive yards with it.  instead of gaining 5-10 yards with a return, we lose 5-20 yards with the ball bounding away in the other direction.  my quick math tells me thats 10-30 yards per possession we are conceding.

Jek Tono Porkins

And if dean caught a punt only to be steamrolled by a bama player and fumbled, we would all be bitching about how he should have called for a fair catch or let it go. This never ends.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

ricepig

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 11, 2014, 11:28:32 pm
And if dean caught a punt only to be steamrolled by a bama player and fumbled, we would all be bitching about how he should have called for a fair catch or let it go. This never ends.

You can fair catch the ball without getting steamrolled, we lost over 100 yards in field position tonight by not catching the punt.

Joe-T

I've been saying this all year !!
You got to go fair catch it!

hawgon

Just one glaring example of how this staff is afraid and coaches players NOT to make mistakes instead of coaching them to go out there and make plays.  That coaching style is primary reason our butts pucker up tight enough to make diamonds out of coal late in the game.

SPAL

Quote from: hawgon on October 11, 2014, 11:54:51 pm
Just one glaring example of how this staff is afraid and coaches players NOT to make mistakes instead of coaching them to go out there and make plays.  That coaching style is primary reason our butts pucker up tight enough to make diamonds out of coal late in the game.

I usually disagree with you wholeheartedly, but you may very well be on to something here.... Seriously

hawgon

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 11, 2014, 11:56:41 pm
I usually disagree with you wholeheartedly, but you may very well be on to something here.... Seriously

I've played enough team sports to spot this when I see it.  The staff has no confidence and thus, the players have no confidence.